OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It was much to nice of an afternoon to be cooped up inside the dull castle of Hogwarts New Zealand so Kat grabbed a blanket and a book and headed out to her new favorite spot...the cliffs. It was supposed to be off limits to students, but she figured it was safer being here than in the forbidden forest so she'd risk it. The breeze blowing across the grassy ledge was absolutely perfect as Kat spread her big blanket across the soft ground. She was glad she'd worn shorts and a tank so that she could get some sun on her now sickly thin features. Maybe I won't look like such a lard ass if I get a little color to me...probably not, but it won't hurt Kat thought as she spread out on her blanket with her book and read for a while.

After about an hour or so she became bored with reading and flipped over onto her back, her hands tucked behind her head. The bright blue sky was touched with fluffs of white clouds and Kat laughed to herself. She remembered playing the cloud shapes game with her sister when they were little. Without thinking she started naming off shapes out loud, "House elf. Dragon. Salamander."

It was a beautiful day outside. Kiera had decided to go for a run. She had to stay in shape if she wanted any chance at the competitions this summer. She was dressed in soffee shorts, a purple workout tank, and her Nike running shoes. She jogged her way down from the castle to the lawn, then around the lake. Quite a few people were out and about. Kiera waved and smiled to everyone she went by. Finally she headed to the cliffs. Once she made it there, she slowed to a walk. Kiera grinned as she saw her roommate laying out on the grass. She walked over to her. "Hey Kat!" she called cheerfully. She realized she must look disgusting. She had worked herself up a little sweat. Kiera hoped her friend wouldnt care about her appearence when Kat looked so nice.

Kat covered her eyes, blocking the sun and looked up to see who was talking to her. "Hey Kiera! Out for a run I see," she stated, a bit green with envy at how perfect her friends body seemed to be. Merlin I'd kill to look like that, but no I have to be a gluttonous pig and turned out like the porker I am she thought bitterly, irritated with herself more than anything. Kat tried to shake that from her head so that it wouldn't show in her demeanor. Still laying down on the blanket she scooted over just a bit and patted the ground beside her. "Cloud watching...wanna join me? It's kind of lame, but it's fun," she said with a slight chuckle.

Kiera grinned as her friend told her what she was doing. Cloud watching had been her favorite thing when she was younger. "I would love to join you. Im exhausted. But I have to stay in somewhat shape for my competitions." she said with a shrug. Personally, she had never cared much about her looks. Kiera looked carefully at her friend. She was looking sickly. Kiera hoped her friend wasnt coming down with anything right before the Yule ball. "So what shapes have you seen so far?" she asked as she laid down on the blanket.

Kat looked back up at the sky and replied, "I've seen a house elf, a dragon, and a salamander. I used to love playing this game when I was little." She continued to look for shapes in the clouds and asked, "You see any?" It was so nice and peaceful out today and Kat was simply enjoying the sunshine.

"So have you got your dress picked out for the Yule Ball?" she asked curiously, wondering what her roommates were going to be wearing to the event.

Kiera looked up at the clouds. She grinned as she saw one that resembled her cat. "Oh look that one looks like a kitty cat!" she said laughing. Kiera had grown up in a muggle home and typically saw muggle shapes in the clouds. She wasnt too well informed on wizarding animals.

Kiera frowned as Kat asked her what she intended to wear to the Yule Ball. "To be honest, I have no clue. I need to go shopping." she admitted but not knowing when she would have the time. "What are you planning on wearing?" she asked curiously.

It took Kat a minute to realize that Kiera was saying that the cloud resembled a kitty cat and that she wasn't using the worst nickname ever. "Oh it does. Oh goodness that one looks like a blast ended skrewt," she said laughing just a little bit. It was nice to be able to spend time outside of the dorm with Kiera.

"Mum bought mine for me again this year. I've just gotten to where I let her pick out whatever and I wear it. She's really good at getting things that will look good on me," Kat said when asked about what she was wearing to the dance. "You going with anyone?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back