OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Rhys was enjoying his time as part of the newspaper, it meant he could finally find a use for all those articles he had written in the past out of just pure boredom. Though he had wanted to write about the Quidditch matches, but another boy kept beating him to that. It was slightly annoying, but he wasn't going to complain about it. With his notepad tucked under his arm, the first year pushed his way into the club room but paused when he saw there was someone else in here. And, upon further inspection, it was the boy who kept stealing the Quidditch articles. So, curiously, Rhys moved to stand behind the boy, peering over his shoulder to see what he was writing. "Is that the article for the next edition?" If it was, maybe he could help.

@Charlie Helkovaara

That last match was just so intense! Charlie was hunkered down in the club room, working to write down an article that actually worked. He was completely lost in thought, his quill flying furiously, when he heard the voice. He looked up, smiling shyly at the other boy. "Oh, hi. Yeah, it's the next Quidditch article," he told him, offering out his hand. "I'm Charlie."

Rhys eyed the offered hand for just a moment before he finally reached out and took it, giving it a small shake. "Rhys," he also offered his name before dropping the hand again, shoving his free hand into his pocket as his other kept a tight hold on his notepad. "So... how far have you come with it? Can I have a look?"

Charlie smiled shyly, moving his hands back to his parchment. He looked surprised for a brief moment before nodding. "Sure, of course. More eyes," he chuckled. "That last game was so intense. I need to trim the article down," he sighed, picking up his article and offering it to Rhys. "I could use a second opinion," He rubbed the back of his neck with a shy smile. "I'm pretty sure it's too long," he laughed lightly.

The exciting Quidditch season continues, this time with Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff. The match was rather short lived. Gryffindor fought hard; both chasers Chloe Thompson and Noel Waldgrave scored against Hufflepuff. Their beaters were on fire as well. Lysander Summers hit both seeker Elliot Briar and chaser Jordan ‘Jordie’ Harris.

Hufflepuff, however, didn’t go down without a fight. Beater Tilly Drage hit Fylnn North. Chaser Rene Tolifau scored the only goal for Hufflepuff that day; elder brother and Gryffindor Chaser Solomon ‘Sully’ Tolifau must be proud. Jordan took the quaffle next, managing to keep hold of it despite Lysanders’ valiant effort to take him out as he approached the hoops. Before Jordie could recover to attempt a shot, Seeker Elliot Briar took a sudden turn, most likely following the path of the bludger that had flown past him. He flew after it and secured both the snitch and the win for his team. The match may have been short, but it was exciting.

The next game was Ravenclaw versus Slytherin. The game started off surprising, with a kiss between captains Lars Van Houten and Blake Irons. Certainly unexpected, though I personally thought it was a little sweet. Once the teams were in the air, Slytherin Chaser Jasper Night took hold of the quaffle. The skilled chaser took on keeper and captain Lars Van Houten and managed to score the only goal of the game.

Ravenclaw wasn’t silent for this match, however, as the Ravenclaw Beater Juniper Zumwalt hit both Jasper Night and the Slytherin Keeper, Mordred Cavanaugh. Of course the reigning champion Blake Irons caught the snitch with ease, ending the game before Ravenclaw could score a single point.

The champions bout between Slytherin and Ilvermorny was definitely exciting! So much happened. The Ilvermorny team was hardly dull. The best chasers on the field today were foreigner Lucas Ames, who scored five of his eight shots, while Slytherin Jasper Night scored four of his six shots. As far as beaters go, the Ilvermorny team were certainly more skilled. Aj Ari especially stole the show. With a total of ten hits, Aj singlehandedly took out star seeker Blake Irons and chaser Indira Khatri.

His co-beater, and one of the co-captains, Eli Carter, proved to be almost as deadly. He scored eight hits, though two were against his own teammates, with one hit to Lucas Ames and one to keeper and co-captain Adam Everett. Everett certainly held quite the personality. He openly mocked chasers that failed to score, despite his poor performance of only catching three of the eight goals thrown at him. Slytherin keeper Mordred Cavanaugh held a better rating, catching 6 of the thirteen shots thrown to him. While Mordred caught just under half of the shots thrown to him, Everett barely blocked ⅜ of his goals, screaming like a petulant child at his seeker and his beaters, once to try and set them onto chaser Jasper Night and again to scold Carter for hitting him.

