Chasin' the Joker

Drake Damico

Wand
Yew Wand 15 1/8" Essence of Pogrebin Dust
Panting heavily, Drake collapsed into the wall breathless. The alley was dark but wide, wet with rain. His face paint was starting to run. He regained his breath having been more cautious after the Auror's death. He couldn't be sure pf who the Auror's were tracking, but he didn't want to risk getting caught. He was making a break for it. Ideally he would return to New Zealand when the chaos had all died down, but he needed to stay above the water to avoid drowning. The wind howled, creating a creepy atmosphere. His heavy footsteps stampeded through the puddles as he ran, trying to get to the outskirts, back to where he resided to collect some of his belongings, and any evidence of anything that related to Anderson's death. Ever since the Auror was killed, Drake had doubled up with another Death Eater so they could look out for each other. He hoped Adrian was near watching him, as he had a bad feeling about tonight. He couldn't quite pin down what he thought would happen. He whisked his wand out as clouds covered the moon, leaving him in temporary darkness. "Lumos" he muttered quietly, covering his eyes for a moment as he adjusted to the bright light. He quickly moved, using his wand to guide him the right way.

The former Head Auror's death had been a devastating blow to all the Aurors, no matter how long they had been there. Jaken was a little nervous being out in the field, helping out where he can. After a few words with civilians, they had spotted an interesting looking man run, and that made Jaken automatically suspicious. First day actually chasing down some guy wearing facial paint, Jaken wondered if all aurors were going to receive weird cases like these. Then again, some people - since seeing that Dark Mark - could easily be wrong with saying that this man was one of those vile people. The rain from outside wet down the entire area, so Jaken was careful as he ran. He remembered his clumsy moments during school, tripping and falling during Transfiguration with former Professor London. The outskirts where near, and Jaken slowed to a fast pace instead of running, to catch his breath. The clouds left Jaken in darkness, and the wind did not help at all. He took out his wand, and he caused the end to light up with a bright light. That was when Jaken glanced up, to see a figure about fifteen or so feet away. Jaken couldn't see his face, but he yelled out, "Hey! Turn around!" This could be the man, and Jaken had to be sure. His silvery eyes narrowed, hoping that his chase has drawn to a close.

Drake stopped dead in his tracks. They found me already? Slowly he turned around to see a young wizard. He couldn't take the chance. Perhaps he was new? Surely I would have disarmed by now if it was a veteran? Drake decided to grasp the opportunity by both hands. He didn't care if he was a civilian. He hoped he was. He was too "Confringo" Drake boomed his wand quickly pointed in the vicinity of the wizard. He was unsure whether it would hit his target but it would at least give him time to get on the move. Drake quickly ran, turning left and bolting up a flight of stairs onto the roof. Drake overlooked the alleyway, giving his visibilty of his opponent. Drake smirked, the clouds still covering the moon not giving his position away. Darkness covered Drake like a cloak. He stayed on the rooftops, like a predator stalking its prey. He would wait for the right moment to strike. But first he wanted to play a few mind games. Nothing like them to terrify the life out of people Drake told himself. "Who are you? What do you want? Drake enquired looking down at his foe.

So much for this being easy... Jaken dodged the attack, and he glanced to the sides, and the opponent was on the move again. That was a dangerous spell, and to use on an auror? The spell hit a wall, and crumbled brick filled the air. But seriously, where did the freak go? Jaken kept his wand at ready, in case that man was going to attack. This guy, he has to be one of them. He just has to, if he was willing to attack someone who could have been a civilian. Jaken inhaled deeply, and tried to listen. But with the moon being covered, and the alley looking clear, it appeared that the man was gone. However, Jaken could still feel eyes on him, like he was being stalked. Upon hearing that voice, Jaken glanced up, but still saw nothing. So, he was up there...somewhere. Jaken answered, "I'm an auror, and you better get down here before things turn nasty. A few questions perhaps." No need to tell the man his name, right?

