Kiara Thompson

perfectionist • growing • princess of plants 🌿

Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Kiara had been excited about going to hogwarts for a while, but now that she was actually here she found herself a little overwhelmed by the amount of students running around the school. She knew she was never alone, that she would always have her family to fall back on, yet her brother pushing her to make friends before school started to make sense now. He knew her. Knew she'd probably feel slightly uncomfortable being around so many strangers. So he told her to try and befriend some kids before school started so that she'd already knew some faces. Perhaps Zay was smarter than she often gave him credit for. Her brother and cousins had also told her that the student lounge was a great place to meet new people or hang out with kids from other houses. So, here she was. Quietly shuffling into the student lounge and subconsciously looking around at the faces to see if she recognized any. And she did. Making her past a few students Kiara sat down on a chair across from the other girl, giving her a shy smile. "Abby, hi!" She greeted, not even acting as if she hadn't remembered the other girls name. She had made sure to.

It had been a slow start of school, which Abby didn't mind. Though she did feel a bit lonely. Sure, she had met a few people before school started, but they had ended up being in a different house from her. The new Gryffindor had decided to make her way to the student lounge to keep her busy. She brought her usual art supplies with her, like her notebook, sketch and coloured pencils. She knew there was an art room somewhere, but she was worried she'd get lost on the way there. The girl sat in one of the comfy chairs, only a few students had been around. She didn't know how long she had been there or how long she had been drawing for, as she then heard a familiar voice. Abby smiled excitedly when she saw the familiar face. "Hey Kiara," Abby said with a shy wave and excited smile. To be honest, she was glad that Kiara had remembered her. "How's your house? R-Ravenclaw, right?" Abby says, stuttering a little, trying to remember the name of Kiara's house. There were so many things that Abigail had to remember.

Kiara was relieved Abby had managed to remember her name as well. She wasn't the most outgoing person out there after all so she couldn't blame anyone for not remembering her. Although she had told Abby some things about Hogwarts so perhaps the other girl had made sure to remember. Just like she had. "Yeah, Ravenclaw!" Kiara nodded in response to Abby's question. "It's nice, I like it. Just a little disappointing there's no one I know.." She said with a small shrug, before eaferly returning the question to the other girl. "What about you? Do you like Gryffindor? My brother's there. And my cousin. Guess you're more like my family than I am." Kiara continued with a small giggle to show that she didn't actually mind. Sure, it would've been nice to have someone she already knew in her own house but she was confident she would be fine. She just had to push herself to make some more friends.

Abigail smiled proudly when she had gotten Kiara's house right. The Gryffindor was a bit overwhelmed with the whole school. There were so many things to learn and remember. The houses, where the classes were, there was just a lot. Abby nodded in agreement when Kiara had mentioned not having anyone you know in the same house as you. "Right? Same with me. I don't really know the people in my house either. It is a bit disappointing" Abby says with a nod. She was hoping that she would be with someone she knew, but her shyness had gotten the best of her and it had been a bit harder for her to make friends. Abby smiled when Kiara had returned the question about her house. "It's cool. It's a bit far from everything else, but I'm sure I'll manage. The Ravenclaw common room is in one of the towers right?" Abby asks, vaguely remembering where each of the common rooms was. "How many siblings and cousins do you have?" Abby asked curiously, a bit shy, tilting her head to the side a bit. She was a wee bit jealous at the fact that Kiara had family members around her when Abby didn't really have that experience at all.

Kiara nodded when Abby agreed it was a little disappointing not to know anyone in her own house yet. She was sure that wouldn't last long though, she just had to put a little extra effort into making some more friends. Surely she could do that. And Abby too. "Have you thought about possibly joining any clubs? Could be an easy way to make friends." She said with a small shrug, already planning on it herself. Surely, that would help her a little. "It is." Kiara smiled in response to Abby's question about the Ravenclaw common rooms. "Lots of stairs to climb." She added jokingly. Abby's next question didn't surprise her. She had asked each of the kids she had met who had mentioned they had family at the school the exact same thing. "Three cousins and then both of my brothers. One of my brothers is in your house, super loud, hard to miss." She explained with a soft giggle. "And then one of my older cousins is too. A little less loud, but just as hard to miss. She's the head girl." Kiara added, confident that either of them would happily help Abby out if she ever needed anyone to turn to within her own house.

Abby smiled when Kiara had asked about what clubs she'd be joining. "I think I might join the girl club, I forgot what it's called, and also the art club, I heard there's an art club. I might join the paper too, but I'm a bit unsure on that" Abby said, as she thought about the clubs she might be joining this year. She giggled a little as her friend had mentioned there being a lot of stairs to the Ravenclaw tower. Abby couldn't imagine climbing up and down those stairs all day, every day for the next seven years of her life. She nodded along when Kiara had explained about her family. "That's a lot," Abby says with a giggle. Again, Abby was a wee bit jealous at the fact that Kiara had a whole lot of family members with her at school, when she had none. "That's cool! I'll try and keep an eye out for them" Abby says with a giggle.

Kiara eagerly listened to Abby list the clubs she was considering becoming a part of. Her brother had told her there would be a club fair at the beginning of the year and she was excited for that to happen, get a better look at what the different clubs had to offer. She'd surely join the all girls one though, that was a no-brainer. "You like writing?" She asked curiously when Abby mentioned the paper. By now it was clear the other girl enjoyed drawing so she wondered what else she might like to do. Kiara let out a soft giggle when Abby responded to her telling her about her family. "You can always borrow them, if you'd like." She said in a joking manner, unsure if Abby had any family at the school. Although she did remember the girl asking her questions about it before about things she surely would've known if she did have any family here at the moment. "My cousin's definitely a good person to head up to if you need any help. My brother, he's.. fun? Keen on adventures."

Abigail nodded shyly when Kiara had asked if she had liked writing. "I do. But I'm not that great at it. How about you? What do you like to do?" Abby says with a small giggle and shrug. She wrote stuff from time to time, like stories and whatnot. But she knew she wasn't the best at it. The Gryffindor laughed a little as Kiara had joked about borrowing her family members. "Sure, I'd loved to borrow them," Abby says, as she joked back to her friend. She nods as Kiara explains a little more about her family members. "Is it nice having and experiencing Hogwarts with your family?"

Kiara smiled when Abby mentioned she liked writing, even if she said she wasn't that good at it. They were still young though and writing was a skill to be developed so she was sure Abby would improve in no time. Although it was hard to imagine the girl wasn't all that good at it. "I like to read, write a little too. I've been doing ballet as well but that's a bit hard at school." Kiara answered her question, thinking about it for a second. "Ooh, and I like gardening!" She added with a small smile. Not everything about it and it wasn't like she had loads of knowledge about it, but she knew enough to keep the small patch of garden she had claimed at home alive. "I think so?" Kiara replied when Abby asked about her family. "I mean I've been hearing stories about it for years so it's nice to finally be here. And good to know I always have somebody to turn to. My oldest two cousins will be graduating this year though so I guess it's nice we've got one year in which we're all here." Almost all of them, ofcourse, since her two oldest cousins had gone to completely different schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back