Chi Minh City

Ritsuka Xie

As if writing a letter wasn't the easiest job in the world, writing to someone he had no memory to recall, Jaden West was just another stranger tied to his endless chain of family. The American born cousin, with the snobby attitude, and no gratitude for possessing magic. Ritsuka had no sense in writing her, but father had asked him too. Ritsuka paid more respect to his eldest than any youth in his age range. He held his respect well, showed it more than spoke of it. Jaden had nothing, now he had to send a letter to her. Ugh, what was more baring he had to go visit Chi Minh City to the nearest owerly. No one in his family own an owl, they were useful creature, not always. No one wanted a nocturnal creature in their home, bad enough 5 am was the time everyone would wake up.
Chi Minh City settle along the horizon, were a dusky path lead to the massive city. Ritsuka formally visit the city when needed if not, he stayed in the peaceful county side, tranquility his true nature. After saying farewell to his father and mother he left bright early morning the next morning. He had a bag that carried a few rice rolls, a canteen of water, and some coins to actually consider buying an owl. He started his travel with a neighbor, Sobi, a much elder youth that attended the same wizaring school as Ritsuka. Sobi dismissed himself when he got called from Tai to meet him somewhere, Ritsuka waved him off and walk alone till he arrived in the city of Chi Minh. His hazel eyes traveling up and down the merchants selling items of all sorts, Ritsuka stop when he notice someone sell a few moonstones, something Ritsuka found all to be vender in the city of Chi Minh. These moonstones were describe to the subject of Astronomy, Ritsuka look through a few asking the merchant about these moonstones.

Tawny was spending a lot of time in the Asian countries, mostly traveling when her sister would bring her back. They were still moving the last remnants of an old life away from home. Tawny was very sad to see that now, she had to leave. She took a breath before her sister apparated them to Chi Minh City. Tawny had been there a few times when she was younger, but not really enough to remember the area. Her sister needed some special fabrics. "Stay here." Is what she said, but, Tawny wasn't about to; Aiko knew that deep down. So as she hummed to herself, Tawny walked through the many merchants that were around. It was honestly a beautiful thing to see, it was old fashioned, almost like seeing the gypsy traders that traveled everywhere. Oh what Tawny wouldn't give to be able to do that!

It had only been ten minutes, when Tawny's feet started to ache in her heels. Four inches, or so, they were killer. But, it was the price Tawny paid to level up to about 3' tall. She had become frustrated with her height about a month ago, when she found a top that she wanted. It was so long that it could have hung to the floor. It didn't help that she was also about the size of a toothpick (which of course was an exaggeration). She let out a small sigh, and closed her eyes for only a moment while taking in the smells around her. That was her mistake, when her feet carried her into a boy who was looking through the moonstones, that Tawny was about to look at. Her eyes jolted open and she spoke a quick sorry. Her pale cheeks flushed and she waited to see if he'd accept her apology.

Someone not tall enough to call themselves in adolescent bump into Ritsuka on accident. Ritsuka let out a sour grunt, "Hey little girl?" he turn his hazel aggravated eyes at the girl, what had hurt the most was the heel she was wearing. What was she like four years old wearing heels? "Don't you have respect for your eldest you snobby little thing" father would've not been proud by his words. Ritsuka had intelligence twice the man, and skills to make the oldest of men cry like a young child as this one. "Where are your parents anyways? You must be lost?" he asked more seriously, the bane annoyance let go instantly. The merchant who'd been serving Ritsuka decided on ignoring the exchanging of conflicts. Merchant had loads to deal with, nevermind young adults acting like children.

Tawny almost apologized again, but her face flared up in anger. Her cheeks were red, and she wore an indignant expression. She shook her hood off and glared into his eyes. It was obvious that he was not Japanese, his eyes were slanted, yes, but not like hers. Her cheeks puffed out a bit. "Little girl?" She asked in an angry tone. Her voice was whimsical, though it held spite and anger. "Lost?" She asked a bit louder. "My parents are back in New Zealand, and I'll excuse you to watch the way you talk." She said in anger. That was what she hated the most, people looking at her like she was a child. "I'm nearly an adult, you pompous, jerk!" She said with a huff. She immediately felt bad, and her face turned from a glare to a pout. "Sorry, I'm not a little girl." That was the best apology she could muster for this tall, insensitive boy.

