Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet sat down by the lake, a little overwhelmed. The Halloween ball had finished, thank goodness. She was glad it was over. Now, all she had to worry about was classwork. And the ever-impending exams.
But she didn't even want to think about that. She just wanted to relax and chat with the others. She kept meeting new people, day by day. Violet found this to be a challenge, but fun nonetheless. Being here really brought her out of her shell.

((I have to go to dinner but I'll be back soon. Feel free to start RPing =D))

Vydráel looked about himself, realising he had wondered onto the open grounds. He saw someone sitting near the lake and walked up beside her. "Hi I'm Vydráel.." he began sheepishly "Can i join you?"

Violet was startled out of her reverie when she heard somebody come over and introduce themselves. "Hey!" she exclaimed. "You can join me, no problem. I'm Violet," she said, extending her hand to Vydráel, "and I think you possibly have the best name ever." Then she blushed. "I hope that wasn't offensive, or anything."

Vydráel took her hand as he looked at her critically, knowing she wasn't joking he blushed and sat next to her, gazing at the lake. "I never really liked my name, my mother always had funny ideas, or so my dad would say" He looked at her again. "why arent you in the hall? i heard there was a halloween feast"

Violet smiled sympathetically. She could imagine that having a unique name like that would be difficult. Although she liked the name. When Vydráel brought up the Halloween feast Violet sighed, and shrugged her shoulders.
"Oh, you know. I'm not that good with festivities and big social events. It's a lot nicer out here, anyway. Why aren't you in there?" she asked, turning the question back on him.

Vydráel blushed again, a deeper red as he looked down "Having my name was bad enough but when people learnt my last name" he paused as he looked up at the sky "i wouldnt get a moments peace there you know, i like my quiet too. I'd rather have a name like violet to be honest, at least i wouldnt sound like a extinct animal" he chuckled

"I don't think you sound like an extinct animal," Violet said, quietly. She smiled. "Yeah, I wouldn't enjoy it much. Too many people, too much tempting junk food, too loud." She laughed. "I sound old, don't I? Oh well, no matter."

((lol, I get teased about my name so much IRL. you have no idea.))

"Hallelujah" Vyrdáel cried. "I guess you can gain a different outlook when someone on the outside gives their opinion." He grinned at her mention of food, remembering his last pig out not too long ago. "Course you don't. My mother and father both love their food, you could never go hungry." He gave her another long look. "It's better to be cautious then not to. I'm still new to all this magic and stuff, half of what they were doing in the hall was a bit much really. I have a lot to learn." He sighed as he lay on the ground

(really? violet's an awesome name and i do actually like my chars name since i made it up :p)

Violet grinned at Vydráel's exclamation, and then listened thoughtfully to what he was saying about the party. "Yeah, it's a bit crazy. The whole magic thing's a bit crazy! Not a day goes by where I'm not completely overwhelmed by everything here." She smiled. "Don't worry about having a lot to learn. We have ages, right?"

((lol, I meant my real name, not Violet. I love the name Violet. =D))

"Hey, don't worry" replied Vydráel "My mum's a which and she never told me about any of this until I got my letter. We can help each other out if you'd like." He gave a sad smile, having reminded himself of the startling news. He gave Violet a wink as he pulled a packet of sweets his mother had given him before he left. "Speaking of unhealthy.. Want one?" He showed her the pack of fudge's.

(whats your REAL name then? :p cant be as bad as jas`n lol)

Violet gasped. "Wow, exactly the same here! My mum's a witch, and I knew nothing about this until I got my letter." She grinned. Now she knew somebody in exactly the same situation as her. "Yep, we'll work out the ways of the wizarding world," she said, with a little laugh. She grinned even broader when Vydráel brought out a packet of fudge and offered her one. "Oh, I'd love one! Thank you very much," she said politely, as she took a piece.

((lol, it's Camilla. but my surname is what I get teased about.))

Vydráel gaped his mouth. "Good to know I'm not the only one." He chuckled as she took a fudge.
"Help yourself, one thing my mother was great at was cooking and baking." He took one himself and slowly consumed it, looking back at the school entrance.
"Strange to think our parents wouldn't tell us about this world huh? I never found the muggle world to be all exciting, annoying and heartbreaking at times but never as exciting as this." He spread his arm out, indicating where they were.

Violet chewed on the fudge, thoughtfully. "Mmm, you're right. This is great!" She grinned. "It is rather odd that they wouldn't tell us. I was so annoyed at my mum when I got the letter and she told me she was a witch. I guess it was because her sister, well, wasn't a witch...but still..." she trailed off. "You're right, though. This world is great! So much better than the muggle world."

Vydráel sighed and fidgeted with his hair. "My mum never told me because she expected none of her children to have any gift. I'm an only child anyway so apparently i had little to no chance" He shrugged as he told her. Taking another fudge he laughed softly. "Been to any classes yet?"

"Way for our parents to have faith in us, hey?" Violet said, laughing bitterly. "We'll show them up." She stretched out her arms. "Yeah, I've been to classes. I'm trying desperately to top the year level, but I don't think I will. Oh well. Classes are really good, though, despite the fact that I'm terrible at using a wand." She sighed, and rested her chin on her palms.

Vydráel giggled at the thought of showing his mother up. "I don't mind, it wasn't really an issue. Just surprised more then anything."
He paused, swallowing his piece. "I'm still new, I was only sorted yesterday, haven't really done anything yet. Still haven't gotten my wand either."
He blushed a little. "Can't wait to start classes though." grinning, he offered another peace of fudge.

Violet smiled, understanding. "Don't worry. You'll get used to it soon, and you'll be able to catch up and stuff," she said, not very coherently. "If you need help with any classwork, I'd be more than happy to help out. Although I guess we're in different houses, so we won't have much together." She took another piece of fudge. "Thank you," she said, warmly.

He gave her one of his few real grins in reply. "Yeah i'd like that, i havent met anyone in my house yet, most of them seem to have already made their groups.. Speaking of which, i should probably head back." He stifled a yawn as he got up. "Great to meet you Violet." Giving her a hug before making way

Violet grinned back. "I'm sure you'll find lovely people in your house. The first years are really nice, they're more than willing to be friends." Violet knew that she didn't really have a group, as such, but she thought that she got on pretty well with everybody. At least, she hoped she did. Vydráel got up, and excused himself, giving Violet a hug. Violet hugged him back. She was really glad to have made another new friend. Now, she had more friends than she had ever had in her lifetime. She smiled, her eyes sparkling. "Great to meet you too, Vydráel. I look forward to seeing you around the place!" She waved at him as he made his way back to the castle, then turned to face the lake once again, staring blankly at the cold water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back