Chatting

Alice Hills

OOC First Name
Kate v.1 [Main]
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Alice sat down on a bench. She was in a very good mood. Her parents had just left her and the excitement of this new world was buzzing around her like a swarm of bees. It was just so..... Magical! The shops, the drinks, the people, everything! She decided that she would soon go looking for things she may need for the coming year and to make a list of where to go, to make it easier for her to finally buy her things once she had the money and was sorted into a house. She knew a little from the houses mentioned by the witch that came to deliver the news to her. Dwelling on her future house, she didn't realise anything going on around her. She jumped suddenly, as someone sat down next to her....

Fayt was wandering around the brightstone village, alone... well, supposedly, he was with his sister, but knowing his sister who is rather hyper and unpredictable, he had let her wander on her own but not without having her promise him that they'll meet at the bench witch is right near the lamp post near the entrance of the village.

Fayt, being rather bored with his surrounding, had plugged his earphones and started to play some music form his Ipod, the one that was given to him by his sister on their last birthday. Fayt was a half-blood and he lives in the muggle world so he's used with the muggles things as well as the magical ones. Not really minding his surrounding, Fayt plopped down on the bench in their meeting place, and as he did so, he brought out a book from his bag, not really noticing the person who happens to be sitting right beside him.

Alice smiled at the boy who appeared next to her. He seemed about her age so she decided to start up a conversation with him. "Hi, are you going to HNZ this year?" She asked brightly.

Fayt, being Fayt, is not really paying any attention to his surrounding. He just sat there on the bench, listened to some music, and read his book peacefully. Everything seems to go along just fine when he finally took notice of something, or someone who just happened to be situated just beside him.

And Fayt, being Fayt had turned to look at the said person, not taking his earphones from his ears, and so, he can barely understand what the girl had just said. He can only make out the words HNZ that had escaped from her lips. Raising an eyebrow, Fayt removed the earphone from his left ear. "Pardon, what did you just say?" He asked with a slightly confused tone as he continued listening to his music while also waiting for the girl to answer back.

Alice sighed. This boy didn't seem to be too sociable. "I just asked if you were going to HNZ this year." She repeated, trying to be patient. She looked at him, trying to work out what sort of person he was. Normally, she was quite a good judge of character but this boy, well he stumped her. She turned to hear his reply, still trying to work him out.

OOCOut of Character:
I hope you don't mind. :)
Mai was still looking for a place to stay. There really were a lot of inns in the city, but she couldn't quite seem to like any of them. She wanted a bigger space. A place where she can read her books with no disturbance. A place where she can move freely.

So Mai decided to rest for awhile. "This Brightstone place seemed a little too crowdy today." she whispered to herself and continued walking. She saw a lot of weird looking people in this place, though not as weird as Bleak Street. People here, at least, didn't look creepy. After a few moments, Mai found a rather big bench just across the street. Two kids her age were sitting there now. "I wonder if they'll mind if I sit with them. Are they dating or something?" she murmured and walked towards them.

When she was near enough, Mai realized that the two kids were talking, though it didn't seem like they knew each other. Mai stopped just in front of them, waiting for them to take notice of her. She smiled. "Hello. I'm Mai, by the way. Can I sit with you?" she asked and waited for their reply.

OOC:No, of course :p

Alice smiled warmly at the girl who approached. "Hi Mai, its nice to meet you. My name is Alice." She turned to look at her company. "Yes of course you can sit." She turned to Fayt to check. "Are you going to HNZ this year then?" She asked Mai.

Fayt completely removed and turned off his Ipod to at least pay attention to the girl who was currently sitting beside him. He cannot work out if he's the one who had gotten there first or if it was the girl. Since the day had been good for him, Fayt decided to at least be nice. Who knows, maybe the girl would be a classmate of his once the school year starts? Tilting his head a little to get a better look of the girl, Fayt was interrupted by another voice before he can say something.

Looking at the source of the voice, he had noticed that it was yet another girl, probably about their age. And, just like them, all alone as well. The girl asked if she can sit with them and before he can even reply, the girl who introduced herself as Alice had offered the sit. With a sigh, Fayt just nodded his head in approval. It's not like he owns the place after all. "Yes i am attending it, are you?" Fayt asked though he was already sure about the answer, he just want some confirmation whether both of them are attending Hogwarts as well. That is then that he had remembered that he had not even introduced himself yet, but it seems that the others had not noticed it as well.

Alice nodded at the boy who finally showed some reasonable sign of life. "Cool. Do you know what house you want to be in?" She asked gently. "By the way, what did you say your name was?" She asked quietly, trying to remember if he had already said.

Fayt look at the girl strangely, so they were attending Hogwarts as well. It was then that he had told himself that he should be ready to meet them at school once it starts. "No, I don't have any preference, I don't really care, so long as I can watch over my sister, I'm fine with it...." He said unenthusiastically. Fayt doesn't really care where he'll be placed, all he cares about is that he'll be in the house where his sister would be. It was this attitude that earns him the title sister complex from his own sister. "Though I don't think that my sister would be in what do you call that? Sly...slytherin? Therefore, I don't think that i would want to be there.." He added in a know-it-all way. His sister is too kind and to honest to be in slytherin after all, and so, Fayt decided that he would not want to be there.

Fayt furrowed his eyebrows at the girl's next question. So, at last, they had finally noticed that he hadn't introduced himself yet, it's quite amusing. "You're strange aren't you? You're being too nice and you ask lots of question yet you don't know who I am yet?" He said with a light chuckle. He finds the situation kind of funny that's all. "Fayt, that's my name.."

Alice smiled. "Sorry, politeness is something i have been taught since birth." She winked at him. "Its nice to meet you Fayt." Getting some chocolate out of her bag, she offered it around.