"Ooohh an Auror. How fun" Drake exclaimed with delight. His tone had changed. He was not bothered about trying to flee for his safety. Taking down an Auror seemed just too much fun. " I think I will just stay here thanks. This won't take long, I'm sure" Drake said, peering over the chimney to see that his spell had missed. "Ah well, what I always say is what doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger " Drake laughed maliciously. Drake wondered how far he would have to push the Auror until he retaliated. Drake decided to press the Auror's buttons even more. "Reducto" Drake cried, his wand pointed at the wall nearby the Auror. He wanted to scare him before casting any more powerful, even dangerous spells. There was one spell Drake would have no problem using nor would anyone without morals. Drake wanted to extend his fun, and so decided against using it just yet. Also why should Drake have all the fun? He placed his wand in the air. "Periculum" he shouted. Red sparks ejected from his wand, locating his location for Adrian to come and join in the fun. After all a death of one Auror in a short space of time but attempted murder or even better the death of another Auror. Well chaos would rise, people would panic. Heaven. Drake mused. "Had enough?" Drake enquired somewhat sarcastically, sending another reducto curse at him.

Jaken heard the man speak, but his stormy eyes just couldn't locate the man. This was getting beyond annoying. "Just shut up and fight me like a man!" Jaken shouted at the black abyss. Jaken didn't like this type of fighting. Not when he couldn't see his opponent. The former Slytherin had to think of something. Being an Auror was a dangerous job, and he was just getting a taste of it. Jaken prepared for any type of spell thrown at him. Jaken managed to block the spell just in time, but he gave an odd look when he saw red sparks. This was just enough light to see his opponent. Jaken smirked and he had his wand aimed at the figure. He barely blocked the other attack, but he said, "Depends. Obscuro!" The spell was sent flying at the figure. It would block his vision if it was sucessful. Hopefully, it would hit, and if not, then the chimney would get the impact. I just wonder what those sparks were for. I just hope this isn't an ambush! Jaken wasn't sure if he could handle two Death Eaters, if that is what the man was and was summoning.

" The ickle Auror wants to pway" Drake said mockingly. The spell the Auror sent at him missed him, narrowly. He huffed as his position was not a secret anymore. He stood up, watching his step as some slates became loose. "Is that all you've got?" Drake laughed manically. He jumped up and down on the spot like a Madman. Open target or not, there was one thing that gave Drake the advantage. Unforgivable as it seemed, he was positive an Auror would think twice before using one. "I didn't know they recruited infants for Aurors?" Drake said laughing at his own joke. "You seem a bit too young to be an Auror. I thought they put you through vigorous training? Or is it that they're in short supply now that they need anyone they can. But it seems that the Auror level will have depleted tonight after I've finished with you" Drake warned him, the clouds dispersing, the moonlight lighting up the alleyway. "CRUCIO" Drake bellowed, his wand pointed at his foe. He hoped that Adrian would show up sooner or later, to join in on the fun, but Drake wanted to make the final blow, make the killing. Adrian had had the chance to do so with his own father, Drake relished the opportunity.

Jaken growled in his throat as the spell missed. If this guy was as dangerous as he appeared, then Jaken needed more than just training. He was just an Auror-in-training after all. He didn’t have the full experience as Nicolas King or Scott Anderson. Jaken retorted, “I didn’t know they recruited cowards for Death Eaters!” Jaken was just accusing now. He had no proof, nor did he see the Dark Mark. It was all an assumption. The moonlight was on Jaken’s side it appeared. It gave him more than enough sight to see. “I am still in training, and trust me, we are a lot smarter than you lot.” Jaken bit his lip and heard just a few syllables in that spell to know what was coming. He had a few tenth seconds to think, so he acted on impulse. With a crack, Jaken was gone from the alley, having the spell miss him just barely. That was one of the worst spells to send Jaken close to panicking. Keeping his cool, he apparated on the roof, the same one that the attacking man and assumed Death Eater was. Jaken felt his breath heavy in his muscled chest, and he said, “Hey, that’s a one way ticket to Azkaban, scum.” Jaken hurried and aimed his wand at the man, ”Reducto!” Jaken prayed to Merlin that the spell hit or did something or else he could be possibly killed!

