OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 11.5'' Sturdy Elm Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
As soon as she heard his voice, she took off. Celia wasn't completely sure the voice actually belonged to Vex, but she wasn't about to take any chances. She rather liked her outfit today, and she had zero intention of getting it slimed. As Celia ran, she withdrew her wand, ready to unlock the first room that presented itself. She was starting to lose hope when she spotted a door up ahead. With a quick alohomora, she yanked the door open and all but threw herself inside.

Leaning against the door, Celia took a second to catch her breath. It was dark, but she could make out the shape of a window on the far wall. After some maneuvering, she was able to push the shades aside, allowing sunlight to filter in. One look at the place, and she almost wished she hadn't opened the shades. The room was filthy and clearly hadn't been used in years. Judging by the pile of broken dummies in the back, it may have once been used for DADA lessons or dueling training.

Celia surveyed the room, trying to look for a clean spot to sit while she waited for Vex (if it was really him) to go away. Her thoughts were interrupted by a noise outside the door, which she realized with a start that she'd forgotten to lock. But it was too late for that. Celia held her wand out, tip pointed at the door, ready to stun the poltergeist if it burst through.

Louis Alcott

⚽Arrogant | Sporty | Confident | Funny | French 😎

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 16 1/2 Inch Unyielding Maple Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Louis had lost track of his mission to explore Hogwarts a bit last year, but he decided that his third year would be the time he would actually uncover some cool secrets. It felt like any moment he'd find some hidden dungeon or secret passageway if he just looked in the right places. He knew a bit of magic now, which was probably the key. It meant he could lock and unlock things, and anyone worth their salt would lock a cool hidden staircase or corridor away. It was probably to keep the silly firsties out of trouble, too.

He had been wandering the Sixth Floor corridor, occasionally trying to open random things that didn't seem to open. So far, he had no luck. But as he turned a corner he saw a door close, a door he was sure had been locked the last time he was here. Excited, he rushed forward and opened it. "Lumos." He said, using his wand to light up the room. He jumped at the sight of the dummies on the floor, his heart speeding up at the sight of what looked like body parts on the ground until he realized they were just dummies to practice spells on. He sighed in relief, only to notice Celia and jump again. "Merde!" He cursed, putting a hand on his heart. "What- were you trying to scare people?" He asked accusingly, now feeling embarrassed about his reaction.

Celia Vuong

look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
The door flew open. "Stupe-" Celia stopped, realizing that it was a person, not a poltergeist. Her wand buzzed angrily, but the red jet of light did not appear. She started to lower her wand when the newcomer's face was illuminated by the lumos spell, revealing that it was none other than Louis Alcott. The boy who had lucked his way into winning their duel last year. Celia froze, Sydney's words coming back to her. Other ways. Other ways to prove she should have won. Other ways like hexing him right here, right now. Just a few simple spells, and she could have the dueling "champion" on his knees, vomiting slugs.

But then what? What did she want from him? An apology? No, she wanted one of those from Alicastell. His title? She'd have to wait until next semester to get that. Acknowledgement that she should have won? Actually, yes, that would be nice to hear. Louis finally noticed her, his exclamation snapping her back to the present moment and causing her to flinch. "What? No! I thought you were Vex!" she shot back, a little put out by his accusatory tone. Realizing that she was still pointing the wand at him, Celia reluctantly lowered it but did not put it away. She crossed her arms. "What are you even doing here?"

Louis Alcott

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Louis hadn't even noticed Celia's wand was up, but when she nearly stunned him he quickly threw his hands up. "Don't shoot." He said, trying to sound casual and joking, though he was still a bit startled by this all. He frowned at the Slytherin, glancing between her and the dummies on the ground. Had Celia been practicing here? He remembered she had been a tough opponent in the duelling tournament. She couldn't possibly be practicing yet, could she?

When Celia said she thought he was Vex, Louis snorted and glanced down at himself and back up at her. "Vex? You need some glasses." He joked. "I look nothing like Vex." He hoped, at least. She asked him what he was doing here, and Louis frowned at her. "I should be asking you that, you were here first. Was that your doing?" He asked, pointing to the pile of broken dummies. Though, now that he looked closer, he saw a coating of dust on them that meant they had probably been here for years. "Or do you just hang out in empty classrooms by yourself?" He asked jokingly.

Celia Vuong

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
He almost sounded scared... scared of her. It was a strangely satisfying thought. Celia arched an eyebrow. "Are you sure about that?" she asked, unsmiling. "The resemblance is uncanny." It was a mean comment and not at all true, but verbal barbs were all she had now that she'd decided not to hex him. It was probably for the best. Knowing her luck, Alicastell would find out if she ever hurt him, and then she'd get banned from the entire tournament.

