Chillin' With a New Friend

Roze Castro

OOC First Name
Sierra
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Roze inhaled deeply the second she stepped foot in the garden. She loved the smell of the flowers and nature in general. The outdoors had always been a big part of her life, and she planned to keep it that way.

Roze turned to Maddy.
"Introducing, the Hogwarts Garden!" She threw her hands up and spun in a circle, enjoying the cool spring air.

Upon arriving, Madlyn could see the outskirts of the garden already coming in view. Vines of many sorts of plants crawled around the entrance for those coming to visit and see. Some vines curled and bounce at the end towards them, a funny way of greeting the new comers. "Its....very pretty?" she chuckle seeing Roze spin around merrily in circles. "First time in a garden but I can tell some plants already off the bat...blame it on my father" she said admiring the plants that grew just not to jittery about colorful blossom all around them. "Some haven't began to sprout yet..." she took notice of a few of them align in patches of bed.

"First time in a garden? Really?" Roze asked Maddy in surprise.

"I only know the names of what we call them in our village." She said. The names of things in her village were usually much different than the common names around the world. Most of the plants and things were named by the villagers hundreds of years before when there was no contact to the outside world and a lot of creatures and plants hadn't been discovered, yet.

"So, you're father knows a lot about plants?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, if you count the woods a garden than this should be a piece of cake" she crouch on her knees staring into the patch, some flowers swaying almost in a way of greeting the half giant, others sort of stuff or might as well say hiding from the view of the enormous girl. "He knows trees, woods, plants, and creatures. Odd for someone who's in an auruor he pretty much knows nature" she adjusted her gaze momentarily at Roze before she went back to looking over the flower patch. "Most of its cause were part native american, like his history dates back when America first discovered. His people, the sioux's were a tribe up north Dakota--" Madlyn paused. "I like to hear more about you Roze? Seems like I've been talking more and your listening. Where are you from? Roze? That's very nice name but I don't hear it much back home" depending if she means the village in Island or the tribal land in North Dakota.

"Of course. The woods are just like a garden, except a little more random." Roze giggled. She loved the woods. Her attitude was typically "the more natural, the better."

"You're dad's an auror? That's cool! Well, it seems cool. I don't really know much about what all aurors do, though." Roze really didn't know much about aurors. She had never heard about them before Hogwarts because she was muggleborn, and she didn't really hear about them much here at school.

"Thanks," Roze said. She hadn't met many people with her name, and none spelled the same.

"I'm actually descended from natives myself." She said matter-of-factly. I'm from a tiny village in Colombia. It was left over from the natives, whom we call Las Taironas, which means sons of the tiger. Our 'official' name is Koguis, or jaguar," she animated with air quotes, "but we call ourselves Taironasitos, or Little Taironas because the culture in our village is much more like the original Taironas than the modern Koguis." She informed. "Because of this, we call our village El Nino de Tairona which, translated directly into English, means The Son of the Sons of the Tiger." She laughed every time she translated that. "Sometimes the translations end up sounding funny, especially when you're translating one language to another, then to another." Roze laughed again.

"Oh no, he's retired" Madlyn stood up laughing with Roze. "I forgot that he is but yeah he's retired. Now he typically study nature and the earth's constant change..." she picked up a banana flower. Or what she called them when she first got here. They are called banana flowers because of how the flower sprouts down curving into the banana shape, and how yellow it look too. "Oh wow! I had a feeling you looked native, Columbia? Small village" Madlyn exclaimed while she listen to Roze's tribe history. "But why are you here? Is this the closest school around?" Columbia, Madlyn figure was in south America? No yes, she couldn't remember if Roze had just said it or something. "This is great, I mean besides one girl who seemed native around school, your native too! Oh and there's the tribe here in New Zealand. Forgot what they called the natives. Moari? Yes that's what my mother had told me" Madlyn eyes brighten up. She was a girl of native history, its just their culture always struck her to be fascinating than the ones of Europeans. She had loads of books upstairs in her dorms about native, she read a few of them. Not that many though. "So your very fluent in Spanish than? Can you sing in Spanish too?"

Roze thought for a moment. Was this the closest school? "Hmm.. I don't know. I've never thought about it before. I was just so excited to get the letter that it never occurred to me how far away it really was. I wouldn't really know, though. I only know about the original Hogwarts. There could very well be others and I just don't know it." Roze smiled sadly at her muggle ignorance.

