Charms Practise

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Arianna had just finished her sixth Charms lesson, and was slightly depressed, because now she was going to have to wait a whole week for next lesson. Brighten up she told herself. She decided to practise, and walked slowly down the third floor corridor, peering through every door that lined the corridor. When Arianna finally found an unused classroom, she ran inside, excitement starting to build up inside her. She put her bag down on a desk, and took out her wand, quill, ink and parchment.

Arianna sat down at the desk, placing her bag on the floor. She then proceeded to write down every spell they had learnt so far, and the effects of each one.

Charms Notes said:
~Lumos: A spell igniites the tip of your wand
~Knox: Counteracts Lumos
~Winguardium Leviousa: Levitates objects
~Accio: Summons an object
~Depulso: Opposite of Accio, sends an object away
~Everte Statum: Stronger version of Depulso
~Inflecio Fur: Casts your own individual mark on an object.
She knew they were brief notes, but she had memorized them all already, so she didn't feel the need to launch into too much detail.

Rummaging through her bag, she pulled out a quill, and out of her pocket, she extracted the wristwatch she had been practising with in class. She placed them on the desk, to use later. She picked up her wand and held it in front of her. "Lumos" she said simply. A bright light appeared at the end of her wand. She gave it a little flick, and muttered "Knox". The light dissapeared as quickly as it had appeared. She smiled, and practised the two spells again and again, until it became automatic.

Arianna really wanted to move on to the harder spells, but she knew that mastering the basic spells like Lumos and Knox, would give her a good foundation for doing the more advanced spells. She pointed her wand at the quill, swished and flicked, and said "Winguardium Leviousa" The quill was levitated at immediatly, and floated in front of her, waiting for direction. She made it dance and flip all around the room, touch the ceiling, and she even attempted to dip it into the ink pottle, and write something. All that made, was a mess, and she hurriedly ended the spell, and cleaned it up.

After Arianna had practised Winguardium Leviousa for another fifteen minutes, she decided to take a break, before doing Accio. Accio would take a bit more concentration than Winguardium Leviousa had.

Sam had come out of his charms lesson, it was quite interesting but he still hadn't perfected the one from the previous week, Everte Statum. Which annoyed him slightly. Ari, his friend, had left the before him but headed up the corridor Sam was going to call after her to see if she wanted to do some flying practice but she turned into a classroom.

Sam was curious and followed her, he stood outside the classroom anoymously as she practiced the charms. She was good. A small smirk came onto his face as he had a cheeky idea. He took out his own wand and murmered quietly, "Accio wand." Sam had mastered that spell the week they learned it. He was messing around with it for days. Her wand zoomed out of her hand and into his free hand.

He couldn't help but let a small chuckle escape from his mouth as he showed himself. "You ought to be more careful..." he smirked twiddling her wand impressively between his fingers, as he leaned against the door frame.

Arianna felt her wand fly out of her loose grip, and a small cry of shock escaped her lips. She jumped out of her chair, whipping around at the same time. She saw Sam leaning against the door frame, holding her wand, a smirk on his face. "Ya got me" she said, holding her hands up, grinning at him. "But you'd better watch out from now on" she said warningly, giving him a devious little smile.

"Oh, I'm terrified!" Sam laughed in mock horror. He entered the room and gave Ari her wand back. "So whats all the practice for? Last time I checked, you were pretty darn good at the spells." Sam smiled, "I mean- I don't watch you or anything- I mean that..I saw you..and.." He trailed off embarrassed. He ruffled his hair and left his hands on his head just wanting to get into a very large hole and bury himself.

"You should be" Arianna teased. She knew that she probably couldn't do anything to Sam, even if she wanted to. "Thanks" she said, as she took her wand back.
She smiled "Tounge tied today?" she asked, a little bit more gently than usual. "I just like Charms, and like to practise alot" she said, spinning her wand around in her hands.

Glad that Ari hadn't teased him of sorts he shrugged off the whole 'tongue-tied' issue. "Charms is alright I guess.." He said, he liked charms it was one of his favourite subjects. Though he enjoyed potions the most. "Would that be your favourite subject then?" He asked taking a seat quite close to Arianna.

Arianna sat back down in the chair she had been sitting on "Yup, Charms is definetly my favourite" she said "What's yours?" she asked in return "I know you don't like Herbology that much" she said, thinking back to their previous lessons.

"Potions would probably be my number one favourite though Charms isn't too far behind." He said to her. Out of all the lessons that they had so far there wasn't a single one that he didn't enjoy in some way in Charms or Potions. "Oh don't get me started on Herbology." he rolled his eyes. " That and Astronomy have to be the worst." He didn't see any point in learning to plant things and learning about stars.

"Yeah, Potions is good. I saw you turn into a fly last week" Arianna said, with a giggle.
"I don't mind Herbology that much, but yeah Astronomy has to be my worst" she said, thinking of the nights in the tower, staring at white dots on a black sky.

Sam laughed, "Yeah that was slightly embarrassing. It was just my luck to pick that one..eh?" He said, he hated the fact that he picked that one of them all. Though some people had it worse than him. "Seriously? Professor Styx is freaky, that whole subject is just blah!" he smirked.

"Oh no, the wings suited you" Arianna said with a grin "You wouldn't need a broom for Quidditch" she said, with a snort. "Are you on the Quidditch team?" she asked, as she realised she had no idea.

"Yeah, Proffessor Styx is a bit... yeah" Arianna said, trailing off. "Though growing our pumpkins was pretty fun" she said, thinking of her pumpkin, which had probably been eaten by now.

