Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Elated to be with her small group of friends, Estrella made her way down to the kitchens with Katerina, Cyndi and Jaken. She had her mind set on a chocolate cake. If she was lucky there would be baking instructions somewhere. If they were incredibly lucky, a house elf could help them. Providing a house elf didn't kick them out of course. She hoped they wouldn't be too fussy about students using their kitchens.

She had never been sure if they were supposed to be down here or not, but really, could they even really be penalized for it? She decided not to care. They stepped through the swinging portrait. Her stomach grumbled audibly, signifying how hungry she was.

"So, where should we start?" she inquired cheerily, having not the slightest idea what ingredients she was supposed to use. The wizarding world had caused her to go soft.

Jaken followed the girls, feeling rather awkward being outnumbered. He dismissed it, for today was a special day. He had no idea whether students were allowed in the kitchens, and at Durmstrang, he had caused chaos in the kitchens before. He shrugged to himself. He heard Estrella inquire something, but Jaken had no idea how to cook cake. He never had to learn. He shrugged, "No idea."

Cyndi excitedly followed the others to the kitchen with the thought of chocolate cake on her mind. She stepped in through the swinging portrait and into the kitchen. It was her first time down here so she took a good look around the room.

For once, Cyndi was happy that her muggle mom had forced her to learn some cooking the normal way. At the time, she thought it was useless, but today it looked like it would come in handy. "We need to find a baking pan, some eggs, flour, butter and frosting" Cyndi said quickly, surprised at how easily she remembered all that. "I can't remember what else we need though."

She looked around the room, not seeing any of those things just lying around. She guessed they would have to look for it all, unless a house elf came to help them.

Katerina followed Estrella, Cyndi and Jaken to the kitchens - still a little apprehensive about the presence of the latter, but happy that he seemed to be a little more cordial towards her now than he ever had been at Durmstrang. Besides, it was a happy day.
"I think you have to put cocoa, or chocolate in it too," she stated quietly as Cyndi mentioned some ingrediants. "I think. That's what grand-mama did," she added. Her mother's mother had been big on cooking, especially treats. It was from her mother that Katerina had inherited her sweet-tooth.

Estrella listened to what her friends had to say, focusing on a couple of cupboards towards the back of the kitchen. Not sure whether to be glad or not that no house elves were in sight, she mosied over to them, pulling them open. "Hey, I found some flour," she called out, "But I am not seeing a refrigerator anywhere. Wait, do they use fridges in the wizarding world?" She could not remember for the life of her if Kale's mother when she had visited had used anything special. She looked to her friends, wondering if they knew where things could be kept cold. She grinned at them, quite excited that they were all here and planning to bake a cake. Hopefully, it would turn out alright.

Cyndi shrugged her shoulders in response to Estrella's question. Cyndi began to walk around the kitchen looking for a fridge or a house elf to help them. Surely, she had to find one somewhere around here. "Do you guys see anything?" Cyndi asked Katerina and Jaken, knowing that Estrella had already begun to search. She knew they would need more than just flour to cook that cake.

Jaken looked about, carefull not to bump into anyone. He opened one of the cabinets and smiled. He pulled out a blue bag, and peered inside. He shrugged, "I think this stuff is sugar." He looked clueless at the girls. What he wanted give to take lessons of cooking from his mother.

Estrella giggled a bit as Jaken pulled out a bag of sugar. "Yep, that's sugar," she laughed, knowing that salt did not usually come in such bags. The Ravenclaw girl continued to hunt for a refrigeration device, knowing well enough that things like eggs would not be able to keep at room temperature. She grinned at her friends. Continuing to forage through the cabinets, she pulled out a brown box. After popping the top she stuck her finger in, licking the little bit off with her tongue. Instantly sputtering at the bitter taste, she spat with a grimace, "That's cocoa alright. But unsweetened." Now she really needed to find a fridge to get this nasty taste out of her mouth.

Cyndi saw a box in a corner and when she checked it, she found some dusty pans. "Look guys...pans" Cyndi said as she held two of them up.

So far, they had many of the ingredients that they needed, though they still had not found the fridge. Cyndi was hopeful that they would come across it soon. The kitchen was large so it would take a while to search it.

Estrella moved around the counters, delighted to find a box that had a door on it. "Hey, look guys, it's an ice box," she chuckled, never having seen one besides in pictures. She pulled out a carton of eggs, waving them around. "What do we need besides these?"

((Should we just godmod Katerina? She's not gonna be here for a long period of time. :unsure: I don't think she'd care too much...))

Cyndi looked at everything they had found. Flour, Sugar, Pan, Cocoa, Eggs. "I think that's everything..." Cyndi said as she mentally went over the recipe. "No, we need butter too!" she called out to Estrella.

((sorry, I forgot about this :r: Yea, I guess we'd better mod her))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back