Collecting coins

Dreama Petulengro

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Sexual Orientation
No questions please
Dreama's family had ended up in Brighstone Village that day which meant that she would be spending the day dancing. When they came to places like this Dreama liked to dance for the public rather than try and sell what they had to sell. Dreama had her tamberne out while one of her brothers played the guitar. In front of her was a hat where coins could be collected. This was the way she made a living a lot of the time. She was pretty enough for it and she was good at what she did so there she really didn't mind dancing for a public that probably thought of her as a lower class of human being. As one of her sisters sang Dreama stood on tiptoe and spun so that the bells on her skirt would attract more people.

A sound played in his ears so strange he couldn't think of what to call it. The many times he travel these familiar parts of Brightstone, yet this sound was so new to Link that he had to stop to just take in what he was hearing. The melody played in the air, an omnipresent accompanied the lyrical notes. Link's gray orbs dance along the path that the music lead him to, to settle before a crowd where a performance was taking place. He watched for the moment behind the crowds no attempt to push forward, but he felt his legs move. Pushing into the crowds did he stop to stare at the swaying of hips moving side to side.

A girl... She follow the music as if she own the crowds. They stare and applaud, seemingly as drops of coins played around the hat paying for her acts. He watched for a while in transfix formation, but he just watch more because he had nowhere else to be. And the music was captivating that he refuse to leave or else he would've been gone. However this girl was someone he never knew before, something new he thought immediately. A grim looked played his lips, the boy waited for the right time to approach someone new. Someone he would have a pleasure of getting to know.

Dreama put her hands over her head as the music slowed making the dance more sultry to keep the attention of the men in the audience. Seventeen years almost of doing things like this and Dreama knew what a lot of her public wanted. Her long brown hair swept around her as she turned back around to face the other side of she circle and nearly stopped. Eyes, sliver like the moon above her head as the caravan took them to the next town. Or maybe they where gray still they stole her breath for only a heartbeat then as the music speed up again.

As if preforming a magic act now Dreama made a ribbon appear from her tambourine and walked up to the man that had transfixed her so. Dreama spun round only once before letting the ribbon fly to wrap around the boy's shoulders then pressed against him as if she had switched the dance from Gypsy to Tango. She lifted her leg almost impossibly high which made her long skirt slide down some then seemed to nuzzle the line of his neck. As suddenly as she had danced up to him Dreama walked leaving only her ribbon behind again then even that was gliding off his shoulders. Dreama's hips moved as she danced back to her siblings. The message was quite clear. Come play if you can.

The game of seduction was very recognizable for Link. He should know the game fairly well, however this form of seduction was different. Different to make him want to go to the girl, but he stayed. Somehow fear swept over him, but his orbs gray as sliver kept staring at the girl, spellbound that it made him angry. His face fell at the minute, because he wanted to know why he felt angry? Angry that this girl was able to capture his interest without much of a motion of her body. She could've still found her way into his mind without moving. Just something about her made him angry, angry because...he wanted her?

The crowd stayed for a while longer and so did he. It wasn't till the music died down that everyone slowly departed. Everyone left their separate ways but he remain to stay. He reach into his pocket, his legs push forward as he stop at the hat. A few coins slipped inside and she was near to collecting the hat. That's when his eyes meet hers again, "Hello" he conjure oddly. It sounded stiff and hollow. His attempts were weak, but his desire were strong.

Dreama squeezed some more time from the dance before the song ended. This was the last 'show' for the day so her brother and sister started to pack up while the people that had gathered payed what they could and left like they always did. Dreama would be seeing a few of them again if they will themselves to come back to look at what they doing. It was always a curiosity when Gypsies come to town. Dreama loved seeing all the different people though. Dreama saw that the man she had danced up to was there. There was lust in his eyes. She had been taught to tell when a Gadjo was lustful because this was when she was meant to stay away. Still he was standing near the money that she was going to use to buy that evening's food.

Slowly Dreama walked up to the moon eyed man and bent down near the hat to gather the coins that had not quite made it into the hat. More coins went into the hat and Dreama looked up at the man. He seemed transfixed now which Dreama didn't know if it was a good thing or bad thing. Her sister called out to Dreama to which Dreama signaled back and told her in their version of the Romani language that she would be making it back later with the food. She turned back to the man who had given her the aquward hello. "Hello." She said in her thick accent. Dreama knew several different languages but English had never been her strongest one. "Can I help you with anything?" She asked with three coins ready in her fingers in case he wanted payment for their performance together.

“Well my name…” Link dropped a few more kinds before he spoke. “Link…” he basically gave her the first name. He hardly shares his last name with most people. If they were from around here most would know him but rather nor pay mind to the angry boy. He was so good a hiding the person that he truly was, so he let them think he was the angry boy. And if you dare talk to him, you’re wasting your time on him. Girls however got a different side of him, they got more than expected. “What do they call you?” he asked her, his eyes linger from up and down her form once. Than he stood still, he would lust but should no meaning of wanting anything from her.

