Clearing the mind...

Faith Lovelight

Wand
Yew Wand 13 ½" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Faith hadn't been able to sleep the past few nights, this sudden change in life style may be a little to much for her to handle. She sighed as she tossed and turned in her bed, she looked at her watch, it was almost dawn, she had always wanted to see what it was like outside at dawn, as she had never been up that early in the past. She quietly got out of bed and got changed into her uniform so she could just go straight to class. She then exited the dormitory, and walked up the spiraling north tower stairs till she reached a small 'trap door' like door and pushed it up, unlocking it. She marveled at the beauty of the view from up there, it was so gorgeous.

She grabbed a chair from one of the stacks on the edge, where the teachers would use them for detentions, she sat down and watched as the sun rose from it's 'hiding place', it was just so peaceful and calm, she twitters and chirps of birds filled the sky. She could see the mountains in the distance and the tree's of the Forbidden Forest swaying in the morning breeze, it was almost perfect. She cleared her throat and stood up, she walked over to the edge, she always wanted to see what it looks like from all the way up there, she peeped over. "Wow thats a long way down" she whispered to herself, gulping. She quickly walked back to her chair, watching as the dawn began.

Something wasn't right. And Scorpius couldn't quite figure out what it was. He had his girlfriend and even though their relationship was always rocky, things were good for the most part. He had his friends, but he seemed distant from them in a way. He'd heard about Jenna's brother being extremely ill but didn't have the guts to face her. What should he say? Something like that had never happened to him before so he didn't know how to react.

Scorpius arose from his bed a lot earlier than the rest of his roommates and got dressed in his Ravenclaw uniform. It was hours before his first class of the day but he didn't feel like changing into casual wear now just to have to change in a bit. After he was dressed he left the eerily quiet common room and took off in the direction of the North tower. He ruffled his messy hair in an attempt to get rid of 'bed head' but there wasn't much of a difference. He felt the cold weather on his neck and smiled as he welcomed it. He was used to the cold, being from Ireland, so he felt his white polo button up shirt would suffice to keep himself warm.

Scorpius climbed the steps, not really knowing why he was heading towards the North tower but he had no place else to be so he didn't object with himself. His cold grey eyes scanned the area, taking in the scenery, before finally resting them on another girl there. He was surprised to find that he wasn't the only one awake at this hour. He took a few steps forward before softly clearing his throat. "I see I'm not the only one awake at this hour," he voiced his thoughts calmly, his Irish accent hitting hard against the soothing sounds of the wind.

Faith was just about to get relaxed, when suddenly she heard someone, she sat up thinking it was a professor, brushing herself down. "Oh hey, yeah erm hi, I guess so" she stuttered. "So, do you want to sit down?" she asked, pointing to a chair at the edge of the tower.

"Sure," he replied simply as he made his way over to the seat she offered. Once he sat down he looked over at the view and smiled. He looked back at her and said, "I'm Scorpius Knight, better known as Knight, who are you?" he asked, his tone light and friendly. She knew he was a Ravenclaw from the uniform he was currently wearing.

Faith smiled at Scorpius "Faith, Faith Lovelight" she grinned. "It's beautiful isn't it?" she sighed, there wasn't many days like this, where you could go to the North Tower and meet someone at the break of dawn.

"Nice to meet you Faith," he replied with a smile on. When she mentioned the view, he looked back over at it and said, "Yes it is." He had never really woken up early enough to notice it. "Do you do this often? Wake up early and admire the view?" he asked with an amused tone.

"I guess I do" she giggled, she must of sounded so sad right then, it wasn't like she hadn't got anything better to do, she was just so connected with nature, it was strange. "What about you, do you normally come here?"

Scorpius chuckled at her response but shook his head no when she asked him in return. "No today I just happened to wake up early. I don't know why either because lately I've been getting little to no sleep," he said before ruffling his hair. He was sure that his lack of sleep was something Faith didn't need to know but he just shrugged it off.

"I know the feeling" she sighed, remembering the time when she literally got no sleep in a week. "So how's life treating you?" she asked, she knew how it was treating her, terrible at the moment, but she was looking forward to the reply that Scorpius was about to give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back