Click, click, boom

Morrigan Graves

OOC First Name
Ana,nana
Wand
Oak 14 3/4 Essence of Raven Feather
Not for the first time, Morrigan wondered if she shouldn't change the color of the streaks in her hair. Then again, she didn't see many with blue streaks in their hair nor with "nose piercings! Mom you have to understand that they are not all the rage at school or any where else so that's why I want to get my nose pierced please mom please!" She had asked over holiday only to get a flat and straight no. Morrigan was not giving up. She would just have to hide what she did when she got home. For now Morrigan took comfort in the fact that she was the only one that streaked her hair blue and the only one that colored her nails two different colors.

She was also the only one that did her homework in the corridors. There was no other reason that most other places where highly populated and she hated hanging out where most people hung out. She even suggested to some of her friends to start taking drinks at the Hog's Head instead of the Three Broomsticks because it was more unique. Morrigan was sitting in a corner of the corridor beside a statue with her collapsible headphones around her ears and getting a jump on that semester's work. She didn't have class until Wednesday which upset her somewhat.

Gwen was starting to fell really lonely. It had been months since she had seen any of her siblings. She had been so busy with her classwork and just locked away in her common room. Deciding that enough was enough Gwen left the common room and headed to the sixth floor where she knew Morrigan always hung out. Pulling her hair up into a messy pony tail. Gwen stopped to look in the mirror deciding that she needed to get a new earring for her industrial. Gwen grabbed her school bag and ran to the sixth floor.

Once she made it there Gwen stopped to scan the area. Seeing her sister Gwen ran over to her and sit down next to her so closer she was almost on her lap. Removing one of the headphones she poked her sister. "Long time no see." Gwen said putting the earpiece to the side. She had tried to seem interested in what her sister listened to but it all just sounded like noise to her.

If it had not been for the fact that Gwen didn't streak her hair Morrigan would have thought that she had been looking for a mirror. This was not a mirror but in fact her own quadruplet. Not that anyone would know that the other two where related to her. Where Morrigan and Gwen had red hair, Arthur and Morgues had dark haired. That and Arthur was a boy. Morrigan would have been happy with this arrangement if it weren't for the fact that their parents kept messing up her's and Gwen's names before Morrigan had started putting streaks in her hair. Morrigan suspected that this was also why Gwen had an industrial in her ear. "I know right? Seems like you've gotten over your agoraphobia finally." Morrigan said smirking slightly.

Gwen was the sweetest of the four making her Morgues' easiest bulling target while Morrigan had made arguing with her eldest sister into an art form. "I can't believe our parents wouldn't let me get a nose piercing when they let you get that tube in your ear. Not as bed as Arthur asking. Mum would have let him turn himself into a pin cusion." She said rolling her eyes. She put her quill to the margin of her book to put in her own notes to the text. When she was really bored Morrigan liked to do her own research on the subjects and correct the texts. Sometimes though some of what she believed was real would make since on the Quibbler.

Gwen liked being a twin while being a quadruplet but sometimes it felt like she would never be able to stand out and be her own person. It was annoying sometimes but Gwen and Morrigan and found ways of standing out. Morrigan with her hair and Gwen with her piercings. She only had the one industrial but she would soon have the other one done as well. "So not my fault you know how I am with archaeology. I found a whole section on wizard archaeology and I have been busy." Gwen said already thinking about all the books she had still yet to read. Just thinking about it made Gwen want to get up and head back to the library and start reading once more.

Gwen showed a cheeky little grin. "I didn't go to mom. I went to dad while mom was talking to the president." Gwen said without much thought. Morrigan should know better than her how caught up her parents where in protecting the muggle president. Gwen admired them but she wanted something more than that for herself. She loved the muggle world but the wizarding world was where she belonged. Gwen looked at what her sister was doing and smiled. "I'm scared of Professor Styx. I tried to answer a question in class but I just couldn't get myself to speak." Gwen said looking down at her hands.

