Check Up

Sinclair Blaze

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Sinclair entered the hospital for the very first time since he came to new zealand. It was rather ironic that the hospital was just their latest lesson in herbology. He remembered that he couldn't answer the homework right because he didn't know what the hospital is.

And now he enters the place, not for his lessons but for some secret reason. He needed a check up every once in a while to make sure that his disease is not spreading. Sinclair went to the doctor's office and waited for his turn in the check up.
Form said:
Name: Sinclair Blaze
Diagnoses: Diagnosed with leukemia when he went to a muggle hospital
Any Other information:
Healer names:

He was not able to fill out all the questions. First, because he would want the doctor to choose the right healer for him.

Elliott was working with one of the recipient when she handed over a clipboard already filled out with a patients information. The last he wanted to come across was a patient with leukemia. He felt the pain suppress his chest when he looked up, his gaze looking throughout the waiting room. He had to push aside his own feelings, it was the patients that needed him now, not Elizabeth. He cleared his throat, though his eyes stings as he mouth his mouth to say. "Sinclair Blaze? Sinclair Blaze?" he said it twice as he waited for his patient to get up. Elliott wanted to do all he can, and figure what he can to help the one that had this sickness.

Sinclair heard his name being called at the office. Slowly, he walked to the doctor. Sinclair saw a flicker of something in the doctor's eye. Pity? he thought and gave a faint smile. As he walks to the doctor, he remembered his mother's words to him when they departed the muggle hospital a few months ago. "You're a talented boy. God gave you intellect that far surpasses the others and the looks that anyone would want. But He didn't give you the gift of time." He has pondered about that statement and decided to just go on. If he dies, then he dies. Everyone dies. But deep inside his mind, Sinclair wanted more time. He wanted to talk to his little sister much longer. "But would God hear that wish...?" he whispered to himself as he sits down to face the doctor.

Elliott took the boy to one of St. Mungos rooms. Letting him sit down, Elliott could not help but feel overwhelmed by the boy presents. He reminded him so much like..."Sinclair is that how you say it?" he gave the boy a smile still looking down at the board. "My names Elliott Woods, your healer for the time being. You can call me Elliott or Doctor which ever you prefer." placing the clipboard down, Elliott extended his hand to shake the boy hand. "How are you feeling Sinclair? How was the last hospital you was in? Did they treat you well?" Elliott asked, wishing the boys mother was here instead of him.

Sinclair gave a soft smile and nodded his head. "I was in a muggle hospital. Though they use strange devises, they were kind and somewhat smart." he described the muggle hospital with excitement. When he looked up at the doctor, Sinclair felt that he should just say what he needed to. "Well, they told me that I'm-- dying, or something." he mumbled, failing to find a good term for 'dying'. And then he smiled again. "They also told me that I'd be needing check ups so that they could see how the disease is--err..." he found himself lost with words and chuckled, waiting for the doctor to reply.

Elliott brushed his emotion again, as he felt the pain hit his chest again. He admire Sinclair so much, he couldn't help but smile at him. "Muggels don't have the same kind of medicine we carry Sinclair." he said slowly so that he could understand. "We carry potions, herbs and we use magic..." Elliott raised the chart again. The boy was only fourteen, he wasn't going to let him die. It will take time to compose a potion, he will have to talk to his colleagues about this situation. Personally though he rather see the boy live till he's grown old. Still existing while Elliott will be long gone. "You might have to come here often, on your breaks from school. But you don't have to worry at the moments. I promise we will try our best Sinclair." he kept his smile. "But now you have get into this." he handed Sinclair a hospital robe. "Full body check to see how healthy you are." he beamed.

"How's my brother?" Snow entered the doctor's office with a smile. She looked at her brother, who seemed to be getting something from the doctor... a robe of some sort. She dropped her head to her side, wondering why Sinclair needed to have a body check up. She looked at the doctor with a childish pout.

Elliott looked at the younger girl with a puzzle expression. "He's doing fine, we just need to do a full body check up. And possibly blood drawn. Is your parents around?" he asked Sinclair sister. It be more useful if they were here.

Snow shook her head no. "I don't know." she answered. "Dad is not here, though I'm not sure with mom." She didn't know how to tell the doctor that their parents have divorced and that it's been 6 years since Snow and Sinclair saw each other. "If he's having a body check up, then I'll be waiting here." she exclaimed with a smile. I though he was just having a cold, why body check up? she thought and sat down on a n empty chair.

Sinclair didn't expect Snow to follow him. After all, he didn't say anything about his illness to his sister. "I grew up with my mother, and Snow with our father." Sinclair told the doctor as he takes the robe from him. "She doesn't know about the leukemia thing, okay?"

After a few minutes, Sinclair followed the doctor to wherever he'll take Sinclair.

"Well I just want to check out how strong his bones are, as well how he's developing with the virus spreading through his blood system." he wanted to make sure Sinclair wasn't running thin. "Its up to your brother if you can stay." he smiled at the girl than look back down at Sinclair charts.

The check up lasted for a few moments. Sinclair obeyed everything the doctor told him. Check ups in magical hospitals are a bit different compared to the muggle hospitals. Well, first of all, the muggle hospital seemed a bit more scientific than in St. Mungo's. Not that Sinclair cares. What he cares about is whether the hospital could help him or not. Snow is just waiting outside, and it seemed that someday, Sinclair would be leaving his sister forever. Now that I found her, I'll be leaving again. he thought, making himself give a painful smile.

[Try not to godmode a lot :) ]

Elliott was done with the brief check up. He repeated what he had stated before, and warned Sinclair to be careful and take cautious of he was going back to school. "Here I want you to take this potion." he gave a vile to Sinclair, it was a potion for when he was feeling weak, its to make the virus slow down its process. This was going to be a difficult case for Elliott, but he made sure the nurses at Hogwarts were very well aware of Sinclair conditions. He already had his assistance contact the school by owl, once again Elliott spoke to him briefly. "The nurses at Hogwarts will be aware of your visits, they already have the ingredient of the potion I just gave you. You will be seen again during breaks. Do you have any questions Sinclair?" he asked the boy, Elliott still feeling sorrow even as he spoke with such ease. It was never easy being a Healer, least Cyndi was aware of it.

lol. actually, the god thing came from an anime i just watched. i think the quote was cute. :))

Sinclair nodded his head, taking the potion. "Well, thank you, Doctor." he muttered, standing up. When he got out, he found Snow waiting for him. "Let's go," he said curtly and walked away.

"Take care Mr. Blaze." Elliott nodded the boy a farewell. Elliott needed to discuss this further more, and possibly do more research. Now in the possession of blood sample, he can finally face the virus that had killed his wife a year ago. This time he will be able to know, and possibly save Sinclair life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back