Chillaxin' by the lake

Siddalee Simon

OOC First Name
Hannah Banana
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Siddalee was sick of being inside, sick of being stressed and having to pretend to listen in class. The holidays had made her get out of rhythm — she wasn't used to structure and classes anymore. So, she decided to go chill by the lake, hoping that having some downtime would help her clear her mind and relax.

Once she was down there, she found a patch of sun, lay down and closed her eyes. She was learning to sing a new sing, and as she lay in the cold sun, she practised, although it was hard to sing lying down. As usual, she became absorbed in the music, and forgot where she was as she sang. She relaxed, forgetting classes and homework and schedules and everything but the music. All the muscles in her body relaxed and she smiled as she sang.

Casper was skipping his class for today, just as he always does. He was at the lakefront, standing still at the edge of the waters where, like it was just yesterday, it was only a big block of ice. It was finally spring. He was completely bored during the first season in which he stayed in Hogwarts. He missed his laptop so much. Pity electricity doesn't work around magic.

As the sun's rays came down when the cloud finally left the sun itself, Casper noticed the faint sound of someone singing. It came from a little farther away from the place he was standing. But close enough for him to find. It was a girl he saw a few times in the common room. Although Casper didn't really talk to her. He didn't talk too much to the older students. "Are you skipping classes too?" he asked the girl. When Casper was in the mood to socialize, he becomes really good at it.

Sidda had just finished her song when she heard someone talking to her. Opening her eyes, she saw one of the new Griffies standing over her. As she put up one hand to block the sun from her eyes, she said "No, I'm not. I don't have anything until later. I'm Siddalee by the way. Second year. A Griffy, but you knew that. Wanna sit down?" Sidda sat up and patted the grass beside her, indicating that he boy should sit down. She noticed him hesitate, and winked at him, giving him a dazzling, cheeky grin. "Come on, I don't bite."

Casper sat down with Siddalee and tried to enjoy the soft breeze spring was giving today. It had always been winter to Casper. He grew to love the snow. "You're a second year. Hmm.. Explains why you're not skipping. I find classes boring, by the way." he told her as though telling her that he hates school was a good way of introducing himself. Lots of girls find that characteristic in Casper a bad thing. After all, lots of girls love studying. "It's creepy." Casper exclaimed, not realizing that he said it out loud.

Siddalee stretched out her (admittedly short) legs in front of her as she listened to the boy. She laughed a little at him saying that Hogwarts was creepy, although not loud enough for him to notice. She didn't want to offend him. "It's not that creepy, once you get used to it," she said. "But I'm with you on classes. The only ones I enjoy are when we actually DO stuff. Like Herbology and flying classes, when I had them. They were awesome." She looked out over the lake, then realised something.
"Hey, you never told me your name. No, wait, let me guess! Uh...John? No. Richard? No. Uh...Rumpelstiltskin?" Siddalee laughed at her joke. "OK, I give up. What is your name?" she asked, still chuckling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back