Check Up

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Making her way up to the Owlery with her usual long graceful steps, she reached it in no time at all. A piece of parchment, her quill and some ink in a small bag she had with her. Wearing her skinny leg jeans and a black tanktop with a grey cardy over the top, she was still quite chilly. The Owlery held a draft.

Sitting down at the place she usually vacated when she was at the Owlery she quickly scratched down a letter.

Letter Home said:
Hi Mum,
How have you been? Ive been great, school is interesting. I have so far met a centaur and a merman. All a bit bizzare, but everything is fascinating. Ive learnt a few spells, like protego and stupefy. Also flying is really fun. I just wanted to send a quick letter to tell you im ok. I know how much you worry. Say hi to everyone for me, including Dad, although i'll probably send him his own letter.

Love to everyone
Taylor xx

Without even reading over it she rolled it up and headed over to an owl, meaning to send it off quickly. She got distracted though, by the beautiful snowy owl hooting for her attention. She gave in and stroked it gently with a soft smile on her face.

Toni decided that maybe she should write Amanda to tell her the recent events. After all Toni needed someone to talk too and Wednesday was no where to be found. As well as Toni was having a hard time finding Beau, though she doubted that he really wanted to hear about her problems anyway. He's probably moved on Toni thought as she walked up the stairs to the owlery a quill, ink and a piece of parchment in her hand. She was just going to write the letter up there, it was so much easier.

As Toni reached the top of the stairs, Toni saw Taylor. "God I swear I always have to bump into someone up here" Toni said a bit coldly. She was not in the mood to talk to this Gryffindor. After the whole thing with Sam, and then that dumb mermaid, Toni wasn't in the mood for any conversation though she could take her anger out on someone. That was always an option.

Leaning up against a wall. Toni began took out her items ready to write her letter.

Turning to a somewhat familiar voice Taylor put on a huge smile, just to annoy the blonde Slytherin. "We meet again, in the same place i see." She smirked. Taylor wasnt really in the mood for company, but she was bored, she supposed Toni could cure that boredom. An argument would no doubt take place, Taylor knew that.

She turned back to the owl, wondering if Toni would say something. Taylor smirked to herself knowing Toni secretly couldnt resist a Gryffindor bashing. Deciding she may as well send the letter, she attatched it the the owls leg and told it where to go. The owl stuck its head out expectantly and Taylor stroked the back of its neck for a moment, before letting it fly off. Taylor kept her back to Toni and watched the owl fly away.

Toni began to write her letter not paying attention to the peppy Gryffindor. As she tried to think about what to write and make sure that it was only for Amanda's eyes and no one else in Toni's annoying family. As she dipped the quill into the ink Toni began to write.
Amanda,
Hey this letter is for your eyes only so don't like Miley trick you into handing it over. You are the only one I miss sort of. God my roommates barely speak. It's odd. Though the whole boy problem go worse. That one cheated on me. Yeah I know. One some ugly fake blonde nonetheless. So I broke up with him, but I am sort of unsure now. Not that I can do anything about it anyway but still your advice would be nice. I met a mermaid. He was evil. That's something to keep in mind when you come up here watch out for the mermaids and probably don't mention my name either. Other than that classes are good. It's a bit boring yet drama filled all at once. I wish you were the one coming next year instead of Bailey, Skye and Madison. I don't know how I am going to deal with them when they come up. Well write me back. Right now I have to talk to a dumb Gryffindor. I have to get my anger out somehow.
Toni​

Toni folded up the letter and put her writing materials away. "I swear you are just stalking me" Toni said rolling her eyes at the Gryffindor girl as Toni wrapped the letter around some cute owls leg. "To Amanda" she said as she watched the owl fall off. "Come to give me some other lovely advice that won't work" Toni said coldly. Though she couldn't blame Taylor for anything Toni wanted to. After all Taylor had told Toni Sam was a good person and look what he did. At least Toni could admit that she wasn't a good person.

Taylor stayed silent as she heard the scratching of a quill, she watched the owl fly away for some time, until it was nothing but i tiny speck in the sky. Taylor no longer heard a quill so she turned around to see Toni sending her letter off.

