Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 14 2/3" Core of Basilisk's Fang
After a :pop: , Svetlana and Leon's sister, Effie, were in Saint Mungo's. Svetlana was six months along, and she appeared to be one of those pregnant people who were rather small. (About Svetlana's size) She wore a white gown over her body, and it was a little obvious why she was here in the first place. Svetlana had told Effie that she was rather fond of Leon Snow, just before arriving. Svetlana was not entirely sure on how to say that she was pregnant and needed a check-up to see how long the baby will be, have a due date, which was around the beginning of December. Svetlana had her brunette hair flowing over her shoulders, and her tanned skinned glowed with pregnancy symptoms. Plus, she was wanting to know whether her baby is a boy or a girl. It was time, right? Svetlana murmured, "Effie, I don't know what to do... This is my first check-up. I let my mom handle things, but she isn't exactly a healer."

Effie had become close with Svetlana over the past couples of months when she noticed some girl was becoming closer with Leon, it was a rare sight to see anyone get close with her brother like that and still want to stay with him after learning about his awkward OCD issues he had. It was also a plus that the two of them seemed to be developing feelings for each other without them realizing it, love was such a sweet thing to Effie and she always wondered if it would ever be her time to love someone as well. "Relax Svetlana, I'm sure it'll be okay." She rubbed the younger woman's back as she tried to calm her as much as possible. She had never been here much as a child but she had seen Nicolette give pregnancy check-ups for the family countless times, it didn't look so bad from when she had seen them getting done.

"Are you hoping it's a boy or girl?" Effie asked with soft smile, she wanted her own children someday so it was always such a blur and excitement to talk about it with other woman, a lot of them always seemed to nervous for it and stuff. It made her laugh and roll her eyes, why be nervous about something that was supposed to be completely natural occurring in life. "Sooo, are you going to go to Leon's after this?" She asked with a sly look in her different colored orbs. Effie knew of Svetlana's feeling for him and she was rooting for the two of them to get together at some point or another.

"How can I relax when I don't even know who my healer or whoever is checking up on me is? What if she or he messes up my baby?" Svetlana had a worried expression on her face. Even if she was pregnant with some other man's child that wasn't Leon's, and it was just a one-night-stand, Svetlana didn't care. This baby had altered her way of actions, the course of her life. And, she was not about to take away the life of someone that was the result of her own actions. Svetlana loved the baby in her. Svetlana murmured, "I hope it is a girl." Svetlana adored little females. She always wanted a little sister, but she never had one. However, she was starting a family of her own. It was breathtaking. "Possibly..." giggled the young woman. Then, someone led Svetlana to a room, and Svetlana followed, just hoping that the healer would be here soon, because Svetlana was anxious to see what she was having exactly.

Corinne made her way down the corridor to her office having just arrived at the hospital. Hanging up her robe and changing into her healers garb she smiled at the list of patients she had for the day. A few new names to the list which were of course always welcome. Corinne loved the job she had and with the thought of telling another new set of parents wonderful news about their future offspring she left her office and walked to the waiting room.

"Svetlana Khamidouline?" she inquired of the room, hoping she had pronounced the name correctly, "this way please."
She smiled at the young woman and held the door open for her indicating to head along into her office across the hall.

Svetlana heard her name, and she glanced up. Nervousness made Svetlana uneasy, and about to get sick. Svetlana approached the healer, and she motioned for Effie the come with her. Svetlana followed the healer into the office across the hall, and she turned her seat. Svetlana murmured, "I am so nervous right now..." It was obvious that she was the first time ever having a baby. Yet, there was a tiny glimmer of hope that after this one, this baby would not be the last. The only issue is finding a permanent man to stick with. Svetlana tried not to worry about it though. She had all her life to plan something like that.

Effie gave the healer a small smile before she followed after Svetlana and into the place where the check-up was going to be at. Apparently Svetlana wanted a baby girl and she saw nothing wrong with that except the poor girl really had no clue how hard raising a girl was, or at least seemed due to how she had seen Alphonse react with his daughter. Effie personally wanted a boy if she ever had a baby, but she really could choose something like that now could she? "Relax, I'm sure the Healer knows what she's doing." Effie never had been to a hospital like this before so she had to admit it was a bit interesting to see what it was like as like to be in a place like this.

"It's so cute how well you and Leon get along, especially seeing as he's always been a bit of a nerd." She giggled and shrugged her shoulders softly, unsure if Svetlana would like to hear Effie making fun of someone she had become so fond of or not. Even so, she had known him all his life and could admit that he always seemed a little out of the box, much more so than even she was.

As the women joined her across the way in her office, Corinne could not help but over hear the other woman reassuring Svetlana that the healer would surely know what she was about. Customarily at these moments in time she was always tempted to turn around and tell them something to the extent that she was just a trainee and seriously didn't know her ass from her elbow but she always managed to restrain herself. Shame really the look on their faces would have been priceless but this new mother-to-be certainly didn't want any more stress right now.

"Svetlanan if you wouldn't mind going behind the curtain over there and changing into the robe set out, just call me when you're ready" she closed the door after the women and walked towards her desk indicating a chair for the other lady to sit down into.

With the healer's pleasant attitude, it helped calm down Svetlana as she went behind the curtain. She glanced down over the changing robe. Sighing, she took off her white gown, and slipped into the changing robe. Svetlana made sure that her hair was pulled back and away from her face. Svetlana peeked out from the curtain, seeing the two before she uttered, "I'm ready..." Svetlana waited patiently, as her nerves seemed to calm her down. It was wondrous seeing how this little one affected her so.

Walking around the curtain she smiled and prepared her hands for checking the uterus. Once done she did other necessary examinations all of which told her that the baby was fine and progressing steadily. She then turned her attention to the mother and began to do some more routine checks on her as she also asked some questions.

"Are you finding you're tired more? How is your eating plan, remember it is only a myth that you are eating for two" she grinned at her, "Are you taking regular exercise? Even a short walk each day helps a lot and swimming is wonderful during pregnancy."
She informed Svetlana as she finished her routine.

Surpisingly, the check-up was not as bad as she had thought it was. In fact, this made Svetlana’s confidence soar. Svetlana thought over the questions steadily, and she nodded, “I am tired more, but that is only after I due my routine chores and my daily walks throughout my town. My eating plan is rather normal, and I am trying to stay away from caffeine and anything and anywhere that has cigarette smoke. I am almost sure…my baby, she is a girl, isn’t she.” Svetlana’s mother had a female first, and so on through the family. Boys were common as well, but Svetlana did not have any brothers. She twirled her brown hair around her index finger, as she smiled heavenly once more. Everything would be perfect…

Corinne was delighted to hear that Svetlana was taking such good care of herself and regular exercise always helped throughout a pregnancy and indeed would stand to her when she was giving birth and in order to return to her pre-pregnancy shape after she had the baby.
"If you can don't over dose on the housework, use whatever magic to get the job done that you might otherwise have preferred to do yourself but take this time to pamper yourself more. Keep up with the regular walking, it's certainly never going to hurt but do make sure to elevate your feet after wards as your ankles will tend to swell."

She bit her lip as the woman asked about the gender of the child once again and though Corinne had done her own little magical test to check, she wasn't sure if she should divulge the news to the woman, at least not just yet at any rate.
"You don't want the gender to be a surprise?" she smiled.

[sorry this had taken me so long to get too... please feel free to godmod my character within reason so you can finish up your rp.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back