Charms in the Tower

Claude Harris

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Claude looked out the window of one of the towers, and he sighed in happiness as the overwhelming beauty of it all soaked in. He quickly slipped his wand out, and anxious to try a charm, Claude flicked his wand and said, "Accio!" He precisely pointed at a berry bush at the ground all the way down from he was, and although his wand glowed purple like it was supposed to, the berry bush didn't move. Hmmm... Claude thought, Maybe if I practice a little more. I don't care that I'm not supposed to know these charms, but I have four sister's who have graduated from this school, and they have taught me a lot. I might as well practice for charms class while I can, after all, it IS my best subject. Claude flicked at the ground again, said the same chant, but this time, not only did the wand glow purple, but the bush at the ground sparked purple. Yes! Claude thought, I am getting this!

Snow had just gone out of the Ravenclaw common room and heard someone shouting. Or it seemed that the person was shouting an incantation. Accio. Of course Snow knew that incantation. She had learned it during her first year, though she had to admit that she wasn't paying much attention in her Charms class. She had been sleeping all those time, only waking up when the professor gets her attention. But at least she had passed the subject.

Snow decided to go up the tower and check out who was trying to cast a spell. The flight of stairs was not that far from the Ravenclaw House, so Snow arrived just after a few seconds. And this was when she found out that the one chanting was a first year boy she hasn't met in the common room. After all, Snow didn't like hanging out inside the common room.

Without any more ado, Snow ran to the boy and tapped his back, not realizing that she was disturbing the boy from his practice. "Hey there!" she exclaimed with a childish smile on her face. "What are you doing there?" Of course she was being her too friendly personality again. And her ignorant personality. She waited for the boy's reply.

Claude turned around swiftly from his work, and his wand stopped glowing purple the minute he lost his focus. Claude was such a quiet and awkward person that he never really got mad, so he calmly put his wand into his wand sleeve and said, not angered at all, "Oh Hi, I'm Claude! I'm sorry if my loud chanting has disturbed you, but I really have a thing for charms, and I love using Accio is specific. Four of my sister's graduated from Hogwarts, and charms was each of their best subjects. They always used to teach me Accio, even as a young kid. They also tried to teach me to stop rambling on and on about things that don't matter, but that never worked! Oh I'm so sorry, I never asked fro your name! I'm Claude, who are you?" As Claude finished his rambling and incessant talking spree, he realized he once again only made his issue more obvious, by of course, not stopping from talking when he got nervous.

Snow grinned and took the boy's hands and shook them. "Hi! I'm Snow Blaze!" she exclaimed and then let go of Claude's hand. Snow was happy to know that there are actually good guys in the school. Because all those time when she was in her first year, she'd only met crazy people who wanted to either ignore her or hurt her. "Say, Claude, you're a first year, right?And it seemed you're from my House."

sorry. it's too short. :)

Claude lighted up to hear the Snow was in his house as well, so he ecstatically said, "Oh yes! I'm in Ravenclaw! It's a great house really, although the trek up to the towers is hard every day, and they say GRYFFINDORS are brave for going to the seventh floor! It's a great house really, and I love the color blu-" Claude was cut off by his watch's falling making a whistling noise, and Claude jolted around screaming, "ACCIO," very loudly. The bush on the ground began to glow a bright purple, and it uprooted out of the ground. The bush flew up to Claude's face too soon for him to stop it. Luckily, the watch was caught up in the bush, but at the same time Claude now had twigs and berries in his hair and clothes. "Psh.." Claude mumbled as he spit out a leaf. Claude chuckled and joked, "Practice makes perfect I guess!"

Snow nodded her head happily, agreeing to what Claude said about their House. And then he continued talking about Gryffindors. Snow was patient enough to listen to him, although she doesn't really understand why he seemed really energetic. And then suddenly, Claude started screaming the incantation Accio as he turned around. The spell ended up making Claude look dirty, though, and Snow wasn't groomed enough to stop herself from laughing. By then, she stopped laughing and brought out her own wand. It seemed that she didn't have the chance to use it during the vacation, and it felt like an alien in her grip. "Accio!" she said in a half-shout half-whisper tone and then the leaves started glowing. Snow raised her free hand and caught the bush as the spell ended. "Of course practice makes perfect. I myself isn't a good student, in contrast to my big brother who's very talented." There was a bitter look on her face when she said that, but then she smiled again. "But hard work can beat genius, that's why we should always practice." she finished and threw the bush on the ground again. "This time, try to steady your wand and try not to sound panicky." she said with a smile and waited for Claude to start the spell again.

Claude nodded his head, and looked back down the 8 story drop. He looked calmly at the ground as he flicked his wand and calmly said, "Accio." The bush calmly lifted towards him, and he picked a berry, ended the spell, and smiled as he chewed the berry and watched the bush float back down. "Mmm... this blue berry was worth the trouble!" Claude said clearly enjoying the berry. "So Snow, what's your best class?" Claude asked with a blue tongue.

"Yehey!" Snow exclaimed and started to clap her hands when Claude did the spell. She watched him eat the berries and wondered if she can have one too. But as Snow had no manners and the like, she reached for one of the berries and started to eat it. It was delicious. "I agree! It's yummy!" she replied to Claude's comment and finished her berry.

But when Claude asked what Snow's best subject, her smile fell. Snow looked down to the ground as though she was going to tell something embarrassing. And maybe it is embarrassing. "Well... My best subject would be Charms, I guess. But my grade there is low, so I guess I don't have a best subject." she said with a low voice and forced a laugh. Telling that to someone younger than her doubled the humiliation she felt. But then she looked up and made a tough look--that didn't help to hide her childish face. "But I will do my best this year!" said Snow and looked at Claude as she dropped her tough look. She smiled. "We should do our best."

Claude nodded in approval, and he shook Snow's hand. "It was great meeting you Snow! I'm looking forward into running into you later! Have fun with your classes, and don't worry, just a little motivation goes a long way. I hope this year you find a passion, and I'll see you later!" Claude ran out of the Tower anxious to get to his next class. He was happy to meet Snow, and he hopped he would have another fun experience with her like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back