"Oh yes, beside the fact that i was here before you, i completely see how im stalking you." Taylor said sarcastically, but not coldly. "No. I came to deliver a letter. Have you come to pick a fight?" She sent the remark back at Toni, in an indifferent voice, also adding. "Vent some anger? Im up for it." She shrugged.

Glancing at Toni properly, Taylor could tell straight away she had more problems. Taylor wouldnt even press the subject. This girl obviously had issues, Taylor couldnt wonder why, she knew with an attitude like Toni's it was no wonder the girl had problems.

Toni wished that the owl would return with the letter from Amanda right away. As much as Toni said she hated her sisters and brother, Toni actually cared for Amanda. After spending eight years in the same room as the girl it was hard not to actually like Amanda's kind nature even if her and Toni were completely different.

Turning away from the now gone owl, Toni just rolled her eyes. "Whatever then I guess you just stay up here all the time. Making friend with the owls like that freak of a gryffindor" Toni said her voice not as cold. For some reason she was having a slightly hard time building up anger with Taylor when really she just wanted to kill Jenna at this moment.

"I obviously came to deliever a letter as well" Toni said wondering if picking a fight was really helping It wasn't hurting She thought. "And I don't need to vent any anger" Toni said her tone cold though a bit of hurt seemed to find it's way. "not to you at least" Toni said.

"I actually only came up here about five minutes ago. I was trying to get my letter writing done as quickly as possible, but you showed up. Isnt that wonderful?" Taylor put on the biggest cheer-leader-like-squeel she could possibly manage just to annoy Toni. She thought she was peppy, she would show her.

After a short moment she realised, she didnt entirely want to annoy Toni. Who knows why? The girl was nothing but a brat, but the idea of annoying her wasnt really as thrilling as she thought. She sighed slowly, trying to release everything through that one sigh alone. "I wont annoy you." She said slowly and softly, there was tension filling the owlery and it was all coming from Toni. Then the hurt that came through in her voice in her last statement made Taylor realise. It doesnt matter how much of an evil Slytherin she is, she still has a heart.

Toni couldn't help but picture Taylor as one of those annoying cheerleaders back home that Toni was only friends with so that she would seem much more popular. Though right now Toni wasn't in the mood. "God I swear you were a cheerleader in another life" Toni said as she pushed back her hair behind her ear.

Though as Taylor said she wouldn't annoy Toni, Toni let out a small laugh. "I don't think you can just stop being an annoying peppy gryffindor on command" Toni said her voice not cold though yet still anything but friendly. "well you dont' have to stay up here with me" Toni said "I mean go hang out with some of your just as annoying friends" She said trying to be cold but finding it rather hard.

Taylor wanted to laugh at that, but kept it in. Instead she shrugged and stared blankly at a spot on the floor over the other side of the owlery. "You would be surprised." Taylor said absently when Toni said she couldnt turn off the 'peppiness'.

Taylor thought about what she was going to say for a moment, but then decided she would say it. "I could just leave, then you would be up here to think over your many thoughts by yourself. Or, i could stay and let you take out some of the frustration your feeling, because unlike most others im probably not going to care what you say to me." She shrugged, meaning it. Taylor really couldnt care what others had to say to her. There were only a few things that could really dig under Taylors skin, but people rarely found out what those things were.

"Id also prefer not to hang out with my annoying friends. Like you said, they can get annoying." She said pretty honestly, considering. People were starting to annoy her sometimes. Of course she loved all her friends, but there was only so much she could take.

Toni shrugged. "I don't think too many things could surprise me anymore" Toni said though it had meant to be more of a thought. Not that Toni cared what she said to this girl. After all Toni rarely saw in her classes and now that Toni and Sam were no longer and item, Toni didn't have to worry about offending anyway. Almost like freedom but at a cost that Toni had not yet come to the terms of.

How can this girl be so nice Toni thought thinking that it was partly sickening and than sort of enjoyable. Taylor reminded Toni of Amanda in a few ways. Though no one would ever be as oblivious and overly giving as Amanda. "oh I don't want to take my frustration out on you, but if you point me in the direction of that ugly excuse for a blonde Jenna I might be in a better mood" Toni said her voice growing colder than it had been for awhile. Jenna had ruined everything and now here was Toni left alone when Jenna probably was playing the nice act and got Sam back.