Morrigan rolled her eyes again. Mother and Father where strictest on her for some reason and she didn't think it was fair. Then again she had been known to burn living rooms, make explosives in the kitchen and use portable swamps whenever she got the chance. It wouldn't mattered how she asked all that would matter would be when she showed up home with a diamond in her nose, or maybe an amethyst she had always liked purple. "Ick well at least it wasn't like the Egypt episode. We couldn't get you out of your room for months." She said without taking her eyes out of her books.

When Gwen said that she was scared of Professor Styx Morrigan shot her a look. "You live with Arthur and Morgues and you find Professor Styx scary?" Morrigan was smart and she was a bit of a riot girl though she wasn't getting into anything right now because her house was actually in the running. Second to Gryffendor of course. "Just open your mouth and say something Gwen. Ether your right or your wrong. I If your wrong then you get a chance to do the research and get it right. It's all part of the fun." She siad with a large grin on her face. Morrigan liked to learn most of all but there was something else that she loved even more. "Shame it's not like at home. I would love a good old fashioned mystery even if it's just finding an escaped frog." She sighed.

"One of these days your eyes are going to get stuck mid roll and your going to look really silly." Gwen said wisely. She knew that it wasn't possible but she thought the idea of it happening was very amusing. Hearing Morrigan mention Egypt Gwen clapped her hands. "I think next time we go home I am going to watch them again. There might be a thing or two I haven't memorized." Gwen said aloud remembering just how happy she had been when her parents had given her the shows. They found it strange that she was so interested in ancient cultures and such but with all of there children they supported them.

Gwen shook her red hair to cover her face. She hated the look Morrigan got on her face. "I can't help it. He's the Slytherin head and house and he reminds me of a vampire." Gwen thought about what she said and looked at her sister in shook. "Do you think that Professor Styx could really be a vampire? It would make sense why we never see him outside during the day." Gwen said pulling out a piece of parchment to jot down her thought so she could go back to it later. Hearing Morrigan mention there old part time hobby Gwen smiled. "I think your the one that set that frog free but it was fun running around the White House looking for it." Deciding that she would do her best to try and spend more time with her older sister. Gwen looked over her shoulder one last time before pulling out a history book getting ready to lose herself in it.

Morrigan looked up at the thought. Could Professor Styx be a vampire?What Gwen said did make since. They never did see the DADA professor out through most of the day or at all for that matter. Would the heads of Hogwarts really put children in the path of a natural killer? Not to say that it would be entirely the professor's fault. Vampires where like werewolves during the full moon. They couldn't help themselves. "Still doesn't mean that you should be scared of him. I mean if anything he would be Uncle Mur on a bad day." She said remembering the man and how he could be kind of touchy when in a bad mood. Morrigan had learned about fearlessness from him or at least not showing any fear.

Morrigan wasn't about to mention what would happen if she locked herself in her room again. She didn't have anything against her siblings persay but she found the other two so tiresome at times. Only Gwen shared her gift it seemed. "Did not. It's not my fault the presidential children couldn't have a good grip on their pets. Ended up that the thing was trying to get to it's spawning grounds and we got awarded for special services to the States. Like we wanted it in the first place. I for one was bored and the fact that the frog was gone seemingly without a trace sparked my intreast. I can't wait until we're old enough to investigate murders." Morrigan sighed.

She had been sneaking case files from their parents for a bit now and there was nothing more that Morrigan wanted now than to get involved. Some of the files set her brain buzzing with the information she already knew and what she could learn. Unfortunately they weren't allowed anywhere near a dead body yet. Something about 'childhood sensibilities'

Gwen wondered if any other student felt the same way. She wanted to start poking around and asking but she didn't want to get caught and risk losing house points for Gryffindor. "Morrigan you know you want to help me with this. Come on it will be first mystery we have worked on together since we have gotten to Hogwarts." Gwen said as if she really wasn't thinking about it. She knew that Morrigan couldn't resist a good mystery and this could be a really good one no matter the results. "Uncle Mur scared me more than Morgues ever could."

