Coincidental event

Kerryn Howard

OOC First Name
Sally/ Kaitlyn
Wand
12 inch Sturdy Yew with Basilisk Skin
The lakefront has always been Kerryn's favorite spot, it's peaceful and has not much distraction. Kerryn took her book and leaned back to the rock as she started reading. She's quite a loner really, not because she's not fond of people but she's afraid of hurting them with her unfriendly nature especially to muggleborns. Being born and brainwashed in a prejudiced family is not a healthy situation for any wizard. It's not up to Kerryn whether or not she will be one of those prejudiced Howard, she has to end up like them or Merlin knows what will happen. Hence reading piles of books helped the young brunette to escape from painful reality. She sighed as she flipped another page of her book. The weather was warm and cozy, birds sang back and forth to each others, and the sun was as happy as she can be. Everything around her enjoyed what they were doing except for the fourth year Slytherin. She sighed once more as she closed her book and stared at the water. There's something about the water that Kerryn loved, it's steady yet elegant, two qualities that Kerryn doesn't inherit. She stood up and walked toward the water, closing her eyes she kneeled down and touched the water.

Al loved to sit outside by the lake, the past few years he had found it calm and peaceful compared to the noise of the castle he still was not used to. Unfortunately his social life was decreasing and he had completely lost touch with his hufflepuff friend to whom Alessio had no idea happened. He sighed, feeling slightly lonely for the fact that he ought to have friends - even at least one best friend - by now. He was in fourth year and he felt like he didn't belong here. His grades were lower than his siblings', even his brother had better grades than him and despite being a year younger had the decency to actually study. But Al couldn't bring himself to embrace the wizarding world just yet. He wouldn't need such a push if he had people who he could talk to, but he was as shy as they came and therefore struggled, really struggled to make friends here at Hogwarts. Al hoped he'd come out of his shell sooner or later and preferably sooner, otherwise his seventh year would creep up on him and the hufflepuff would have wasted his time and effort trying to learn anything about witches and wizards. Of course he knew he'd be able to manage but not good enough. He was the oldest child in the Benivieni family next to his twin - it wasn't like he could ask guidance from his younger ones. He should be the one to teach them what he knew.

Al looked to his side at other students who were all chatting. Well they have friends. Alessio's gaze settled on a particular girl he had never seen in his entire life. Well. Maybe he would have paid more attention had he not kept to himself for this many semesters. She was sitting a few feet apart from him and he smiled subconsciously. She looked like she was in a similar state as him. Alessio looked back down at his work trying really hard to get the spells in his head but his mind was exploding with information. He knew he wasn't stupid, but his mind wasn't set for these types of facts. Whoever thought he had 'magical abilities' had to have been someone who knew Al better than himself, because he just wasn't getting any of it. "Why?!" he said frustratedly in Italian. He almost forgot about the girl who probably heard his frustration but that didn't matter because what did, when he couldn't understand any of what he'd been taught. He glanced back up at her but she was no longer there, instead she had gone to the water. Al sighed.​

Living in a four season country it's almost impossible for nature to produce warm water. Kerryn look at her reflection in the water and threw a stone at it. Right before Kerryn stood up, she heard the sound of a person speaking in a language that Kerryn knew nothing about. At once the fifth year Ravenclaw stood up as her eyes started roaming, trying to find who the owner of the voice was. Her eyes finally stopped when she spotted a Hufflepuff being frustrated. "What's wrong with you?" She asked, she meant to ask if he was alright but she didn't know how to put it in words. She took a step closer to see the boy closer, she had never seen him before. Actually there are many people that Kerryn doesn't recognize. Her being a book worm and a loner seems to make a gap between her and other people. "Do you honestly believe that people can understand that language of yours or care to even understand you?" She said in a low tone. Again, Kerryn was socially awkward. Being friendly to other people has always been her weakness. Kerryn then took her wand that she dropped and placed it in her pocket and sat by the lake, not knowing what to do with the Hufflepuff.