"No I'm not." he said sadly, "They never had any try-outs but as soon as they do. I am trying out. You should too." he encouraged her at the end. IT would take a bit more practice for Arianna what with using the balls and all but she was a decent flyer especially for her first day. "Fun? More like boring." he laughed. "Theres not too much point in complaining about it, its not like I have a choice..." He would've loved to be able to pick his subjects.

"No way! I like flying, but I think Quidditch is out of my depth" Arianna said, wide-eyed "I'll come and watch your games though" she promised, smiling.

"Yeah, just be optmistic about it" she said "I think we an choose our subjets for the third year" she said slowy "But I might be wrong"

"Whatever.." he said in response to her saying that quidditch was out of her depth. "Thanks, if I make the team." Sam added, he had forgotten about people actually watching him, cheering for him. The thought made him very excited. He hoped that their would be try-outs next year if not this year.

"No I think your right, I've heard stuff like that." Sam said, "Well, Herbology is definetly going." He laughed third year didn't sound so bad, Sam was looking forward to it. "Its weird, we're almost through are first year isn't it?" he asked.

Arianna smiled "Yeah, it'll be fun. I'll be the first one on the pitch when you get knocked unconcious too" she teased, grinning, but then thought that she probably would be. The thought of Sam being knocked off his broom made her smile fade "You will be careful, right?" she said, a small frown creasing her forehead.

"Our last Herbology lesson was... interesting" Arianna said slowly, remembering the mistletoe picking "I swear I saw about five people make out" she said.
"I can't wait for Care of Magical creatures!" she exclaimed "I don't know why first or second years can't do it, they should be able to"

Sam laughed when she mentioned that she'd be there to see me unconcious, but then she seemed genuinely worried. "A little worried are we?" he asked her with a sly grin. "Anyways, I'm not even on the team. So I won't be unconscious anytime soon." he said. The Sam talked about it the more he wanted to be on the team.

"I know!" Sam said with a certain disgust. "I knew that something like that would happen, I just picked mine as quickly as possible." he laughed, that class sure was different from any other classes they had so far. "Yeah, that seems alright." He wouldn't mind doing Care of Magical creatures, but as Ari mentioned first or second years couldn't do it. "Yeah they should, its not like we're not responsible enough.." Sam trailed off knowing that there were a few in their year that were irresponsible.

Arianna went a little pink "Well, it would be awful to see you hurt" she mumbled, pushing the image out of her mind. "Good, but still" she said, suddenly feeling a little protective.

"Hmmm... yeah same. That stuff is a nightmare, if you're not with anybody" she said, shuddering. "Lucky I can run fast then" she said with a grin.
"Yeah, you're right. It could get nasty, knowing some people in our year" she said, thinking of how dumb people could be around animals.

"Yeah it is." Sam said, even if Jenna was still here he wouldn't have kissed her in front of the whole class. He wasn't that tacky. Sam then nodded, thikning of the girl who had thought she killed Njord. That was a horrible prank. Sam and his best friend Scorpius even got a hrad time from that, for being friends with Hoshi and sticking up for her.

Sam thought it best if they stayed off that subject so he changed it quickly, "So charms. Have you mastered 'em all yet?" he asked her. He hadn't them all perfect. He couldn't do one of them either.

Arianna was glad when he changed the subject.
"Um, well, when I concentrate, I can do them all, except make my mark take shape" she said, a little bit frustrated with the last part. "It's just a black thing" she said frowning "What does yours look like?" she asked.

"Something like this." he said, pulling his wand out again and pointed it at a quill aying around on one of the desks. "Inflecio Fur" Jade coloured shapeless mist circled the quill before disappearing into it. "Yeah it sucks.." Sam got up and pocketed the quill, "Finders keepers." he laughed. "I can't do that other one...the one we learned alongside Depulso.." Sam was fustrated at that fact.

Arianna watched "Wow, yours is a nice colour" she commented, and picked up her wand. Pointing it at her quill, and concentrating on it she murmered "Infleio fur" Again the black mist swirled around the quil, and started to take shape and solidify. It was almost there, but stopped just before she could tell what it was "That's it" Arianna said, a hint of frustration in her voice. She peered at it "Hey, wait, it's not black, it's really deep dark blue" she said. Straightening up, she said "I think you mean Everte Statum" reffering to what Sam had said about the spell that accompanied Depulso.

Sam watched her attempt at the spell, he hadn't seen anyones beside Professor Llyod take a shape yet. Then Arianna mentioned Everte Statum and the name instantly re-jogged his memory. "Yeah thats the one!" he said. "Have you mastered it yet?" He knew many people couldn't get it so at least he wasn't the only one, that'd just be embarrassing.

Arianna gave a small nod "Yeah, I did it in class" she said quietly, not anting to seem like a show off "Do you want some help with it?" she asked looking at him. She was sure he could do it.

"Seriously? Woah..your good!" He complimented her truthfully. He wished that he could just pick up something that easily. When she offered some help with it he shrugged, "Maybe..some other time though. I'm really not in the 'charms' mood right now." he said. "But that'd be great! Thank you" He added quickly but saying the last part more sincerly.

Arianna understood "Don't worry, it would be rather weird to be taught by a friend, I probably wouldn't want to either" she said, smiling.
"Hey, you should come over this summer" she said, then bit her lip, wishing she hadn't spoke. Sam would probably run a mile if he entered her chaotic household. With her controlling mother, and suicidal sister, her house wasn't the nicest place for guests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back