Closed Eyes

Josh Windchester

Josh hadn't really gotten to know many people since he arrival at Hogwarts. Emme had been on his back the whole time telling him to try harder in classes, stressing to get all straight O's. Though Josh wasn't that type of boy. He had never cared about classes, never really wanted to be seen as the nerd. Though Emmeline of course wanted him to be that person. Such a Ravenclaw she is Josh thought thinking about his sister. Sure he loved her but she was getting on his nerves.

Though his ravenclaw sister really got on his nerves just days before. Bumping into Josh she explained how she had to spend more time with her gryffindor boyfriend and less time with her gryffindor brother. This news should have excited Josh but instead it annoyed him to no limit. Yes he wanted a break from the family and needed to branch out gaining friends, but it was the fact that Emme was spending all her time with a boy.

Josh was a year younger than his sister yet he felt like he had a responsibility to protect her. That meant no boys. "She's too young to date anyway" He muttered to himself as he sat down his eyes focusing on the cliffs ahead of him. A small sigh escaped his lips as he tried to completely clear his mind, sadly it was rather unsucessful.

Neita was casually wondering around the cliffs, when saw a first year she hadnt met before. She kept quiet for a moment her shyness overcoming her. 'she's too young to date anyway' she heard him mutter quietly she giggled silently, this boy has the right view, she thought everyone here dates really young. She built up her courage and moved closer "Hi," she said nervously "Can I join you?"

Josh wished he could close his eyes and forget what thoughts were seemingly swirling through his mind. Yet it seemed hopeless. Josh was never the type of person that could just push thoughts away. His father had said this was a good thing. His mother tried to teach him how to ignore thoughts and push them aside. Just another example of how different his parents were. How much better they were now that they were separated. After two years Josh had let go of that grunge understanding that not everyone stayed together.

His thoughts were intrupted by a girls' voice. Not Emme's and not one that Josh had heard before. Turning his head he noticed an older girl. Giving her a smile he nodded his head. "I don't mind at all. I'd love some company" He said patting the ground beside him. Had the girl heard what he had muttered about moments before? If she had she wouldn't be here. For it was a rather random thing to mutter Josh thought as his eyes focused on the view in front of him for a moment. "I'm Josh by the way" He added glancing over at the girl.

[sorry!! :( completly forgot about this]

Neita grinned as the younger boy told her he'd love company, she moved and sat down on the ground beside him, wondering exactly what is was that was troubling this boy. She smiled at him "Im Neita" she said in a friendly tone. She turned her gaze out onto the cliff before them, "What brings you out here?" she asked him.

Josh looked over at the view that the cliffs held. Even though he was holding a conversation with the girl he felt no need to stare at her through the whole conversation. Usually always direct eye contact made someone feel arkward and odd. Something that Josh certainly didn't want to do at this time. "Nice to meet you Neita" Josh said smiling at the name. It was different. Something he hadn't heard many times in his previous meetings. No one else at Hogwarts seemed to have that name at least. The meaning of the name escaped him though he like it pass. This Gryffindor guy nearly knew more name meanings than anyone he knew back in Scotland or here in New Zealand.

Her question took little thought to come up with the answer. "Just thought I'd get a bit of fresh air" He said not finding the need to go into the conversation about Emme and Blake. Poor Neita didn't need to be bored with that type of conversation. Anyway Josh would be over it soon enough. "What brings you out here?" He asked the question in return.

Neita smiled at him as he said nice to meet you. She turned her focus back to the cliffs as he asked what brought her to the cliffs she smiled "Wanted the fresh air, needed to get out of my dorm and was hoping to work on my people skills" she said with a giggle "Im not normally very outgoing" she explained quessing the boy was either ravenclaw or gryffindor. She bit her lip "And was trying to get away from slytherins" she said with a chuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back