Gwen knew that Morrigan hated it when she locked herself into her room. No one did just for the simple fact that out of everyone Gwen was the sweetheart and did her best to make everyone feel better. "I still think that you let it out. The cage was sealed tight until they showed it to you. As for the award you remember how proud mom and dad where of us. After me breaking into the oval office just to see if there was any artifacts." There hadn't been any artifacts but it was proven once and for all that the Secret Service was in fact good at there job very good as a matter of fact.

Morrigan sighed. Her sister seemed to be the only one that could see though any film of lies that Morrigan spun. She had in fact set the frog loose but the fact that it had gone that far out and only they could find it had been another thing all together. Morrigan tilted her head to one side than the other. Proving that Professor Styx was in fact a blood sucking fiend could prove and interesting use of her time. Better than doing the rudemetry crap they called Homework anyway. Morrigan smiled up at Gwen. Her sister tended to be a right ray of sunshine when she wanted to be. Then again they where always had that Ying and Yang affect.

Morrigan folded up her own potions book and got up. "There are a few things that I think we can try to prove our theory. You can look up old records of creatures at the original Hogwarts while I can look up some potions or some other things that we can try." Morrigan said nodding. "Pufft. Uncle Mur is a powder puff when you get to know him. He just has, hard edges." She said tossing at a blue lock of hair. Morrigan had gotten somewhat closer to the man but that was only because he saw the making of a spy in her. Morrigan liked showing intelligence in a more public way.

Gwen saw the look on her sisters face and knew that she was right. "I'm not going to say I told you so but I knew it I just did." Gwen said joyfully. It didn't take much to make her happy it was just a gift. Gwen could almost see the wheels in Morrigan's head turning as she started thinking about how they could go about solving the mystery of Professor Styx being a vampire or not. Gwen reached in her bag and pulled out her empty hand in disbelief. How could she run out of candy? That was unheard of.

As Morrigan started to lay out the plan Gwen smiled. "I can do that I was heading back to the library anyways." Gwen didn't want to tell her sister but there had just been a new shipment of books in about Rome and she was dying to get her hands on them. "You have fun with that. He doesn't really like me. Something about me always having my nose in a book." Gwen said as if she didn't care but the truth of the matter was that she did care and it hurt her feelings.

Morrigan groaned softly. Gwen never stopped making Morrigan want the be a single child and at the same time know that she would miss her if anything where ever to happen. Morrigan saw that Gwen was searching for something in her pocket and smiled softly. "Missing something?" Morrigan said as she held out a bag of candies from her pockets. "Honestly Gwen if you're going to continue being such a sunny boots you might want to keep me from seeing where you keep your sweets." She said with a smirk on her face.

Morrigan cared very little if anyone's feelings where hurt or not. She wasn't exactly cold but she just didn't why people had to care when feeling really didn't do anyone any good. Morrigan could be happy and sad but it was just in different ways than most people. "For now the game, my sweet twin, is on!" She said cried nearly skipping down the hall.

"Sorry sis." Gwen said when she heard her sister groan. It was hard having so many siblings so close in age but it was even worse when one of them was your younger twin and was as different from you as night and day. Gwen really did try to not be annoying but at times she just couldn't help herself. As she had gotten older she had tried to tone it down but it was hard sometimes. Seeing Morrigan pull out her candy Gwen grabbed it and glared at her sister. "Hands off my gummy peaches women." Gwen said putting two in her mouth and the rest safely in her pocket.

Gwen watched as Morrigan started skipping down the hall after informing her that the game was in fact on. Getting to her feet Gwen picked up her bag and started to head down the hall back to Gryffindor common room. "Yes the Graves sisters are back in business." Gwen said in a singsong voice as she kept walking away already planning her attack on the library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back