Christmas Flight.

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian was excited to find that Christmas had finally come, he decided to celebrate his first Christmas at Hogwarts by flying on his broomstick after the Snitch, Professor Ana gave him, he let go the snitch and after casting the 'Depulso' Spell watched as the snitch flew away.

He hopped onto his Firebolt and leapt off the ground after the small orb flying in the cool air as he did so.

Andromeda had no intention of flying that day, she would love to of course which is the reason she had left the castle to walk down to the quidditch pitch. Her outdoor robes were pulled tight about her, it wasn't awfully cold but she felt the slightest breeze and chill today. Her skin was almost pastey grey in colour not as bad as it had been the month before and she certainly wasn't as weak either which she put down to the food supply available to her this time around. What was most different this time was the small few strands of her hair that were now grey in colour. Distinguished, her uncle had said. Andromeda had merely scoffed, mortified that at 11 yrs of age she had grey hair.

Andromeda had intended to meet up with Zuka and Brian at some point, she had given Zuka her gifts already and had Brian's with her so that she wouldn't have to go all the way back up to the 7th floor again. As she walked out onto the pitch she saw she wasn't alone. Andromeda smiled when she recognised it was Brian. He had improved greatly in his flying, she felt a sudden surge of pride for him. Remembering how fearful he was of it in the beginning. She stood and watched, waiting to see if he would spot her so she wouldn't have to disturb him by calling out.

The snitch was fast but unfortunately having already been caught, it wasn't going to be much of a challenge. Flying was fun especially on a holliday Brian thought as he gained more and more speed on the Golden Snitch. Soon it would be withing his grasps, as it dove trying it's best to avoid his capture. Brian enjoyed the thought of capturing the snitch once more as he got closer and closer.

He could tell that the practice sessions with Professor Ana had really been helping him out as he was merely an inch away from his target, with one last burst of speed he felt the small bit of metal hit his palm. He'd caught the already caught snitch, and even though it wasn't acting completely like a free snitch he was glad to have caught it all the same.

Brian saw Andromeda and decided to fly over towards her "what's up!" he called getting closer to her while still flying on his trust Firebolt.

"Well Happy Christmas to you too" she smiled as he hovered on his broom. "Good catch, you were great up there".

She wasn't being biased or anything because he was her bestfriend, she meant it simple as that.

Brian smiled "Merry Christmas" Brian said as she complimented him "it wasn't that great, the snitch has already been caught by me so it doesn't try as hard as it should to get away, you have to catch it with gloves on in order to reuse the snitch, this one's just a trophy now" Brian said looking at the snitch, it had been far too easy to catch.

Andromeda smiled at him.
"So why don't you wear gloves in future?" she asked him, she took a gift bag out from behind her back at held it out to him.
"Again... Happy Christmas" she smiled.

The bag contained three neatly wrapped packages. Andromeda had put a lot of thought into what gifts to buy her best friend and she really hoped he would like them. One gift was narrow enough in width but also long enough in length so that anyone looking at it would hazard to guess it was a book or books, infact Andromeda had gotten him two books;
Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard and Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes. Being a Ravenclaw she had thought that Brian mind appreciate these books a lot. The second gift was a cleaning kit, not just any cleaning kit but one for his new broom but the difference was that this one had his name embroidered in navy across the top of the casing. The third and last gift she had gotten for him and which she thought brilliant herself was a wooden box. The box was of a deep oak and just above the clasp Brian’s name had been engraved in gold. The gift itself was not the box but what the box contained for when it was opened, inside snuggled tightly in the brown satin material was a golden snitch and on this golden snitch was a name. A name true she had called him once in temper but his full name would not fit onto the snitch, so she had asked to have Brigeta engraved onto one side of the snitch. If he were to be Ravenclaw seeker, he would need his very own snitch after all.

Andromeda waited for him to take the gift bag.

"well I plan to!" Brian said smiling as he hopped off his broomstick. Brian noticed the gift bag but didn't accept it yet, "Hold on!" Brian said hopping back onto his broom "I'll be right back just wait here!" Brian said as he flew away from the pitch towards the Ravenclaw Commonroom, normally he wouldn't try flying up in the towers but since it was the hollidays and there were alot less people wandering around Brian felt it safe enough to try it, not to mention it was fun doing it.

He sadi the password and ran up to his room grabbing Andromeda's presents, he was sure she'd like them since she was Irish and they were all Irish related,

He flew back down towards her with her presents all nicely wrapped in red wrapping paper.

