Check it out.

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford walked down to the Forbidden Forest, and Sophia walked beside him. He stopped at the edge and peered into it. All the light seemed to be sucked away within five feet of the edge. He turned to Sophia, "I've heard that a giant and a herd of centaurs live in here from others around the school, what do you think?" There was no fear in his voice or demeanor, just curiosity.

Sophia stopped as Ford did, peering into the forest. She turned toward him as he questioned her, and she considered her answer. "I think we'll never know if we don't find out." With this she stepped forward into the forest, wondering what things they would find.

"Excellent idea," Ford replied, and followed after her.

As they stepped into teh first row of trees, the light dimmed significantly. Most of the light came from the grounds behind them. Occasionally a bird would fly off at their approach, or a small animal would scamper away. But they met nothing more than that for about fifteen minutes.

Suddenly Ford spotted something on the ground, "Hey what's that?" He stopped and crouched down on a pathway, and examined the dirt, "Hoof prints. I guess there are centaurs here. You want to follow them, or go another way?" He asked Sophia.

Sophia stopped at the sound of Ford's voice. She took out her wand and exclaimed "Lumos," lighting the tip of her wand. She walked over to where Ford was and examined the tracks he was looking at. "I don't think we should follow them, centaurs are not fond of humans. Let's go this way." Sophia walked off in a different direction, her lit wand out in front of her.

Ford, previously unaware of this information, pulled his wand out and became more wary of his surroundings. His usual cocky stride became confident and quiet in dark of the forest. He strode side by side with Sophia, wand at ready. As they moved further into the forest, it became darker and quieter. For a while they did not meet anything. Then there was a crunching of leaves to their left.

"Over there," he motioned with his wand, "Lumos." Just beyond the light of his wand was a small horse-like creature, but skeletal. It came up to his waist. "What is that?"

Sophia stopped at the sound of the noise, looking and pointing her wand toward the source. She looked over where Ford was looking, but she saw nothing. She looked at Ford to try and see if he was looking somewhere different from where she had been looking, and looked over again. "What is what? I don't see anything."

"Right there," Ford motioned again with his wand, "It's a horse like creature. Standing about ten feet from us, by that bush."

The creature was watching them curiously, but made no more toward them, "It's rather small, like a young...whatever it is. It's skeleton is on the outside too."

Sophia looked as hard as she could. She even stepped toward where Ford was pointing, but she still could not see anything. She turned back to Ford, at a loss. "Maybe we should head back to the castle."

Ford considered this for a minute, as Sophia stepped toward the creature it scampered backwards into the darkness.

"Alright, lets go," Ford finally said, and he turned back the way they came.

Sophia followed after Ford, a bit spooked. She felt relieved as they came out of the forest and back onto the grounds. It was as if someone had suddenly turned on the lights. She said "nox," to extinguish her wand, shook herself a bit to get the feeling of the forest off of her. After a sigh of relief escaped her lips, she turned to Ford. "I need to get some reading done. Will you accompany me back to the common room?"

"No problem, we'll go back," he said, secretly relieved to be out of the domain of the creepy horse-thing. He pocketed his wand and began moving towards the castle with Sophia, "Want to study for class together, too?"

Sophia walked beside Ford toward the castle. "I actually wasn't going to study for classes. I wanted to look more at my book, and I also have some things to do for the club."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back