Tawny was glad that she had worn the sunglasses. Though the day was shady with many clouds. She still had many bruises on her face and arms. She had the hood pulled up, and wore things to distract people from her bruised neck. That damned Asian boy, Kyouhei had done DAmage so bad that she had nightmares. Of course, she told her parents it was a lowlife mugger, and that he wore a mask the whole time. Tawny pushed off the fact that she was defending him to account for her fear.

"Tourist?" he grunted more bane, after being called a jerk by someone who sounded like a squeaky little house mouse. "Figure, with bruises like that I know for in fact you wouldn't be here at all.." Ritsuka shook his head, his dark hazel eyes were shadowed by dark circles underneath his eyes. Some elders would get them from lack of sleep, Ritsuka encounter these dark circles for when he was annoyed or angry. He showed one side of him to a strange girl like the one. "An adult don't make me laugh? Now run along now, your causing a scene" his words true, as few bystanders stop to stare at the two bickering at each other. "We haven't seen your kind in a long time around these parts. Sensi would've had told us if anywhere coming today" Sensi the village seer knew everything and saw everything that came to be. Goblins weren't famous around here, is what Ritsuka was telling her. "Now go run back to where you came from, be sure to tell your parents what happen small child. By the looks of it you will need more than a healer to make you better again.." Ritsuka turn his eyes away from her, and went back to speaking to the merchant in his native language. He took out a few coins and handed them over to purchase a stone, now it was time to head for the owerly expressed. Maybe next to that shop he will visit the venders that sell all kinds of owl. It would do him well getting one, so he wouldn't have to adventure back into the city unless if he needed too.

"Excuse me, I am no tourist to this country, nor city!" She raised her voice a little more. Him mentioning the bruises on her made her become self-conscience. She blushed a dark red, more from hating herself then from embarrassment. Her face grew redder and redder by each word that he said. She'd bring him down hard, at least so that she could hit him in the face hard too. "I might as well be, compared to you! You are so immature, bet your parents are so proud!" She sneered, sarcasm filling her voice with contempt. "i don't need your d*mned Sensi to speak of me. It's none of his business if I'm coming here or not." She couldn't take any more of his insults. whether he was just cruel or not. Her fist shot out, and hit him so hard, she wondered if he'd ever have children. She didn't take lightly to being treated like a child. She knew that's why he was speaking to her the way he was. She readied herself for another hit as this weak man reacted to the first hit. Tawny's body was almost shaking with the fury she felt deep inside of her.

The girl was so whiney, he sweared he would've acted out of place if he wasn't brought up with respect. "Yes my parents are proud, unlike yours who seems to have a little born liar" that must've set the girl off. She had stagger out of anger and jab him where it hurts the most. Any guy could tell you being touch there was the most sensitive spot anyone could hurt you. He felt a sharp gasp escape his lips, and his eyes rolling back, his legs gave out before the girl. He had landed on his knees, the ground gravel instead of plain fields of the concrete sidewalks.

Ritsuka took short quick breaths, he concentrated on the sounds around him. He listen with such intense waiting to hear her move again. No further sounds came from the girl but he felt the negative emotions force through her by his words. Ritsuka breath finally came back after he's done feeling the pain, and when he looked up he spat angrily at the girl. "Show some respect for your eldest" he barked standing up, he grabbed her hand and force her to follow him. "I will be reporting you to the local authorities, maybe they can handle you well better than I can.." he held her hand, dragging her by force. Ritsuka was gonna teach her a good old lesson.

Tawny fists shook after the hit. She even smirked in a satisfying grin. He wanted a scene and she gave him one. His hazel eyes lolling back were the perfect touch. Since being attacked by a boy who looked much like this one, she had gained a sense of self control. She had laughed death in the face, and no one would ever hurt her again. She listened to his breaths come in sharply and smiled. Until he gained back his sense of area.

