Charms

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Arianna walked into the Library, clutching her bag. She placed her bag on her table, and wandered over to a shelf. She was looking for a book of spells and charms. Picking up a book named 'Self-defensive spellwork' she carried it back over to her table. Sitting down, she got out ink, quill and parchment, to take notes on the contents of the book.
Notes said:
size=14]"Self-Defensive Spellwork"[/size]

Incarcerous (in-CAR-sir-us)

Sends thick ropes out of thin air to wrap around someone or something.

*To cast: wave wand in counter-clockwise circle and say "Incarcerous".

Blasting Curse (blas-TARE-oh)

Blasting curse which will knock back another opponent. Useful in dueling.

*To cast: Flick wand in three quick forward bursts and say "Blastero". (see above pronounciation)

Petrificus Totalus (pe-TRI-fi-cus to-TAH-lus)

Turns the entire body of the victim rigid.

*To cast: "Swish and Flick" method and say "Petrificus Totalus".

Riddikulus (ri-di-KYOO-lus)

A simple charm requiring force of mind, this spell requires the caster to visualize his or her worst fear in an amusing form while reciting the incantation. When performed correctly, this forces the boggart to take on an appearance which will inspire the laughter that forms an effective defense against the creature.

*To cast: A straight forward thrust and say "Riddikulus".

Conjunctivitis Curse

A spell that affects the eyes and vision of the target.

*To cast: Two wand movements forward, one back, and say "Conjunctiva".

**Defensive Charge

A charge like that of electricity runs through the body of a wizard with this automatic defensive spell.

*To cast: No incantation needed; this is an automatic response, but one that has to be focused upon in order to learn and become automatic.

Defensive Charm

This is a spell to defend the caster; creating a shield in front of them only momentarily.
*To cast: Move your wand counter clockwise and focus your thoughts onto imagining a force firld around your body. This is a rather difficult charm and not mastered easily.

Expecto Patronum (ex-PEK-toh pa-TROH-num)
"Patronus Charm"

Conjures a Patronus, a silvery phantom shape, usually that of an animal, which is the emodiment of the positive thoughts of the caster. A Patronus will drive away Dementors.

*To cast: Bring wand up in straight line from waist, pull back to ear, then make a wide loop out and to the front, saying "Expecto Patronum".

Expelliarmus (ex-pel-ee-AR-mus)
"Disarming Spell"

Causes opponent's weapon to fly out of his or her hand.

*To cast: A quick flick of the wand and say "Expelliarmus".

Hex-Deflection

A form of magic or class of spells that defend the caster against hexes.

*To cast: Rather complicated because it is a nonverbal spell and requires caster to focus on returning whatever is cast upon you.

Homorphus Charm

A good charm to use against a werewolf. Forces a werewolf to either change back into human shape or as preventative measures to not change into werewolf. A mysterious charm that has no incantation or casting directions.

Impedimenta (im-ped-ih-MEN-tah)
"Impediment Curse", "Impediment Jinx"

Stops an object or slows it down.

*To cast: Forward motion with wand and pushing motion with wand-less hand while saying "Impedimenta".

Locomotor Mortis (lo-co-MO-tor MOR-tis)
"Leg-Locker Curse"

Locks together the legs of the victim, making him or her unable to walk.

*To cast: Basic "Swish and Flick" movement and say "Locomotor Mortis".

Protego (pro-TAY-go)
"Shield Charm"

This spell creates a magical barrier that will deflect hexes thrown at the caster.

*To cast: Up and down wand movement and say "Protego".

Stupefy (STOO-puh-fye)
"Stunner" "Stunning Spell" "Stupefying Charm"

Renders the target of the spell unconscious; this spell hurls a bolt of red light.

*To cast: Basic "Swish & Flick" movement and say "Stupefy".

Arisa stroled down the hall way, she had heard Ari was back and Arisa was excited to see her. Just then Arisa walked past the library and saw Ari picking out a book. Arisa rushed in, "Hey Ari!" Arisa whispered excitedly. She noticed the charms notes "ew notes" she said.

"Hey!" Arianna said in an excited whisper, asting a glane over her shoulder at the librarian. She laughed quietly at Arisa's comment. "No way, Chrms s the best!" She pulled her wand out of her pocket, and pointed it at a random book. "Accio book" she muttered. The book flew off the shelf, and over to their table. Arianna caught it, and looked it over "Hmm, Dragons" she said in a light voice. "See, Charms are very useful" she said in a mock wise voice.

Arisa laughed a little "I'm more of a transfiguration girl my self" she admitted. She tapped the book in Ari's hand three times "Gemelitiar" she said, the book turned into a little box with a dragon carved in it and emeralds ingraved in it "ooh thats pretty" Arisa said admiring the box.

"Cool, that has to be second or third on my list" Arianna said with a smile.
When Arisa turned the book into a neat little box, Arianna exclaimed "That's so cool!" She realised that was probably being too loud for the library, and looked around, glad the Librarians weren't around.
"Do you know the counter spell for that" she asked, a little worried.

