Closed Cold weather and warm hugs.

Casper absolutely melted into Linden, letting out a soft sigh. It had been so long since anyone had held him, and Casper never wanted to move again. "No." He replied softly, basically clinging to Linden, his fingers clutching so hard at Lindens shirt that his knuckles were white. "I- I'm scared," he admitted softly, burrowed in against the boy. "I need you. And it terrifies me." He managed, his voice breaking twice as he said it.

Linden didn’t want to move. He had missed being hugged. He hadn’t had a proper one with no uncertainty since lucas had started pulling away from him months ago. They had hugged but it had been a little more distant. Well he had also had hugs from his family it also wasn’t the same.he always felt like a kid when his dad hugged him, ivy was too small, and the others were well, too girly.
He kept a hold on Cas as he spoke them both shifting positions slightly so it was him holding cas, not cas holding him. He moved his hands so he was able to stroke the back of his head as casper leant into him. “Being scared is okay. I’ve got you and I am not letting go until you want me to” he said. He was referring not just to the hug which he hoped wouldn’t be too long as his toes were going numb. But to a life where he wanted to always have his best friend with him and where he was fairly sure he needed casper as much as casper needed him.

Casper hadn't felt this vulnerable in a long time. It was absolutely terrifying. But... It didn't feel wrong. He couldn't help a breathless laugh at Lindens words. "What happens if I say I don't want you to? Like, ever?" He asked, only half joking. Cas whimpered softly at the hand in his hair. He cursed under his breath, holding Lin a little tighter. "It... It's been years since anyone's..." He tried, but couldn't quite get it out. Cas shook his head, pulling back. This was bad. It was dangerous. He couldn't be that close to Linden. Looking very uncertain and failing to hide it, Cas took several steps back. "You said hot chocolate?" He managed, still unable to look at Linden, afraid of what Linden would see with Casper's defenses so far down.

Linden smiled at caspers comment. “Then we are going to get very cold and very hungry, and it will get very awkward when one of us needs to go to the toilet,” he said, smiling slightly. It wasn’t quite what he had meant when he had said it and they both knew that but the mental picture was still too funny to let sit. He kept holding him as he stumbled though half a sentence. He wondered what hadn’t occurred in years. “Shh now, i got you” he muttered in a voice hardly more than a whisper.
Before he had even finished speaking, Casper was out of his arms and moving away. Had he felt it too, the thing that should never happen between them. He looked away wishing that he hadn’t cut his hair and the curls were back to hide the warmth on his face. “Yes right, hot chocolate,” he said. Glad for the excuse of a distraction. “Should I go and find tara while you and the elves make it?” he asked, wanting an excuse to get away for a few minus. ”Meet you back in the arts room?” he said. Thinking that would be the perfect place for them to meet

Cas had to bite his cheek to keep back the smile. It kind of bummed him out, but he got the joke. He shoved his hands back into his pockets. He really had to put space between him and Linden. When the boy offered some, Casper was all too quick to accept. "Sure, yeah, I'll get right on that." He agreed without thinking, and immediately he walked back towards the castle, his heart pounding in his chest. One word kept repeating in his head, like a chant in homage of how badly Casper had just messed up. F*ck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back