Celia glanced at the broken dummies. "Obviously not." Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that this place hadn't been used in years. She cast Louis a withering look at his next joke, which hit a little too close to home. Hanging out in empty classrooms was in fact what she'd done for much of her first year after her attempt to run away, back when she'd been too scared to face her classmates and the troublemaking reputation she'd built for herself. "I told you," she started, though she really had not, "I thought I heard Vex, so I came here to wait him out." She frowned. "If you're not also trying to avoid him, then why are you here?"

Louis Alcott

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Louis couldn't help smiling slightly when Celia said the resemblance to Vex was uncanny. He snorted slightly. "Oh, thanks." He said sarcastically, but he didn't seem all that bothered by it. Louis knew he wasn't bad-looking and Celia was just teasing him. "I didn't know you had a sense of humor." He joked, raising his eyebrows slightly.

He knew he had been a bit silly to think Celia had broken the dummies, btu he shrugged. "You're ferocious enough for it." He told her. "That was a compliment, by the way." He added, before she could glare at him again. He nodded when she explained why she was here. But then she asked him, and Louis hesitated. "I came here because I've never seen this door open before." He admitted. "I was exploring, trying to find secrets. The castle is supposed to have loads." He looked around. "I suppose this is a secret, even if it's kind of a lame one."

Celia Vuong

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
"It wasn't a joke," Celia shot back, her voice still serious. It was annoying that she couldn't even insult him properly. Louis seemed completely unbothered, and for some reason, that bothered her. She knew her frustration was misplaced — the outcome of their duel last year hadn't really been his fault — but that didn't stop her from feeling it.

His compliment caught her off guard, and for once, she didn't have a scornful remark to throw back at him. "...Thanks," she finally managed. Louis seemed sincere enough although she wasn't sure "ferocious" was the compliment he thought it was. Then again, there were much worse things to be called. She noted his hesitation at her question. "Secrets?" Celia repeated, clearly skeptical of the concept. "Like, secret passageways?" She did have to agree with his last statement though she wasn't sure why he'd expect anything else. "What were you expecting, a room filled with treasure?" she scoffed. "It's a school. Of course any 'secret' rooms are going to be lame. It's just a bunch of old classrooms and broom closets."

Louis Alcott

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Louis snorted when Celia insisted it wasn't a joke, he gestured at himself. "I mean, you could say I'm as annoying as Vex, but I know I don't look like him." He said with a confident grin. "Or you need your eyes checked." He added jokingly. When she questioned why he was looking for secrets, his grin melted a bit. He shrugged. "I mean, there was a huge hidden chamber in the original Hogwarts that had a huge deadly snake in it. That'd be cool to find." He said casually. "Who is to say there isn't treasure somewhere?" He said. "It'd be cool to be known for some cool discovery, even if it's just an empty room or corridor." he added with a shrug.

Celia Vuong

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
"Well you're that, too," Celia replied after Louis suggested he might be as annoying as Vex. She rolled her eyes when he repeated his little joke, deciding it was useless to press the subject. Clearly his appearance was not a potential area of insecurity. She didn't know what was, but she was sure she could figure it out eventually.

Louis seemed to be fairly invested in this belief that the castle concealed something interesting. Celia could not say the same. "That's the original Hogwarts," she pointed out. "Their castle is hundreds of years old and is basically a historical monument. Of course they're going to have secrets. We go to the knock-off version. There's no treasure here." It annoyed her endlessly that her parents couldn't even enroll her at the original Hogwarts; instead she had to attend a branch. "I'd hardly call an empty room or corridor 'cool.' But by all means, feel free to brag to everyone about how you found an old classroom filled with broken dummies," she said, gesturing at their surroundings.

Louis Alcott

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Louis simply laughed when Celia said he was annoying. He didn't mind it much, he knew he was funny and charming as well. He figured Celia thought so too and was just too proud to admit it. Louis shrugged when Celia said there was no point in exploring this Hogwarts, as it wasn't as old as the original one. "I still think it's cool to just look around and find new places." He said with a shrug. "Why do you say this is the knock-off version, do you not like this school?" He asked her curiously. "I don't know a lot about the original Hogwarts, I'm from France where Beauxbatons is the one everyone goes to." He pulled a face to show his distaste for that school. "For some reason." Louis snorted when Celia said he could brag about finding this classroom and he gave her a mock bow. "Oh no, I wouldn't brag about your accomplishment." He said with a teasing smile. "Though if you want me to spread the word about the great Celia Vuong finding this amazing place, I could do it."

Users who are viewing this thread