"Well at least your friend tastes aren't so bad "Toni said wondering who Taylor really did hang out with. Doubt any one you would consider a friend Toni thought as she leaned up againt the wall once more. "Obviously you know I have issues otherwise I would come up with plenty more comments here. How the heck do you stay out of the drama" Toni asked for once really wondering if it was ever possible for her.

Taylor hummed her agreement absently. Changing her gaze to the ceiling instead of the floor. Even if Toni wouldnt allow Taylor to openly help her, Taylor had some back alleys she was willing to take to at least relieve Toni of some stress. Considering she was oozing it.

Toni mentioned Jenna. Taylor didnt know her well enough, but she didnt find her the nicest person when they had met, the first time was awkward and she barely spoke to Taylor, the second time she had forgotten who Taylor was completely. She also remembered the tantrum Jenna had thrown in flying lessons. Taylor inwardly laughed. "Ahh yes, Jenna isnt the friendliest puff in the bunch i must admit." Taylor too took a place against the wall, folding one arm around herself and cupping her neck gently with the other.

Taylor thought about who she really did hang out with and who she considered her group of friends. She couldnt really pin-point a particular group of people. She supposed Scorpius was one of her closer friends, maybe Sam. Although she hadnt spoken to him in a while. She really didnt know to be honest with herself.

Taylor shook her head. "Drama is unavoidable unfortunatly." Her spoke quietly, "Ive had my fair share of it, so i havnt been bombarded with it when i came here." Thinking of her parents divorce and many other things that had happened that she didnt want to think about right now.

"oh No Jenna is evil" Toni said for once considering that Jenna was worse that herself. Though no one else would believe it. How could a hufflepuff be meaner than a Slytherin. Well Jenna was walking, talking, boy friend stealing proof that it was possible. "Acts all nice then wam" Toni said clapping her hands together "She goes and steals your boyfriend along with the group of friends you thought you had" Toni said leaning up against the wall her fist bunched up in frustration. Really Toni wasn't sure if Jenna and Sam were a thing yet, but it wouldn't be long. Though in a way it was Toni's fault for breaking up with Sam. But more so it was Jenna's fault for kissing Sam in the first place

Closing her eyes as the thought about how she opened up so easlier. Toni realized that she really had to keep this emotions in check. "Oh well it's not like a care Jenna's not worth my time" Toni said shrugging it off but truly she was going to get even with that twit if it was the last thing she did.

As Taylor said that drama was unavoidable, Toni wanted to sigh though she didn't. She had only believed once this year that she was staying out of drama and later that day she heard that Sam had cheated on her. Maybe drama just seemed to be in her middle name.

Taylor was shocked by Toni's words. She hadnt noticed her jaw had slid open, until Toni had finished talking and she snapped it shut again. She slid down the wall, to sit on the floor, with one leg stretched the other pulled up. "Wow, thats really harsh. You seriously have been in alot recently." She made sure to keep any signs of pity out of her voice, she said it more of a statement. She knew Toni would only snap if she showed her pity. Although Taylor did feel it for her. How could so much happen in such a short period of time?

"This probably isnt going to make matters any easier, but." Taylor started, it was something Taylors mum had always told her and it was something Taylor firmly believed in. "Everything happens for a reason." She said blankly. She then embraced the silence that followed. She took to picking non existant dirt from under her nails as a distraction.

"Just stay away from this Jenna b1tch." Taylor felt a bit harsh for saying it, but something about Toni brought the harsh side out in Taylor. It had always been there, but she made sure to mask it while in front of others. She wanted to make friends, not enemies.

Toni glanced over noticing that Taylor was shocked. Of coarse she was. Who would suspect innocent sweet Jenna to do something like this? Toni had. Toni saw through her act the first time they met when Jenna was still dating Sam. It seemed like ages a go, though really it was not even a year a go. Watching as Taylor slid down against the wall, Toni wished she hadn't said anything. Maybe Taylor wasn't piting her though she thought that it had to be there.

"Well I'll get over it all" Toni said knowing that it would take a bit of time before she was fully over this whole situation but still, Toni was a great actress, she could pull up a front if she had to and she would. Shrugging as Toni too slid down to the floor for once not worring about her outfit getting dirty.

Though when Taylor said to stay away from Jenna, Toni let out a hollow laugh. "That's not going to happen" Toni said her voice almost bitter. "I'm going to kill her" She added knowing that she really wouldn't kill her but at least attempt to give that girl a bloody noise or something. "I still don't get how Sam sunk so low" Toni muttered placing her head on her knees.