Fayt smirked at the girl's reply. He finds it ridiculous how she said that she was taught to be polite since she was born. "Yeah, sure, if you say so.....but I don't think that it's polite to randomly talk to a stranger.." Fayt said with a yawn as he placed his Ipod securely in his pockets.

"Pleasure meeting you too... I guess.." He said as he watched the girl offer some chocolates. He was fond of sweets though he was always trying so hard to not make it so obvious. Nevertheless, he decided to take one, acting like it was not that big deal for him. "I'll take one if you don't mind."

Alice sighed. Some people would never understand. Some people just couldn't take a joke or even make a conversation light. She let him have some chocolate and turned to the other girl. "Do you know what house you want to be in?" She asked quietly. Giving Fayt a cold look she checked her watch.

All this time, Mai was just listening to the conversation. The girl seemed really friendly. In fact, too friendly that she even talked to this guy who seemed lazy enough to know what's actually happening around him. Mai thought the two could be an odd and yet cute pair. She wondered if they'll continue to talk to each other when they reach Hogwarts. "I want to be sorted to Slytherin, if you ask me." Mai said, clearly aware that she was somehow ruining the mood between the two. "They're too much a promise to ignore." She looked at Alice, then to Fayt. Mai wondered what house the two would be sorted to when the schoolyear comes. She smiled at them. "Well, not that I know a lot about them. I'm a muggleborn, you know." Another sort of test. Mai wanted to see how they'll react with that. And of course, there wasn't that much topic, anyway, and she didn't mind telling them her blood status.

"What's with the cold treatment?" Fayt said with another yawn as he noticed the look that Alice had just given him. He actually find it quite amusing, out of all the people that he had met before, the girl was actually different. Usually, he would get a rather desperate or annoying come-back when he decided to say rude things to someone.

Fayt then turned to the girl who doesn't seem to talk that much, it was actually quite unusual that the girl had spoken to them at all. He just listened while yawning occasionally as the girl talked about how she wanted to be in Slytherin. Her last statement however, had caught Fayt's attention. "Muggle born? who cares about blood status anyway... jeez.. too much stereotyping, it's annoying.." He said with a rather bored tone. He never really cared about being muggle born, half blood or pure blood. He never even cared about social statuses, so why start to care now.

Alice smiled warmly at Mai. "That sounds cool. I don't really know much about the place either. I think i want to be in Ravenclaw, but im not sure. Im muggleborn too you see, so i only know the basics that i have been told and picked up from other people." She turned back to Fayt who was questioning her expression. She smiled sarcastically. "What blood status are you then Fayt?" She asked, knowing that it would annoy him, but still, she was curious.

Fayt was quite irked by Alice's question. He doesn't really like talking about blood statuses, he just finds it a nonsensical question. What good would it be if you would discover that the person you're talking to is a muggle or a pure blood? It wouldn't make such a difference if he may say. "What's with it? Who care's about it... I'm half blood..." He said with a rather annoyed tone as he furrowed his eyebrows at Alice. "What's wrong with being a muggleborn anyway..nothing will change even if you become a pure blood..." He added as he looked incredulously at the girls near him. He actually finds it amazing how two non-magical parents had given birth to a magical child. It's quite astonishing if he may say so.

Alice looked shocked. She hadn't actually expected him to answer her. "Well, some pure bloods think that we are below them. They can be really rude about it. Don't ask me why, i don't know but they can." She said with a definite finish. She too, like Fayt wondered why people made such a big deal about things like that when really, they were all magical so what did it matter?

"Jeez.. let them do whatever they want... what's with being so judgmental, for all I know, muggles are much greater than pure-bloods.." Fayt said. If Alice had brought out that topic to him a few months ago, then he would have snapped at her. Fayt doesn't really like those who are judgmental, he himself had been a victim of that because a few months ago, he cannot even bring himself to talk to people, much less, to kids around his age. He's too emotionless back then, but since he had met a few people which he had considered as his friends, he's slowly learning to open up himself. "What's with the shocked look? You guessing that I won't respond at all? jeez, I'm not an empty soul, I can talk..." He added incredulously as he noticed how shock Alice is when he had replied to her question.

Alice smiled to herself at his fiery temper. She was sorry that she had annoyed him but she was finding the whole thing rather amusing. Trying to calm the whole situation, she swallowed her pride, with difficulty, and tried to put the conversation on a better note. "What subjects are you looking forward to doing at Hogwarts then?" She asked, hoping that the change of subject would have a better response than the last.

Fayt smirked as he noticed how Alice had tried to change their topic. It was quite funny for him, how the girl would try to prevent any awkward situation among them. "Subject? Defense against dark arts probably.." He said nonchalantly as he played with his ear phones. He doesn't really have any interest in attending hogwarts, but since his twin would be attending, he too would be. He need to keep an eyes on his twin after all. ""What are YOU looking forward too?" he then inquired, not really expecting any answer.

Alice watched as Fayt smirked at her. She pretended not to notice and replied his question cheerfully. "Im looking forward to charms, HoM and Transfiguration." She said with a smile. These were the subjects she had heard the most about and was looking forward to learning as much as possible. She wasn't really an outdoor person, so CoMC and Flying didn't appeal to her as much as the subjects to do with books.

"Those subjects are pretty boring.. it's all in the books.." Fayt said with a shrug. He's not the type of person who would spend time in studying things that he can learn just by reading. He's more of an application type of student. "But I think transfiguration's bearable.." he then added randomly.

Alice sighed. "But i love reading more than most other things so i think i will enjoy it." She paused, wondering if this made sense. "I think Transfiguration will be great." She said quietly. The conversation had come to an end so she looked at Fayt and at Mai as if to ask for more conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back