He yelled at her, but, Tawny had bee satisfied. His anger, he was humiliated, whether he knew it or not. Being brought down by such a small girl would drive any man crazy. He grabbed her hand and she smirked a bit, until she realized he could drag her a bit. She struggled in his grip, and as soon as they were far enough from the scene, she began yelling again, "Help! Rape, please somebody!" She looked panicked, and shook her head hard enough that her hair tie fell loose and she looked a bit disoriented. She was ready to bring this pompous, self righteous, immature boy down. The biggest way she could.

((Mind if I join? :p ))

"He can't be there"
Sally muttered as she opened the owl from his father. Her older brother Zac had been missing for a few days, rumor said that he was in Ho Chi Min but... Why would he be there? His father hadn't even open any restaurant there, and none of his family lived there. The girl sat beside her bed as she looked at the ground. "I'm sorry Zac" She muttered, he had been acting strange lately and Sally couldn't do anything about it, maybe because she was busy? Or maybe not... Sally grabbed a random coat as she threw the floo powder to the chimney. She stumbled and fell on the ground. It was damp and dark, and there was a lot of boxes in front of her. She touched her left cheek feeling the bruise on it as she tried to get up.

What surprised her even more was that there was a female voice shouting for help. Sally quickly got out of that place which was so different than the inside warehouse where she landed on, it was too bright and too shiny. She took few steps and walk toward the source of the voice and it turned out to be a little girl... Or tiny girl? Sally was about to get her wand out but decided not to, she remember that she was no longer in Durmstrang and she wasn't allowed to use magic outside school. The girl tapped the boy who was forcing the girl to walk with him and no, she wasn't trying to be a super hero, she was in trouble herself.
"You see these monitors?" She pointed at the CCTV that was hung on the corner "If I report you to them, you'll be imprison for... Years" She rose her eyebrow a little trying to see his reaction.

The young child kept wiggling and struggling to get free by Ritsuka's strong grip. She had the strength of a girl twice her age, still his hand gripping tighter around her wrisk he made no attempts to let her go. When she started to shout false lies, Ritsuka
became even more temper by her lies. "Lies, lies! Stop shouting lies!" if there's anything in the world that trigger his anger at his worst state, Ritsuka not very fond of little liars. "You know damn well I'm taking you to the authorities for assaulting me child" this made him more annoyed when a civilian stepped in.
"What? Are you insane? I know my own damn city to know why they have and what they don't have here miss. If anything they should be replaying back just a couple seconds ago when this girl assaulted me. Who are you anyways? Are you her sister?" he question furiously. His anger at the highest peek, no ones ever made him this angry before in his entire life. She had done her wrong, and had to own to her actions. "If you have no business with her than I suggest you to move along, I will be handling her well by handing her over to the authorities. Now excuse me" he pushed by her not giving any moment to speak a work, his emotions were crazed.

Sally stared at him as she widen her brown eyes tapping her mouth with her finger. "No need to be mad at me" She shrugged as she keep walking beside him. "And it all depend actually, if this little goblin is Chinese or Korean then yeah maybe I am her sister. A loong looost sister but sadly I'm not Japanese, my brother's half Japanese, yeah! Maybe they can be siblings wait... Is that a right word? Ah well anyway how are you" She walked backward as she stared at the little girl and then back to the boy. "And why so feisty? Honestly, I wanna ask you a question, is this a little girl or a tiny woman? Sorry I don't mean to offend you down there but I'm just curious. Hey! It's good to be curious eh?" The girl said forgetting that her main purpose on going there was to go find her brother Zac. But she was having so much fun even though it wasn't the right time to chat.

"This is your country!? How cool is that?? Yeah so you're obviously Vietnamese I knew that! Anyway soo... How do you say hello how are you? I've been trying to shop here but I don't know the language so hey! Maybe you can get me discounts? That'll be sooo cool!"
She said forgetting that they were in a serious mode either the boy was going to rape the little goblin or leprechaun or handicap or dwarf, or they were making a scene for no reason which was illogical. "I talk too much, eh?" At last! She realized it. "Why are you handing her to the authorities? You can only do that IF she broke a law" Sally became serious again and shrugged.