Despite Ari’s and Ames’ outstanding performances, outmatching both our chasers and beaters, Slytherin took home the cup. After Ari took out star seeker Blake Irons and alternate seeker Ruben Right was taken out by two hits from Carter and the final blow that came from Ari, Jasper Night took a hit from both beaters before catching the snitch and securing the win for Slytherin. With a captain like Everett tearing down such a formidable team, is it really any surprise Seeker Hope Thompson didn’t catch the snitch?

Perhaps the Ilvermorny team will return under better leadership to take on the Hogwarts champions. Will Ruben Right be able to uphold the mantle of Blake Irons and secure the Slytherin championship next year? Or will Ravenclaw seeker Minnie Calida take the field by storm in her final year? Will Flynn North emerge as the new champion? Or will Hufflepuff Linden Cullen return to take Elliots place and elevate the Puffs to victory?

Rhys didn't say anything as he pulled what the boy had written a litter close to him with a finger, pressing his lips together as he read through it. And then again. I agree, it's too long," that was his first opinion. "You could probably cut down on the stats. It's a bit of an overload. I don't think people really care how many of shots they actually made, just which ones actually scored. Or which players they took out."

Charlie wasn't going to admit that he was holding his breath as he waited for the other boy to finish reading the article. He let out a slow breath when Rhys spoke, nodding easily. "You're right. That last game was really intense though, wasn't it?" He asked, eager to really talk it over with someone. "Did you hear the way the keeper from Ilvermorny was screeching at everyone? What was up with that?" He asked. He wanted to tell his dad about it. He probably would, when they were settled back at home.

Rhys felt a little pleased that the boy agreed with his opinion. But as for the game being intense, the Slytherin simply shrugged a shoulder, "I guess." It had been interesting to watch, but he wouldn't really say he felt it was intense. Though, he did recall the American school keeper. "Don't know. I'm not a mind reader," he didn't really have much of an opinion on it. The only thing he thought was the American boy clearly had some issues.

Charlie could tell that Rhys wasn't really as into the game as he had been, so he let it drop with a small smile. "I have to admit, I'm curious," Charlie turned back to his article. "With Blake Irons graduating this year, I wonder which team will go against the foreign team next year," he mused lightly. He looked back up to Rhys. "Which article are you writing?" He asked, not recalling what the other boy had chosen.

It was a little interesting to think about the quidditch the next year and who would end up winning now that Blake was graduating. My bets are on Ravenclaw," he offered quietly, "They have the most experienced seeker now." Followed by Gryffindor. Slytherin and Hufflepuff would have to try and get into things with a brand new seeker. "I'm not," he offered with a small shrug, "I wanted to focus on my exams."

Charlie considered what Rhys was saying. "Perhaps, unless another natural talent pops up like Irons did," he mused. "Slytherin seems to draw them in. There was a pretty exceptional beater in Slytherin, I hear he had Irons as a protégé. Maybe there will be another Slytherin to wow us," he smiled at Rhys. "Do you want to start coming to Quidditch games with me?" He asked, curious.

"The seeker for Slytherin next year is probably going to be Right, and I don't know how much of a natural talent he is," Rhys had only seen him play in one game and it was the one against Ilvermorny. And he had managed to get knocked out by a bludger as well. But then Charlie asked if he wanted to go to Quidditch games together and Rhys frowned slightly. "Why?"

Charlie nodded. That was right, if Ruben tried out for practices next year he was the most likely to get the spot. He wondered who would replace Elliot as the Hufflepuff Seeker. He blinked as Rhys asked him why, blushing slightly. "Oh, um... I just thought, you know, we could try to be friends," he explained quietly. "We're both on the monthly and all," he gave Rhys a shy smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back