The atmosphere had dulled to more of a sorrow level rather than a tense one. It wasnt comforting, but at least it wasnt hostile. "Everyone does get over things in time." Taylor said once again with a blank tone. It seemed the best to use around Toni. Everyone did get over things. Sometimes you just had to put up with some pain before things could get better.

Taylor let her own laugh slip through her lips at Toni's remark about killing her, but it stopped instantly at the next comment. Taylor wasnt sure what to say, so she thought about it for a moment, before adding quietly. "No one is who they expect to be." Taylor said seriously, but softly. "I thought i knew many people, but everyone has traits they lock away, thinking they wont be noticed by others."

Taylor raised her other leg up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. It was a strange situation. A Slytherin and a Gryffindor sat at opposite sides of an owlery, releasing some of their emotions, while knowing that they wouldnt be passed on. At least Taylor wouldnt tell anyone else about this. There was something unsettling about the whole situation.

Toni knew she would get over it, but not until she showed Jenna up. It was just something she had to do. Yet Toni knew quite well what would happen if she got in a fight with Jenna. Toni would lose. Toni was a nice small girl that had not practice in fighting once so ever. Jenna on the other hand who had brothers knew how to fight. Even thought Toni would just like one swing at her, one good hit and it would all be worth it.

"My luck would be that Jenna already has that idiot Hoshi on her side. They will without a doubt be together so I will end up in the hosipital wing after this whole thing" Toni said stating it aloud made it seem all so much more real. "But if I get a swing at both of them I think I will survive" Toni said smirking slightly.

Toni looked over at Taylor who seemed to find this situation as odd as Toni did. "When I saw you up here I thought I would get a chance to shoot a few comments and get my anger out inside I became an open book. God I am such an odd Slytherin" Toni said letting a small laugh escape her lips. A true laugh that hadn't occured since the night in the tower when Toni ended it.

"Ok on one more serious note can I ask you a question about all this?" Toni asked wondering if Taylor would act as Toni's Amanda even for this moment.

Taylor watched as Toni thought about the situation. She then listened as Toni talked about Hoshi and Jenna. Taylor didnt know who Hoshi was so she just kept listening, Toni saying she will probably end up in the hospital wing. "Hard core enemies i must admit." Taylor tried a joke, now that the room wasnt as tense. "But you know, there is a difference between doing something for the sake of it and doing something because you have a good reason to." She said seriously, her eyes up the roof as she tipped her head back against the owlery wall.

Taylor laughed herself. "Your not an odd Slytherin, your just a normal person." Taylor shook her head and finally looked over at Toni. She then asked if she could ask Taylor a question, Taylor was a little shocked, but nodded her head once anyway. "Fire away." She said, though it wouldnt really help.

Toni couldn't help but have smile appear on her face when Taylor stated that they were hard core enemies. "Well Hoshi already tried to take a swing at me before school even started. Something about calling her a blue haired freak" Toni said smirking as she remembered that day. Luckily this ravenclaw named Jake saved Toni but still it was funny. Though now Hoshi didnt' have blue hair, but green. Still to Toni she was still a freak just a green haired freak now.

"There is a reason to" Toni said as she ran her fingers through her hair. There was a reason to right? Though as Taylor said that she could ask a question Toni took a deep breath. "Well I broke up with Sam because he cheated on me with Jenna" Toni stated "Though he didn't break up with me when I kissed Beau" Toni said looking down at her shoes that seemed to have a small dust mark on them. Cleaning off the mark Toni continued. "Did I do the right thing by breaking up with him?" Toni asked not knowing if she wanted to hear the answer.

Taylor laughed. "Blue haired freak? She wouldnt happen to have bright green hair now would she?" Taylor remembered seeing her in Potions class and a few places around the school. Definatly not the best choice in hair colour, Taylor had to admit. "But wait, she tried to hit you? Before school even started? Arent you the popular one." Taylor said jokingly, a little shocked but not entirely.

