Coaching

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked out onto the pitch with her broom in hand, she was to meet Lexi here for some training and hoped she would show up. One way or the other, Andromeda would get some extra fly time in anyway.

lexi was nervous walking towards the pitch with the broom she just took in the broom closet of the quidditch pitch. she's doing it again and she don't know if she'll going to past this last exam or not, if she's going to failed what will her parents are going to say.

as lexi was walking nearer to the pitch, she caught a glimpse of andy and she sighed as she stop. lexi continue walking again and walked towards andy, as she was walking lexi felt that her broom is sliding off in her hands because of the sweat in her hands that makes her nervous. lexi stop in front of andy and greeted her, "hi." she said faking her smile. "can i just failed my flying exams, coz this is ridiculous." lexi said crossing her arms.

"Lexi exams are not ridiculous they're necessary and you'll do fine I promise" Andromeda smiled at her, "Just don't look quite so defeated before we have even started ok?"

Andromeda put her broom down on the ground beside her.
"Right, place yours on the ground as well", she reached inside her robe pocket and removed her winter gloves, she tossed them to Lexi.

"These might help" she smiled.

"yes, they are ridiculous." lexi muttered to herself. "i'm not look like defeated, i just don't want to ride a broom."

then andy placed her broom in the ground and said might as well to put her broom in the same place. lexi did this, she placed her broom in the right side of her. after she did this andy throw some winter gloves on her and said it might help, lexi put it in her two hands and waited for andy's instructions.

The wind had picked up now and Andromeda smiled, great time for flying.
"Alright Lexi place your hand over your broom like this" Andromeda held her open hand directly over her broom, widening each finger out so her hand was good and taunt.

lexi waited for andy's instruction until she spoke, andy held her hands directly on the broom. as lexi seeing this she can't stand with a broom on her side, so she closed her eyes and held her hands too.

"Ok Lexi now call 'Up' like you really mean it but be careful sometimes the broom might come up and other times it mightened. If it does come up be prepared ok?" she warned her, "I got whacked so often on my shoulder the first few times I tried this but you get the hang of it eventually".

when lexi heard the word whacked, she began to backward a few inches into her broom. "are you sure its safe, coz we can get a teacher or a adult to supervise us." she said in her nervous tone.

"ok, if you say so." lexi said while placing her right hand in her righthope this will work for me lexi thought to herself and smiled to andy.

she breath hard and said "up!...up!...up!" lexi said over and over but nothing happened, she tried again and went to a wrong direction and hit her nose, again. she placed her two hands on her nose. "see what the broom did to me." she said irritated.

Andromeda smiled kindly, having the patience of a saint helped in these instances even if she would never be one.
"Lexi don't keep calling it over and over. Just say it once then wait for it to rise. If it doesn't then try again but always have your hand ready just over it to catch it. A few bruises won't kill you. Uncle Patrick will heal them in no time at all".

"andy, thats my problem, your uncle. i don't want him to see me again in the hospital wing." lexi said while holding her nose. "i wish quidditch is never invented." she looked at andy for the up coming reaction from her.

Andromeda laughed, "Yeah is bark is worse than his bite. Don't worry about him if it comes to the point where you need healing, I'll go with you. Alright?" she looked at Lexi then pointing to the broom on the ground said, "come on try again. Don't give up Lexi I know you can do this!"

"ok, but i don't want to go to the hospital wing again." lexi said while placing again her right hand on her right side and said "up!" lexi waited but the broom is just wiggling nothing wrong, she then again called the broom. "up!" lexi is kind a irritating with this kind of procedure. "can i just kill the broom." she said and the broom went up in her hand. "thats...awesome!" she said smiling.

lexi smiled to andy and placed the broom in the ground again, she then placed her arms at the right side of her and said "up!." the broom went up in her hand fast than 1 minute. "i can do it." she said to andy, "i wish i'm always like this." she wish if thats true.

Andromeda smiled at her delighted that Lexi was happy with her success.
" All you needed was some practise. Now do you want to go a step further and sit on the broom?" she asked, she certainly didn't want to push Lexi when she was just getting the hang of it all.

"yah, i think is some practice." she smiled to andy more, then andy slowly said that if she want to go further on the broom. "you mean, i'm going to sit on it...no...no." lexi's facial expression went into fear mode, again

Andromeda smiled, "Lexi trust me you'll be fine honestly. Just grab your broom when it comes into your hand then hold it at your side, as if you were holding onto the crossbar of a bicycle. Then just swing one leg over like this" Andromeda straddled her broom slowly to show her. She dismounted and did it again a bit slower.

"Go on give it a try!"

lexi did what andy said and swing her legs to the other side of the broom, she closed her eyes and said "if i die tell to my mother, father and my sister, ok."

Andromeda shook her head and smiled again. She would get lock jaw at this rate she thought.
"You are doing fine honestly. Now dismount from your broom again. We're not flying just yet. I want you to put your broom back down onto the ground then go through exactly what we just did putting it all together. The up command, the holding out of your broom and then the straddling it. Try to get it so that it all becomes a fluid motion" she told her. Andromeda had every faith in Lexi that she could do this, it was just getting Lexi to believe she could.

"i'm hungry, my stomach said to get on with it."lexi said making a face. "so, andy can we eat."she said while crossing her arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back