Checking the mail

Keira Kendall-White

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2 Tail of Charmed Newt
Keira made her way up to the Owlery. She guessed there would be no mail there for her, but she checked every day. Who did she know that would mail her? No one.
She sighed when she got there, and sorted through the mail.
'Blah, blah blah.' She chanted, tossing the letters into a pile.
She threw another into the pile, and the retrieved it.
'Keira Kendall-White.' She read aloud. Really? A message for me? Keira grinned and slid the envelope open and began to read.

Ashley wiped the tear in her eye. She knew Keira would feel upset, and suddenly wondered about writing the letter after all. She would be devestated. On top of all the worries she may have had then.
She has a right to know! Ashley told herself, forcing the pen into her hands and starting to write. After a few crossed out attempts, she came out with,
Dear Keira,

I don't know how to write this. However I put it you will be upset. You're probably wondering who I am, and how I know you. Well, Keira, I'm your sister.
When I was 1, our parents abandoned you because they couldn't afford another child. They didn't mean to have you. I'm so sorry! I only found out a few days ago, but I've run away now. I have to see you. They said you might be at Hogwarts, and before I left they told me I could write a letter, and this owl would send it to you.
Well, I took the owl with me, so I hope it does a good job.

I have to see you Keira. I can't believe mum and dad did this to you. They're not dead, but I wish they were. I love you Keira, and I havn't even met you yet!

Please reply,
All my love,
Ashley, Your sister xx

Keira's heart thumped as she read the letter for her. Who was she? How did she know her?
She soon found out.
Tears streamed down Keira's face. How could they do that? Her parent's weren't dead?
Keira shook her head, sobbing. She couldn't bring herself to reply. She was happy - she had a sister. Angry - her parents had abandoned her. Sad - She hadn't known.
She took a deep breath in, and then shook her head again. She started to run, down the steps. She needed to get away from this. She hid her face as she ran, and hoped nobody would see her.

Keira had finally decided to reply to Ashley's letter. Ok, it wasn't her sisters fault, and maybe there wasn't much that her parents could have done about it. Except put me in a care home rather then dump me on the pavement she thought cruelly.
Keira tapped her quill against her temple, not knowing what to write.
Dear Ashley,

Your owl did a good job... Oh what am I saying? Where are you Ashley? Where are mum and dad? Please tell me more, I can't stand this.

She paused to wipe a tear.
I suppose it wasn't their fault. I just can't stop thinking that I shouldn't really be here any more. I need you to tell me you love me Ashley, if you really are my sister.
You could have made this all up, I suppose, but then whoever you were, I'd hate you for the rest of my life. And I hope you feel guilty.
But I think you are my sister. I could tell by the way you wrote. You must be upset too. God, why is my life like this?
Well, I hope you tell me where you are. I'd love to meet you sometime. Maybe you could even come to Hogwarts?
I'm laughing now, we'll just have to see what happens.

My love back, I guess,
Keira XXXXXXXXX

She signed off with lots of kisses for the hell of it, and sent the owl away.
She sat for a moment after the owl was out of sight, then sighed and made her way back out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back