Taylor wanted to shake her head. Did Toni just say Sam had cheated on her? Wow, that definatly doesnt sound like Sam. Taylor could see someone like Toni cheating, but Sam was a different question. "He did break up with you though." Taylor said evenly, not wanting to sound hurtful, but still wanting to get the message across. "He is just too much of a nice guy and he obviously did care about you. But to turn around and try and break down the trust that he had so eagerly built back up, there is obviously something not right about the relationship." Taylor had always been good at advice, everyone told her so. She just never thought she would see the day when a Slytherin was asking for it.

"I think you did the right thing. There was no point going on pretending your relationship was perfect, when both of you knew what was really going on." She wanted to say something else after that, but thought of nothing else. She thought it best to leave it at that. She looked down at the ground in front of her, not daring to see Toni's reaction.

"Oh yes she had envolved from blue hair freak to green haired freak in the matters on one dye job" Toni said smirking slightly. If Hoshi was here she would probably hit Toni right now, though Toni was one to like to say things when her face was not in danger of a huge black eye. "Yeah she tried to hit me. Kicked me with her skates on though" Toni said shrugging but really there was a bruise from that for two whole weeks.

Though when Taylor said that Sam did break up with Toni, a frown found it's way to her face. "Well his break up only lasted minutes" she said wishing that Taylor hadn't said that. "I still blame Jenna" Toni said thinking that maybe it wasn't entirely Sam's fault. "Maybe if I make her life so awful she'll move and everything will be right again" Toni thought a smirk appearing as her mind began to rush with thoughts.

As Taylor said that she thought Toni did the right thing, Toni let out a sigh of relief. That was something she had been worrying about for the longest time. "At least someone else is on my side even if it's just peppy gryffindor" Toni said thought this time she flashed Taylor a smile.

"You should totally be one of those people that sit in the big chairs and just repeat 'now how does that make you feel?' " Toni said laughing a bit. "You'd be great at that"

Taylor laughed a proper laugh at Toni's remark about Hoshi. When she checked the atmosphere, she no longer found it tense, in fact it had completely cooled almost. Just down to a dull sadness coming from Toni. "Geez," Taylor explained at Hoshi's violent behaviour. "Agressive much? All you did was comment on her choice of hair." Taylor let out a snort of laughter.

Taylor didnt know if getting back at Jenna would make a difference. Although if Taylor was in Toni's position she would probably feel the same way. It was just something people did when they were hurt, blame others. At the peppy Gryffindor comment Taylor had to laugh and was caught of guard when Toni gave her a smile. Had Taylor finally managed to break down the Slytherin barrier? She shook it off, she couldnt tell just yet.

Taylor smirked. "My Mum used to say that to me all the time, still does to be honest." She smiled thinking about her Mum, whom she missed terribly. "Whenever she had a problem i always used to help her, but when she felt better it was a never ending chain of 'and how to you feel about that?' Used to drive her insane." She shook her head.

Coming back down to a serious note Taylor looked up at Toni. "This problem will go away, you just have to stick with it hurting for a while. Trust me i know how this feels more than anyone." She wouldnt admit to Toni that she had been in almost the same situation, but she had and it had hurt, probably more than anything else that had happened in her life. It was a harsh thought knowing someone else was feeling that pain and that they were sitting right in front of her.

Toni smiled slightly "Yeah she is one Slytherin that you really don't want to piss off" Toni said thinking how she wished she had known that before hand. Well actually even if Toni had known that before hand she would have acted that same. It was like Hoshi and Toni were just meant to never get along which was surprisingly ok with Toni. Toni was starting to get used to the fact that she had enemies. It was fine with her. Made life more interesting though right now Toni wished life was a bit less dramatic.

Toni let a small laugh escape when Taylor said that her mother told her the same thing that Toni had just commented on. "Well great minds think alike I guess" Toni said Yet for some reason Toni could sense that Taylor understood a bit more than she lead on. "Don't tell me you've been through all this before." Toni said thought it was sort of a question wondering.

"Ill keep that in mind." She didnt laugh, but there was a small smile on her face. Taylor reminded herself to stay away from the girl with crazy hair. She sat in silence for a moment and almost didnt hear Toni's next comment. Snapping out of a buzz of thoughts, just in time to catch her words.

"You could say ive been in a very similar situation. So i know how you feel." It was true. Taylor didnt want to repeat the story and she didnt think Toni would want to hear it anyway. "Mine was more family orientated than just friends." She said simply, that was probably
enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back