Pop Adrian appeared out of nowhere, masked. "Protego" Adrian muttered, with a shark flick of his wand. The foe's spell was deflected and Adrian was successful in defending Drake. He carefully balanced himself on the roof, the slates proving to be a tricky task. Adrian quickly nodded his head towards Drake acknowledging him. He looked back at the opponent, Drake was fighting. "Auror?" Adrian asked, already sure he was. He laughed at the Auror, determined as he was, a trait the Death Eaters valued. Adrian was in no mood to spill young blood if he could avoid it. "Leave now young one. It will only end in tears for your Mother and Father. You have fought bravely. No one will think less of you if you leave now. It is the only way you will get out of here alive" Adrian said coldly. He looked at the Auror, staring at him straight in the eyes. It was a good thing Adrian was wearing a mask, the Auror may know who he was from the Ministry and that would have disastrous consequences for him. "What is your decision?" Adrian asked, after a moment or two. Adrian cast Protego to ensure protection for the time being, whilst the Auror told him of his decision.

Oh sh*t... thought Jaken as his spell was deflected and another one of those masked fiends arrived. "Foolish git. I refuse to leave two Death Eaters out in the public. I may be in training, but at least I have one of the Styx qualities: stubbornness." These two would probably recognize the characteristics other than fighting against them in his father who happened to be an undercover Death Eater. Jaken didn't know this, as he thought his father changed his ways years ago. "I would rather die here than leave a coward." Jaken glanced down at his position, glad that he wasn't slipping nor as clumsy as he was back in his school days. Jaken decided to taught the men a bit. "Aw, I see what is happening here. You had to bring back-up just to take out one Auror, who hasn't done all his training yet. I am sure you have more magical knowledge than me, and are older because I'm not even twenty, so why so afraid of just an Auror-in-training? Can't one of you do the job right?" Jaken smirked, and just hoped that his words won't cost him his life. Hopefully, he could apparate fast enough to dodge a killing curse or anything as strong as that. His Protego wouldn't last against spells that strong and Jaken knew his boundaries.

"Hmmm. No. You have it all wrong. I called in another one, to share the fun. After all they say laughter is the best medicine, and what's more fun than killing an Auror" Drake taunted rhetorically. "But now this laughter will turn into slaughter" Drake laughed. "Isn't it past your bed time?" Drake asked toying with him, even more. His protego wouldn't last long, but then again neither would theres. "Time for round two?" Drake asked. "I think so. Ding Ding Ding. Drake exclaimed. " Here's a wittle spell, to test your training. Sectusempra" Drake aimed his wand right at the twentysomething Auror, hoping that it would hit. He couldn't wait to spill blood, never mind if it was innocent. The Auror had decided to pursue a career in stopping criminals. Drake had pursued a career in obstruct him. "How long do you calculate you'll live. The odds don't look good. We outnumber you two to one, plus our magical knowledge is a lot more wider and varied" Drake hinted, at the use of more unforgivable spells in the course of the duel.

Jaken rolled his eyes, "Save me the freaky taunting and just fight already." Jaken didn't feel like being toyed with, not today. And he wasn't going to use those dark spells. He was too proud for that. Though the spell came flying at him. Jaken heard what it could do, and the spell sliced through the shield. That wasn't the only thing it sliced through. Jaken fell on his back and he felt a large amount of pain hissing from his shoulder. That spell slashed in his shoulder, and Jaken winced at the pain. Little droplets decorated his face, and Jaken had one hand on his left shoulder, and he brought his wand up and he shouted with anger in his voice, "Reducto!" The spell went toward the clown, and the Jaken pointed his wand at the other figure and he shouted, "Stupefy!" Outnumbered or not, he just hoped that one of those spells would at least knock one of them out. Jaken stood back up, but that spell was enough to stain his shirt and jeans with his blood. He needed to get to a hospital, but the adrenaline was rushing through him. Jaken just hoped that the next spell, he would be able to dodge it. From the looks of things, Jaken thought that he might not live through the night; especially if these guys were going to use the Unforgivables.

Ben was scurrying back to his home. The rain had made the walk even more taxing, but the exercise did him good. He needed to shed a few pounds. He stopped in his tracks. He heard some disruption not far head. He ran quicker, his hand on his wand, just in case. He reached the alley, where the noise was coming from and saw a figure on the ground sending a two spells in the air, aiming at a roof. What on Earth? but then Ben realised some people where up on the roof. He saw the person on the floor, and recognised him from the Ministry. By the way he was holding himself, he looked injured. "Are you okay?" Ben shouted advancing towards the scene. "Are you hurt? Do you need help?" Ben asked, recognising that he was an Auror, albeit a young one. Ben cast Protego, running towards the Auror, under the protection of his own spell.He looked up to the roof, rain pelting on his face. "Death Eaters?" Ben asked recognising the mask that one of them was wearing. "Need my help?" Ben asked, not sure how much longer his protection spell would work.

