Closed Coffee and Playdates

Dreya took a deep breath, burying the little twinge of disappointment she felt. "Friends," She gave him an easy smile, sipping on her coffee to help her pull herself together. She didn't know why, but a little part of her wished he'd wanted to actually go on a date with her. But that was silly. He still loved his wife, and Dreya was hardly an extraordinary woman. She looked over to the kids, watching them a moment. "They seem to be getting on well," She commented, wanting to veer them back to a safer subject.

Corentin wondered as he walked her face whether he had done wrong by saying that the date should just be a friend date, but he felt like they needed to just take a little bit more time with it. Go a little slower than anyone else. He glanced back at the children and enjoyed the animated expression that his son had on his face as he played. "Yeah, it's good, I haven't seen him smile that much in a while," he commented. The death of his wife, the boy's mother, had been hard on him, though he was still a bit young to fully undestand it.

Dreya smiled. "Bri looks like she's having fun, too. We should get them together more often. I'm sure her mother will be thrilled she's found a friend," She offered, finishing off the last of her coffee. "Do you want another cup?" She asked, looking back to him. "Or maybe we could take the kids to a park I know nearby?" She suggested, thinking it might help the little rascals wear themselves out.

Corentin nodded in agreement, thinking that the kids were getting along very well. It was a good thing for him to be around kids his own age, rather than him and any other boring adults around him. "I think cups to go then?" he said, it would be good for Amais to be able to expend some of his energy outside in a park.

Dreya nodded, finishing her drink before standing. "Do you want to get the drinks, and I'll gather the kids?" She offered, pulling the stroller over and making sure everything was packed properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back