"I didn't know there were natives still here! That's cool. I'll have to study up on them." She loved learning about other cultures, especially the ones that have been around the longest and the native cultures of each area.

"Yes, I speak fluent Spanish, and I sing in Spanish, too. Our village has a lot of gatherings where we sing and dance, so I know a lot of native songs as well as popular songs." She finished smiling at memories of the festivities in her village.

"yeah, besides hogwarts Scotland which I originally wanted to go with my friend Stormy and Apple, theirs a school in France and some part of Europe that my father told me about a year ago. He says its like dark arts and the location probably in Romania. Besides that there's a few small ones in America. Which I'm from, family move to Ireland when I started to get to big.." she flushed embarrassed about the part of her history. It just wasn't all that bad when she knew her father was more giant than her. They just couldn't have two extremely tall natives in their village back home. Or the so called location in which her parents own a farm. "My friends would've love to have met you. They are fascinated by natives since they met me.." she laugh casually listening to Roze go into detailed about her native back home. "that's wicked, can't believe it, here I thought I be the only one." she smile playing with the petals of the banana plant. "You should really teach me a song? I won't be an easy student but I like to learn one!"

"Stormy and Apple? Those are such cool names! She hadn't ever met anyone with names like those before.

"Sure! Any requests?" She replied. She loved to teach people about music.

"anything from your native language of course. I would teach you one of my dad's song but its difficult for me to pronounce.."she shrug. Moving away from the banana looking flowers, Madlyn kept wandering farther into the garden. Her tall nature made her type to be adventurous and not fear anything that came by her way. Except small half breed known as Goblin, she wasn't afraid of them, just afraid she would step on them accidentally. "are you coming Roze? Let's see what else they have here?" Madlyn suggested an idea to her new found friend.

"Cool," She said. "Let me think of one." Roze wanted to pick just the right song to teach Maddy.

She followed as Madlyn walked deeper into the garden and looked at all the plants. There were a lot she knew from back home as well as a lot of new ones. It always excited her to see different, new types of flowers and other plants.

Roze walked up to one plant that caught her eye. She walked over to it with her eyes wide and her mouth open.

"Whoa..." She breathed.

Neomarica-caerulea-NewZealand.jpg
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
Oh flytrap?

Madlyn whizz around in place, almost in a fast motion except she had been close to falling. "I shall not do that again, the world spinning.." she spoke only to herself. "Roze?" Madlyn continue to move further along the high hedges of the garden, till she stop to see Roze wasn't trailing behind. "Find anything?" she called over the hedges, Madlyn shouting for Roze to hear.

OOCOut of Character:
I really have no idea... This site says it's a "Walking Iris." Site

Roze didn't notice Maddy calling her for a moment because she was too mesmerized by the beauty of the plant in front of her. "Oh, yeah! Over here! It's really cool! It's a... well.. I don't really know what it is, but it's really cool looking!" She yelled back to Maddy. Roze wondered if she had ever seen any plants like this before.

OOCOut of Character:
Weird, Iris is Madlyn's mother name. Just give it magical abilities :D

Madlyn detour around the hedges till she saw Roze come in view. Bending over observing something interesting, Madlyn walk over till she stop, looking down at Roze's finding. "That flower looks like a Venus fly trap, but I could be wrong!" Madlyn took in the radiant cool colors of its pedals. Very pretty indeed. A small fly started hovering about the Venus looking flytrap flower. "If it is, than that fly will be trap before it knows it.." the flytrap well known for its name.

"If it is, I've never seen one like this before!" She gazed at the flower as a fly hovered above it. Before she could reply to Madlyn's comment, a strange sort of pale light came from the center of the plant and enveloped the fly. It disappeared as quickly as it came, seemingly taking the fly with it and leaving a light puff of smoke where it had been. Roze's jaw dropped.

Madlyn stood staring the whole time the light appeared, than shift turning to small cloud of smoke. It as if the circle of life was briefly explain in that small amount of time that everything change at once, and the small fly was gone within the disappearing smoke. "That should explain everything. Wonder what property of the flower used in this school" she stared at it once, to see if it would do it again. The whole circle of life happening, but it didn't. Plus it was half of the cycle, not full. "Ever climb trees? Haven't knock them down in a while, so they must be strong here" she wander away from the weird looking flower. Its ability have gone and past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back