Tawny struggled more in this mans hand. She really knew how to piss him off, that made Tawny smile. She felt pretty bad for him when a civilian came along. She looked at the girl, waiting for her to come close enough to her. When the girl stopped this over-grown bully from pulling on her for a moment, Tawny grabbed hold of the girls hands. Her dark, slanted eyes locked with hers and she pulled herself toward the girl. She wasn't letting go until The Bully did. "I assaulted you because you were bullying me!" She yelled. "It was self defense!" Her voice was strong, and she pulled more at his hand, trying to get out of his grasp. It was a little known fact that goblin's had a temper. But, only a temper when someone called them short; usually Tawny was nice. She hated to be called short, or little girl, or anything of the sort; because she wasn't.

"I'ma part goblin. It comes from my grandma's side!" She answered before The Bully had a chance to. "He called me short one too many times, and then yelled at me when I accidentally bumped into him. Not in that order. So I hit him where it hurts. And then he started dragging me. And oh gosh, was I scared!" She left her mouth open, but smiled slightly. "So mind prying him off me?" She asked. She didn't want to give this man time to talk.

Ritsuka encounter a few unstable beings, this unknown civilian could be counted for far worst than unstable. It took self control not to snap but he pursed his lips shut a sign of silence likely she would take the hint. The small girl broke the silence by edging away from Ritsuka grip. He held her tighter more and pushed her back before she went any further. "Move out of my way before I am force to break one of my rules..." whoever the strange girl may be, Ritsuka made sure she knew who she was dealing with. "I am doing my job as a citizen to my country. You will stop me from doing so. She maybe a goblin whoever doesn't give her any rights to cause obstructive behavior. Everyone has consequences to deal with, small or tall, she had assaulted someone. If it were me hitting her I wouldn't be right by carrying my father name. Now will you kindly step away before I am force to do it myself" he look down at the petite goblin girl. She seem to be holding a wicked scheme, hiding behind her close lips. If anyone was to be smiling it be him, obtaining justice is all that he was asking for. Nothing else or nothing more.

Sally rose her eye a little "If you break any rule then I'll turn you in" That was all she could say. She felt sorry for the little goblin who held her hand tightly. "Hey! You started it so self defense seems logical to me, it's your fault in the first place anyway" She said out loud, she didn't mean to but it was automatic for her. The little hand on her grip was still tight, tighter than ever and Sally held it tightly making sure that she was alright. "Dang I don't have veritaserum" She muttered forgetting that they were muggles. But wait... Goblin!? She shouldn't be a muggle then but what about the boy? The truth serum was useful in cases like this, she could always tell who was lying and who wasn't. "I don't even think she broke a law" She muttered as she looked at the goblin and then back to the lad. If he was going to mess with the goblin then Sally wasn't going to mess up with them, she regretted messing up with other people outside school because she couldn't defense her self, she couldn't use her precious wand if she wasn't in school.

((oh my gawd im not good rp-in with her at all.. dang it !@#$))

Tawny gave a smile to Sally, and once the boy went silent and waited for her to move, she spoke. "Sally, are you related to the Watanuki's?" She asked. If she was, this boy may after all be in trouble. None of the Watanuki's cared about Tawny, but Kyouhei seemed to enjoy beating her around, maybe he was territorial; didn't want anyone taking his... play toy. Though, if this girl wasn't, and knew the name, she might be able to help too. Tawny pulled a bit more, then thought of something clever; something that didn't matter in this situation. She was a Lao. Her father was a tax attorney for Magical Beings. He wasn't famous, but he made a substantial amount of money from what he did. And her sister was loved for making soft robes for wizards and witches. She then saiod to Sally, "I'm Tawny, Tawny Lao." She introduced herself in the American way, rather then her last name first.

Giving up he consequently let her go. "Your so lucky I have to go purchase an owl.." Ritsuka looked at his black digital watch, it was getting late. He spent a few good half hour bickering over a small part human assaulting him. It had been childish
On his part but he grew up with dignity and respect. If no one lived up for their actions what kind of world would this be if the bad guy always getting away? Ritsuka not that bad guy, he like to think more of himself. Its a good personality but some take it the wrong way at times. "Next time...well there won't be a next time" he solemnly grunted than stalk away. If he hurried now he could get down Lih Young's shop. Father would be disappointed if he didn't make it to the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back