Drake laughed with joy as he injured the Auror. "Play with fire, and you get hurt" Drake teased, unprepared for the Auror's next move. The spell hit the chimney right next to him. Bricks were sent flying, mainly at Drake. They hit him in the face at point blank range. Drake became unbalanced, the grip on his shoes was worn away and the wetness of the tiles didn't help him. He stumbled and descended from the roof. He fell and hit the ground with a crunch. His face taking the impact of the fall. His breathing was now heavy, laughing at his own clumsiness, even though it had cost him. His ribs had broke, as had his left leg, both results from the fall. The foundations of the chimney started to wear loose, falling bit by bit, before gravity playing its part and they fell off the roof onto its victim. With a dull thud, the bricks fell onto Drake's head, and his breathing stopped. Rain pattered his body, but he did not stair. The Auror had managed to kill Drake.

Jaken couldn't even grin at the figure when he slipped off the roof. Victory was still not in reach because there was another. Another freaking Death Eater was still standing. Jaken was glad that help had arrived, but he wasn't an Auror. That didn't matter. Jaken smiled weakly at the man who came to help him, "Um, yeah, I'll be fine." Though at this rate, Jaken glanced at the blood that he was losing, and by the looks of it, the bleeding slowed, but Jaken had still lost a lot of blood. Jaken would need to be healed at the hospital, but the scar would still remain as it was a magical wound. Jaken took a deep breath and he told the man who came to help him, "Yeah, I kind of do. I'm in a little over my head. One took a face dive, so that one is the last one to deal with for now. Guesses are...this isn't the one that killed Scott Anderson..." Jaken's vision blurred a bit, as he was now staring at the remaining Death Eater. As soon as this one left...or something, he would go check on the other guy. The faint laughter stopped, and Jaken was a tad bit worried if he could have gotten away, or if he needed some help.

"Sure no problem" Ben quickly said, sure that Protego had now worn away. He watched as one of the Death Eaters plummeted to the floor. Ben was about to approach him, but the chimney fell putting the victim out of his misery. "Wow" Ben whistled. "Nasty" he commented, momentarily forgetting about the other Death Eater. "I'm pretty sure he's dead, 'cos it seems he ain't breathin'" Ben said, squinting, the rain pelting him. He then quickly remembered the other Death Eater. He quickly looked at the Death Eater who was up on the roof. Ben aimed his wand at the Death Eater. "Stupefy" Ben said, not wanting to hurt the Death Eater much. He was sure that he would be needed for questioning. Ben waited to see if his spell hit him. Happy days if it did.

Adrian yawned mockingly, casting the stunning spell aside with a little flick of his wand and a lazy little grumble of Protego. His eyes darted towards Drake who it seemed was just lucky that the spell misses. Unfortunately for him it hit the chimney which knocked debris into him and he stumbled, his gripless shoes offering no traction on the slippery tiles. Adrian thought that Drake was lucky to still be breathing until the chimney fell and collapsed on Drake knocking the breath out of him. He looked at his lifeless body before staring back at the other figure trying to help the Auror. Adrian realised who it was. Perfect! He exclaimed in his own musings. Adrian casted protego again deflecting Ben's stunning spell.

"What was that? Weak and pathetic" Adrian retorted snidely. "Just like our Father " he added, seeing if Ben could add two and two. Adrian apparated with a pop.

Jaken did his best to approached the dead Death Eater, before bending down and poking the body with his wand. Jaken uttered, "Whoops. I guess...he is." Jaken bit his lip, feeling the guilt wash over his body knowing full and well that he managed to kill a man. Jaken sighed but he glanced up - finally standing to his full height to stare at the other Death Eater, his taunting threw Jaken for a loop. But he apparated off and Jaken muttered, "Damn it." Jaken turned to the man that Jaken basically owed his life to. "I think we better take...the body to Saint Mungo's, and see if he actually is a Death Eater, or a wanted man or something." Plus, he needed to get his shoulder taken care of. Jaken bent down once more, and he sighed, "I owe you a lot. I'll take this...guy down to the morgue and get him checked out. I guess if you want to, meet us-er, me there." Jaken shrugged and he apparated with the dead body to be examined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back