Photo17.jpg

Andromeda felt like a prized chump standing there with the gift bag held out as Brian flew off on his broom and in the direction of the school. She looked down at the bag wondering if she had said something to tick him off but knew she couldn't have. He did say he'd be back and to wait. She smiled shaking her head and swung the gift bag gently beside her as she waited for him to return.

"I'm back!" Brian called down as he landed in front of her with the presents in hand "okay we can exchange them properly now!" Brian said smiling

Brian took the bag and handed her the presents he had.

"ready to open the presents?" Brian asked tantively feeling a bit excited "or maybe we should invite Zazuka to open them with us?" Brian asked.

Andromeda took the presents he offered her and said thank you. Then laughed even louder when he said that they should wait for Zuka.
"I gave her her presents the other day, thinking she'd put them under the tree in the commonroom until today... nope, she ripped one open. The excitement was too much I guess. If you don't mind, I'm going to open mine now" she looked at the lovely wrapping and looked up at him incredulously, "Did you wrap these by yourself? Pretty good".

Very good infact, her gifts were reinforced with as much sticky tape as was legal on one present. Gift wrapping definitly wasn't her strong point.

Andromeda sat down on the grass which was thankfully dry, she crossed her legs and placed the packages in her lap. There seemed to be quite a lot of them. She opened the first one and smiled up at him. The earrings were lovely, in an old celtic design as well.
"Brian they're great" she smiled holding them up briefly to her ears and thinking to herself that she would definitly need to get her ears pierced now.
She opened the next gift and was amazed once again by the thought that had gone into it. There was a beautiful necklace with matching earrings in a more square celtic style this time. She felt she would never be homesick again at this rate.
"Brian thank you. You shouldn't have though" she smiled at him again.

The next gift was heavier, so she took her time opening it. It was a book, the Celtic Book of Celts by Robert Langley. She had seen a copy of this ages ago and had loved the artistic detail of the illustrations, the sayings and proverbs that were all but lost now. She couldn’t even look at Brian at that moment, her eyes had begun to well up with tears. Instead she mumbled a shaky thank you as she clasped the book to her.

Realising then that there was one more gift left, she gave her eyes a quick wipe and carefully lowering the book onto the torn paper she opened the last gift. It was a arm cuff with intricate celtic swirls and designs engraved on it. Andromeda loved it and slid it onto her arm straight away. Quickly she stood up taking care not to drop anything but to place them all carefully on the ground. She hugged Brian. Releasing him she smiled before retrieving her gifts once more.

“I love them all. Really. Thanks Brian”.

Brian was left blushing quite a bit when Andromeda hugged him, he was glad to see that she liked the gifts. Turning he sat down and began to open his own presents wondering what they could be.

Brian opened the presents that were obviously books, he was excited to see that they were interesting Magical books that would help him learn more about spells and other enchantments "thanks alot Andromeda!" Brian said looking over the first few pages of both books forgetting that there had been other presents beside him, looking over he picked up a rather lumpy looking package.

It was a broom cleaning kit, "thanks I'm gonna use this right away and my Firebolt will be nice and shiny in no time flat" Brian said looking over each peice of the kit excited to see how usefull the presents she had gotten him were.

The final present was a large one that was shaped like a box, Brian unwrapped it and was a bit shocked to see that it was a box with his name engraved on it, giving Andy a look of mild surprised he opened it up to see a new Golden Snitch laying in the box with the name

'Brigeta' on it, Andy could never know what that name meant and how much such a gift could ever mean to him.

"thank you alot Andy" was the only words Brian could get out of his mouth as he hugged her smiling at the presents they had gotten each other and how much they had bothed liked what each other had given.

Now it was Andromeda's turn to blush when Brian hugged her. He wasn't known for his bursts of physical affection, so she clocked that up as another Christmas gift.

"I'm glad you like them" she smiled, "Did you want to head back to the castle or are you going to try out your new snitch? Probably best waiting until you have gloves on".

For all things considered, this was turning out to be a pretty great Christmas.

Beaming Brian looked at her "yeah let's head back to the School" Brian said as he picked up his items.

((Sorry edited my Bio to include alot more XD))

"Don't even think of suggesting a race especially as you have your firebolt with you" she smiled as she began to head off the pitch. Andromeda double checked her pockets to make sure she had everything, she flicked through the pages of the book as she walked. She loved it, she really did. It had only ever been her grandmother who had bought her books before but this year even her mother had surprised her with a stack of quidditch books and now this one from Brian.

[[saw it - really good. couldn't open my card to safe my life]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back