Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
If there was one thing Sapphire hadn't known what to expect from, it was this patrol with her cousin's boyfriend. She leaned against the wall while she waited for him. She and Amethyst had always had an... interesting relationship. Most people probably thought they hated each other, the way the two insulted each other all the time. It was usually all in jest, though, and they both enjoyed the challenge of trying to one up each other. She had gathered enough from Jasper to know that Kace was his roommate, and that Amaya had taken up dance lessons to impress the boy. It certainly made her curious about the new yorker, if he was able to get through to the aloof Amethyst so thoroughly.

Kace bounces right out of the common room, landing with a thud beside the raven-haired teen. The Gryffindor never seems to be out of energy, today was no exception. He gestures with his head, greeting Sapphire, "Sup? So, what are we supposed to do exactly? Just like, walk around and tell the students what to do? Good cop, bad cop game plan? By the way, I'll be the cool cop cause ya know," Kace popped his shirt, smirking. The ego is massive with this one, the professor might regret making him a prefect sooner than later.

Sapphire raised a brow as the boy came bounding out next to her. "Well, aren't you something else," She smirked a little. "I can play bad cop easily enough. Yeah, we pretty much just make our rounds and keep an eye out for trouble." She started to saunter away, motioning for him to follow. "You're Amethyst's boyfriend then?" She looked him over, hands in her pockets. "I'm not sure how you manage that," She grimaced, putting on a front to see how the boy reacted. "She's so..." She tried to think of a nice way to say it. "Boring," She decided instead. "Stand offish, cold, uncaring," She continued, eyeing Kace to check his reaction.

"Yeah, I am something. And that something is called Kace," the Gryffindor quipped. "Lame," Kace commented over their shared duties. Nobody likes a snitch, and that's exactly what the school had him doing. Snitching. "What?" Kace paused, frowning at Sapphire. "What you mean? I don't know who you're talking about but that's not my Amaya. She's cool, ight. And since she's not here to defend herself, fall back," Kace tells the older teen. He didn't like how Sapphire was talking smack about Amaya, she's nothing like how Sapphire described her.

Sapphire chuckled at his reaction. "Good, you aren't spineless." She rolled her neck. "You look out for her, I approve." She shrugged. "Not like my approval matters. After the way that one kid treated her I just wanted to make sure you weren't a brat," She clarified, pulling some mint gum from her pocket and popping one in her mouth. "Want one?" She offered him, wondering idly how irritated Amaya would be if she found out Sapph had tested Kacey-boy.

Kace look perplexed, not entirely following what just happened here. "What are you even talking about? What kid?" The Gryffindor decline the offered gum, he's not too eager to trust the weirdness that is Sapphire. They were starting this partnership on the wrong foot. Kace will just have to get used to Sapphire...he guessed.

Sapphire shrugged and put the gum in her pocket. "The Hufflepuff kid. Whats-his-face. He was her only friend for a while there, they were really close." She popped her gum. "Amaya is a good writer, but she's terrible with actual people. It's why she passed over control of the company. Ember gave it up to follow her music; Amaya passed it up due to her lack of people skills, and now Jasper gets it." She shrugged.

"The Hufflepuff bloke was the only one she got on with until you came along. Then he got all bent out of shape; something or the other involving you and your brother." She popped her gum. "It hit her pretty hard. Broke her heart. I'd hate to see it happen again," She glanced at him. "Would hate to have to start a fight," She hinted lightly.

Kace snapped his fingers, "Oh, that kid," Kace rolled his eyes. She didn't even have to say his name, the mere mention of Abian didn't sit well with Kace. "That dude got a punchable face, and I'm no fighter. I'm a dancer," the other stuff she brought up made him more confused and lost than he was before. "What? What company?" He's aware of Amaya's people skills. She the total opposite to the extrovert that he is, but, he didn't seem to mind it much. Not everyone can be loud and expressive like him.

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm all gucci! Me and Amaya are like pb and jelly, we go together. We cool," Kace assured her with a smile and his chest somewhat puffed out.

Sapphire shrugged. They'd just have to see what happened. She raised a brow at his confusion over the company. "What, she never told you?" Sapph popped her gum. "Grandmother runs a vast, international shipping company. They work mostly with muggles I think, I don't really know all the details. Amaya's dad is the eldest, so the company would have passed to him, but Grandmother didn't want to retire so it was supposed to go to Ember instead. But when both girls passed it over, it ended up with Jasper. It's why he studies so much- you're his roommate, it must have seemed weird that he always studied but had terrible grades." She smiled a bit. "My family isn't extravagantly wealthy, but we are definitely rich kids. Ember even said something about Amaya having to do some sort of debutante ball? Grandmother keeps trying to introduce her to 'suitable suitors' or something like that," Sapphire rolled her eyes.

"No..., I mean does she have to?" Kace wasn't sure how to take all this in. Kace sure there's a lot in his family he didn't relate back to Amaya, he just never thought it was necessary...Now, he's wondering if he should or what!? Where does he even begin to tell her. "Debutante Ball, what's that?" Everything else fell on deaf ear, Kace zeroed in on that part.

Sapphire shrugged at his first question. "How should I know?" She responded plainly. At his next question she shrugged again. "I don't have the best explanation. From what I understood, it was a celebration of her becoming a woman, and being introduced into the community. Em said that grandmother mostly threw it so that Amaya could be introduced to the other wealthy families- and their sons." She smirked. "From what I heard though, she spent the entire event with one guy. Grandmother approved, but I don't know who it was." She popped her gum. She did know, actually, but that was for Amaya to share.

No, she can't be serious. Amaya's cousin was just joking with him. Trying to get a rise out of him. Kace won't let her get to him. She was lying, she was definitely lying. Kace shook his head, "Yeah, I know my girlfriend and my girlfriend won't fall for a lame ass dude. Why you're lying," Kace shots back, again shaking his head. "If this is what you call patrolling then I don't want any part of it. Especially if you're going to tell me lies about my girlfriend. You're trying to start problems, aren't you suppose to be the one to stop them or something?"

Sapphire raised a brow at the boy. Okay, that was a bit much. "Easy, there, tiger." She almost laughed. "I never said she was falling for anyone, relax. All she ever does is write or talk about you. She's yours," Sapphire shrugged. "All I know is my brother got hurt pretty badly when he cared for someone. Amaya and I aren't as close as Onyx and I are, but I think it's still a family thing to worry," She glanced at him. "You're... interesting, I think. A lot of energy, really. But I think Em was wrong. You're good for her," Sapph shrugged. "And patrols are boring. You literally just wander around looking for kids causing trouble. I don't bother if it's just kids having fun if its harmless enough, I tend to focus more on stopping bullying or straight-up brawls."

Kace glares at Sapphire. He's officially made up his mind about the older teen. She was his least favorite when it comes to relatives of Amaya's that went to this school. Since he's a fifth year, he doesn't think it will get any worse than Sapphire. "Yeah, okay then. Try to make sense when you're telling me stuff about my girlfriend. Especially if anything you said was supposed to make me mad or whatever sh!t you were trying to pull here," Kace retorted, his nostrils flaring some. Family or friends, none of Amaya's folks seems to like the Gryffindor. Was there some kind of campaign going on to end the pair, try to get them to break up? It won't happen, not on his watch. They'll have to deal with him wether they like him or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back