Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
After the events of the summer, Estrella was rendered amazingly tired. But not having seen her for a month, she had to check if her owl Harper was okay. She had told Harper to go to Hogwarts, and hoped that she had taken her advice. Before she could go to bed, she had to see Harper. And if possible, have her send a letter.

She made her way up to the owlery quickly. She quickly looked at all the owls, searching for the form of a beautiful barn owl. "Harper?" she whispered hurriedly. At first she thought that Harper was not there, and her heart fell. However, a tired yet excited hoot echoed after her voice, and she watched as Harper floated down from the rafters, hopeful for a treat.

Estrella stroked Harper's delicate feathers, saying, "I'm so glad you're okay." She was happy that the owl hadn't stuck around Malfoy Manor. The Death Eaters might have hurt her, or worse. Darkly, she picked up a courtesy scrap of parchment and a small bottle of nearly dried up ink from a battered desk now unfit for classes. Hurriedly, she began to write.

Carlisle,
I've arrived at Hogwarts. I know you must have been worried, but now I'm okay. I'm not going to tell you where I was, because I know it will stress you out even more.  Please understand; all that matters now is that I'm safe

She paused for a minute, breathing heavily. How much could she tell her muggle uncle. Not much if she didn't wish to give him a heart attack. Raising her quill, she continued writing.
Certain things have come up.  I can only tell you that there are dangerous people in my world, and you would do your best not to anger them.  I don't know if my father will bother you again, but inform me if anyone from my world does.  I'm not sure if I will be coming over holiday break, or any breaks for that matter.  Things are just too dangerous, for both myself and our family.  I can;t put everyone else in a worse situation than I already have.
Wishing you well, and hoping that you are okay.
Love,
Estrella.

Please reply back
! <3 <3 <3

As she was about to seal the letter, she remembered comically the question he had asked at the end of his last letter. About the normality of Harper biting his hand.
P.S.: I know that this is a late reply for your question, but yes, Harper will bite at times.  Only if you don't send me letters.  She's very picky about that.  And if you want to give her a treat, I think I left a package of them hanging around my room.  Again, wishing you the best.

Sealing the letter, Estrella gave Harper the letter, who took it in her beak with a disapproving hoot, staring at her with her bright eyes. "I'm sorry, hon, I don't have any treats right now. I promise you one when you get back." Harper started to fly, and then she yelled, "Wait!" Harper floated in the air, waiting for Estrella to say something. "Make sure Carlisle sends something back, but don't peck his hand off!"

With a muffled hoot of reply, Harper began to fly away in the early morning sunrise. Estrella left the owlery, reminding herself to check back in a few days. But since the ordeal at Malfoy Manor, she was going to go to sleep.

After her Transfiguration Class on the First Day of Second Year, Estrella wandered up to the owlery alone, hoping for a letter from Carlisle. She was happy to see Harper, clutching a piece of parchment in her beak. "Thank you, girl," Estrella said, stroking the barn owl's feathers and giving her a treat. Hurriedly she opened the letter.
Estrella,
I'm so glad that you're safe!  It looks like people are looking out for you, even in your world.

Estrella raised her eyebrow. Who could be looking out for her? Death Eaters, but it wasn't the kind of searching that Carlisle was talking about. Frowning, she continued reading.
I can't say that I'm not unsettled that you won't tell me what happened over the summer, but maybe that is for another time.  It is quite ironic that I got this letter today, just a few days ago I had a visit from two men, and they were from your world, nonetheless.  Both of them were very polite.  They wondered if I knew where you and your friend Elizabeth had been.  You see, they were very concerned, the elderly man, Lucius Malfoy, was Elizabeth's grandfather.  He was very worried about you two, you see.  He asked me to send a letter if I heard anything from you, and I'm going to do that just after I send this letter with Harper.

Staring at the parchment, Estrella worried greatly about Carlisle. She felt slightly betrayed, but then again, how could he know anything. I bet Lucius put on the perfect show, she thought darkly. She read the rest of the letter with her brow furrowed, reminding herself to show this letter to Liz as soon as she could find her.
I was so happy that Harper didn't bite me; I gave her a treat, as you suggested, and she was very sweet.  At least I know now how to do some things right in your world.  Janine, Brett, and Thomas all send their love!  Thomas has started to walk, we were so overjoyed!  And he is progressing with learning words. So far all he can say is Da-da, Ma-ma, and No though. 
Love,
Carlisle

Estrella wrote a hurried reply, sent it with a disgruntled Harper and rushed off to find Liz, concealing the letter in her robes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back