Al sighed, not exactly in the mood to be pissed off as it was and when the girl spoke to him he looked up at her and gave her a genuine smile. "Actually, a lot of things." Alessio had some idea what he was trying to say himself however not completely, but apparently if he could not get the spells correct soon he would surely fail which would mean he would be shipped off back to Rome to his parents and that would not be a good sign at all. Sara, his little sister, needed him and she'll need him more next year when she came, if she got accepted to go to HNZ like him and his other siblings. Or, she'll need him less however she managed during her first year. Alessio knew he would have to watch out for her and therefore needed to boost up his grades. An idea popped into his head and he replied to her snarky comment, which he thought was not very nice but then again the girl hadn't sounded purposefully rude. "Not really, no. And it's Italian in case you were wondering." Al smiled at her again this time his faint dimples showing, noticing her Ravenclaw robes and for a split second was curious to know if she was like the stereotyped blue house students. "I'm sorry," he apologised, a tinge of red appearing on his cheeks as he slightly flushed. "I'm Al," he added as an afterthought. She probably did not even care given by what she'd asked him but he introduced himself anyway because he found himself to be a bit too empathetic sometimes. He also never liked to say his full name on first meeting as he found it too formal.

Being treated with such friendliness was definitely unexpected by the fifth year Ravenclaw. Kerryn acted rudely but he treated her with love and kindness, and this made it even worse. Kerryn definitely doesn't know how to talk to the Hufflepuff with such an attitude. "What makes you think I wonder whatever language you were murmuring about?" or in other words I see. Kerryn put her little wand in her pocket and shoved it deeper so that she wont lose it again. "Kerryn, Kerryn Howard" She introduced herself. Don't know if he knew who Howard was, a lot of her cousins studied here, in fact there are four Howards in the castle right now. The reputation of the family was far from good, they were known as cold blooded people who put their feelings aside. "Al, the Hufflepuff. Tell me, are you a blood traitor or are you doing what is right?" there you go, another awkward way for Kerryn to know what his blood status was. Kerryn is extremely odd, at times she hated herself for being like one. It's only the matter of time til Kerryn annoys the boy as well as making him uncomfortable around her.

Alessio watched the girl, who seemed a bit rude to him but he always knew when to keep his mouth shut about such things. He had no idea what her problem was, in the good sense, and he found it none of business if something was wrong. She might just have been having a bad day is all so he shrugged it off, not really used to being around people with that much attitude. Alessio was not one to cause problems though, at least not intentionally and especially not with people he'd just met. In fact, he was hoping the Ravenclaw girl would get to know him first a little so he wouldn't feel as lonely or as frustrated as he was with trying to learn everything he needed to know about magic. "I...I'm just...I wasn't trying to offend you or anything if that's what...I did..." he was feeling flustered as he knew he was embarrassing himself in front of her. "And you're Kerryn the Ravenclaw," he said trying to make light of the matter. Maybe she was just as bad as he was at social interaction. "I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that," he raised an eyebrow at Kerryn, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. If that was a way to ask him what his status was he didn't think it was important but of course coming from the muggle world he didn't know much if anything about the importance of where you came from or what family you were from. Back in Italy it was all the same to him so he felt indifferent to all of it.

Kerryn was absolutely surprised to see how nice and kind the boy was. Being offended should be the natural response of those who Kerryn had been treated rudely but not Al. This made the fifth year ravenclaw curious. "What's wrong with you? Why are you so nice to me?" Kerryn couldn't help but to question his motive. She never trust people, not even her fellow pureblood friends. But this time, she asked in a calmer tone, she didn't want to scare the boy away after treating him in such a manner. She questioned his blood line, not knowing what the term blood traitor was surprised her. He must've been born into a non magical family and got the privilege to learn magic. And by being friends with him will maker Kerryn a blood traitor and she's definitely against it. But she couldn't resist Al's sweet tone. "Are you... Are you not... Angry ... Or scared of me?" Kerryn had never asked those who she knew nothing about questions out of curiosity, she was too groggy to hear the answer.

Alessio had found a lot of people in this school as a bit odd sometimes, but Kerryn was rather interesting, a bit more so than the rest. "Maybe it's because I want to make a friend for a change. It's not like I have anywhere else to be anyway," he added as an afterthought, meaning what he said. Actually it would be nice to spend his free time with somebody else other than himself for a change. "Why are people not nice to you?" he asked, assuming that was the case if Kerryn had asked Al why he was being so nice to her. It was just how he was, he didn't like arguing and especially not at Hogwarts where he needed to do well and know more about magic than he really did. He couldn't afford to make enemies on top of everything else overwhelming him. "No...of course not. Why would I be?" Alessio was confused now. He never understood why people had to be nasty to each other. Could they not simply ignore each other's presence instead of tiring themselves from fighting all the time? " I mean. It would be nice not to have enemies, as I already struggle to grasp the idea of magic and learning magic itself." The hufflepuff did not even think whether that gave his blood status away. Friends were meant to know you well and accept you so it really did not matter to Al where his friends came from. If they were genuine nice people then he'd be their friend.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back