"yep" Arisa said changing the box back into a book. "Its kind of funny, I think I'm the only one in our class who loves transfiguration just because the want to be an animagus" She whispered "although, being an animal would be pretty cool" she said, she paused for a second before laughing. "what do you think your animal form would be?" she asked a little curious.

"Yeah, it would be cool" Arianna said, leaning her chin on her hand, and looking out the window dreamily. She could just imagine herself running faster than she thought possible, or diving deep down into the lake without needing to take a breath, or flying past the window she was looking through right now.
"I'm not actually sure" Arianna said, frowning slightly."What do you think I'd be?" she asked.
"And what do you think you'd be?" She asked.

"hmm" Arisa thought for a moment "well your really gental, and kind, but also strong minded" she repled "I'm going to have to say goat or lamb" she replied with a small chuckle "you would make a cute lamb" she patted Ari's head. "as for my self, not really sure, my personality is ever changing"

((This picture is very Arisa-like!))
Arianna laughed "I'll be a nice big mamma-goat!" she said, giggling at the thought of her eating grass.
Arianna looked Arisa up and down, trying to figure out what she might be "I think... You'd be a hummingbird. Because you're quick, and bright" She knew it wasn't a very good description, but that sort of thing was hard to put into a short sentence.

(( lol yes, yes it is :p for some reason this defo reminds me or Ari))

"Thanks Ari" Arisa replied with a smile, "We need to hang out more, we hardly see each other any more" Arisa said with a small frown. "so whats the latest gossip?" she asked itching to hear something new.

((Yeah, that site has good photos!))
Arianna smiled "Yeah, we should!"
She laughed "Me? Gossip? I don't think so!" she said. Arianna had never really been up with the times. She twirled her wand around in her fingers, itching to learn more Charms.

"aw to bad" Arisa replied. She noticed Ari playing with her wand "so what spells do you need to work on?" Arisa asked pulling her wand out tossing it up in the air letting it do a few spins and caught it.

"Well" Arianna said thoughtfully "We obviously can't really practise summoning and banishing spells here in the library, so I think I might work on the marking spell we learnt last Charms lesson" She said, looking for a suitable object to practise on. She placed a random easter egg, that had been sitting on the middle of the table, in front of her. "Alrighty, I need to conentrate..." She murmered, examining the Easter egg, and imagining it belonging to her. Sub-consciously, she pointed her wand at the egg, and said "Inflecio Fur" The familiar black mist swirled around the egg, and started to take shape and solidify. Arianna got excited, thinking that she might finally get a shape, but the shape wasn't completely solid, and she still couldn't tell what it was. She sat up, slightly disgruntled and said "Well, it's better than last time"

"woah! what was that?" Arisa asked when Ari was done. She sighed "I really should show up for charms" she added. "Its just, sure doing the spells are great, they just don't interest me, I should just go to muggle school, I really want to be a doctor" Arisa admited "What do you want to be once your out of school?" she asked.

"That's my mark" Arianna told Arisa "It's a kind of... tag, to show that something is yours" she tried explain.
"Yeah, you should come to Charms! It's by far the best lesson!" Arianna said, smiling. "A doctor... Like a healer at St. Mungo's, or a non magical doctor?" she asked Arisa.
"I think I want to do something with magical music, I'm not really sure what, but hopefully something" she smiled.

"Non magical" Arisa replied. She thought the world of medicen was fasinating. "I just think its really interesting, how they heal people" Arisa addec. "you would be good with music" Aisa said with a smile.

Arianna smiled "Yeah, I can't say I'd like it, but you'd be really good!" she said, thinking of big cuts and broken bones. "Thanks" she said, smiling "I love my guitar" she said, comforted, as always, by the thought of it.

"wow, it seems almost everyone i know can play guitar" Arisa replied with a small laugh "all i can do is sing" she admitted

(sorry for the lame posts, but its 5 am :p )

"Everyone has their talents. I can't sing, that's why I play the guitar, to cover up my awful voice" Arianna said with a grin. She didn't really like her singing voice, and sometimes she did play extra loud just to cover it up.

"You can't be that bad" Arisa insisted "singing is easy, all you have to do is keep tune and no one notices if you don't hae the nicest voice, it worked for Johnny Depp when he played Sweeney Todd" Arisa added with a smile. "Now playing guitar, thats a talent"

"Maybe, but I still don't enjoy it. I think things come naturally for different people. Singing for you, guitar for me" Arianna said, though she didn't consider herself a natural guitar player, she just practised alot.

Arisa smiled at Ari, "we need to hang out more, I love spending time with you" Arisa said in a soft voice, "We never talk any more" she added in a sad voice. She hated the thought of moving on with out Ari and Viv they had been her first real friends and would always be her best friends.

Ari nodded, smiling in a sad way
"Yeah, me too" she said, her voice matching her smile
"Especially with Viv" she added, thinking of her best friend. Ari thought about how funny it was that they all slept in the same dormitory, and all got up in the morning,but somehow they never seemed to see each other properly.
"We should arrange a... get together" she suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back