Link was complicated that way. He hardly show affection and when he did he hated to see go wasted on someone who never actually get him. Kiera, Leah, Caysi and Irene…. He stared cold into the eyes of the girl. None had been sacrificing to him….but he didn’t want to think about that in that moment. He just cleared his mind away, as if he was washing away all his past. Just too actually talk to someone different and maybe…he looked down…”What do you call that kind of dancing?” he asked her…

Dreama was now trying to take the measure of this man. He was an odd one and as mysterious as the dark side of the very thing that was reflected in his eyes. She tilted her head and laughed softly. 'Why would you need help with your name. It is a perfectly good name. Link as in the link between this world and the next." She said kindly. "You are very kind to give the Pentulengro your coins." She said with a kind smile on her face. She took out a wand then transfigured the hat into a coin bag and tied it to the sash of her skirt. "Dreama, Dreama Pentulengro." She said to answer his last question.

Dreama studied the interesting Gadjo more even when his eyes slipped down her body. She had caught even Romani boys doing this. Dreama had been told all her life she was very beautiful but Dreama didn't see it in herself. "What we preformed is a Prosperity dance. Asking the higher powers to rain down what we need to survive. It just so happens to be a good show too so in a sense it does bring prosperity." She said with a laugh. Dreama ran a hand through Link's hair and looked into his eyes once more. "What bothers you Link?" She asked. Her English was again not very good so she said his name Le-nk instead of Link.

Link felt her hand and becuase he was so into what she was saying he didn't seem to feel her. "Well..." he began to speak again. His voice a little charm than normal and perhaps to friendly for his own status. "I;m just wondering why I havent' seen you before, but what you have just told me and what I have just saw.." he lifted the side of his lips to smile, a radiant smile but it was flirting. Back to his old ways, flirting and wanting to know who this stranger was.

"What I do is kill people..." he said truthfully and unaware that he was risking his stauts for some strange girl "You see..." he stepped closer to trace her face with his hand. "I can kill you right now and no one will notice.." he smiled some more, he wanted to see if she believe him or not. "Its the way I live and the way I just paid for your performance.." again he sounded sincere, but it was hardly true. He had killed once however, it had been an accident. No one will know about that, he was just joking for the mean time..."Would you believe that I kill? Or will you think of just a joke...?" he trace his thumb across her lips, still he held such a cold sneer but it weren't true if she believe it to be... "Dreama?"

Dreama looked down as the softest blush appeared on her cheeks. "I am Romani Link, a gypsy more commonly known. This is the first time we've crossed the water to New Zealand though. I have never seen you either but I have seen your eyes." She said, her eyes pointed towards the sky for a moment then back down. Dreama stood very close to Link now. She was flirting as well. It was harmless really. She would be gone in a few months time and it was more likely that moon-eyed Link would forget all about her. She had done this before so once more would be much different never mind hat this was the first moon-eyed person that she had ever met.

"Ando gav bi zhuklesko jal o pavori bi destesko" Dreama said in their Romani language. Link was the one to touch her now but while her touch had been comforting his was more than that. Dreama's breath caught for only a second again. "In some way or form people have got to die, would it be so wrong if that death comes from this hand?" She said while he traced her lips. She took his hand and wrapped the other one around his neck to lift herself up. Dreama hovered right over his lips and breathed "Tell me, is it my time to die Killing Angel?" she didn't say this because of any particular power but because of his looks. There was something angelic about the way his face was structured and the way he spoke. He was cold but why would an angle be anything but when the world was so cold and cruel.

Dreama felt a hand on her shoulder making her look up. It was her older sister Nacturna. "Gadje Gadjensa, Rom Romensa" Her sister said. Dreama nodded and unwound herself from Link. "My sister is right, I will be seeing you around I assume but for now I have to go." She said. Nacturna started to walk away but Dreama stayed to see what Link would do next before she walked away.

Translations:
1. In the village without dogs, farmers can walk without sticks.
2. Gadje with Gadje, Rom with Rom

Link was astonished by the girls actions. She had been near to kissing his pale lips, and even called him Angel. He closed his eyes for the moment, taking in her very sense. Till it was interrupted by someone he didn't know, he curse silently before she drifted away. "Though I wouldn't kill someone the likes of you" he mumble for to her.

The sister was long ago, Link never watched her leave. He kept his grey orbs just on her, she moved so delicately, it was hard to keep up with her. Link dashed before she left, his arm flung around her mid waist. "The moon appears out tonight, the woods always call my name....I seek someone like you...to join me in a bit of play..." he whispered, than slowly walk back with a humorous grin. "Its not everyday I write poetry" he departed more back to where he came from, disappearing into the distant.

Dreama had wanted to fall back against the Gadjo as she heard him speak into her ear. She could tell already that this was going to hurt badly when it was all over and done with. But as with everything things had to end. It was just the way life was. The only thing that Dreama and known to go on for ever was the road and her love for all things free and open. As she joined her sister in a bit of food shopping Dreama remembered his arms around her waist. "Gadje Gadjensa, Rom Romensa" It would be impossible for her to stay with someone that did not know what it was like to be a Gypsy. Slowly she made her way home along side Nocturna as an orange moon rose over head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back