Charms 2:5

Lyra smiled as her students came into the classroom. She stood. “Alright, today we’re going to have a bit of fun with this lesson. Does anyone remember the game of hide and go seek?” She asked. She used to play it all the time as a child with her twin brother, Link. She smiled as the students looked at her in confusion, chuckling softly. "The spell for today is Homenum Revelio. Can anybody tell me what it does?" She asked, calling on a student. She smiled warmly, nodding at them. "Very good, dorogoy, two points for you. Homenum Revelio is a spell that reveals the presence of humans within a specific room or area. The location of the humans or the humans themselves are then indicated by a marker to which only the caster can see,"

Ly walked slowly along the front of the room, looking to each of the students in turn. "Those who have been discovered by the spell are likely to feel something swooping over their head," She continued to pace slowly in front of the class. "Wand movement is just holding your wand out and incantation is Homenum Revelio. Repeat after me,” Lyra ran through the pronunciation with the students a few times, smiling when she was sure they had all gotten it.

“Now, leave your things and follow me so you can practice your spells, do make sure to grab your wands," she said with a small grin and headed for the door, waiting for her students to follow her, a small notebook in her hands. She made sure each student had their wand as they left the classroom, then led them once again to the second floor.

Once they were on the second floor, she turned her attention back to them. "Now. As I said earlier, you'll all be playing Hide and Go Seek. One of you will seek the others for a maximum of five minutes each. And each of you are all given half a minute to hide. If you weren't found by the first seeker, it's alright if you stay in your spot until someone finds you. Just make sure to come out if I am the one who calls out,"Lyra chuckled, wondering how many would be able to survive this game. "Each of you will get to play seeker and for each classmate you find, I'll give you a certain number of house points. Remember to stay on this floor for the game, alright? So, you can be the first seeker," she said with a grin as she pointed to one of the students who was closest to her. "Oh! And all the doors are locked right now. So, good luck. Everybody ready?" she could see that at least some were eager to get this game going. She just hoped though that some of them were smart enough to actually use Homenum Revelio for this little game. It was quite useful for things like this after all, especially since they had limited time to seek. "Go!" she announced. and with a chuckle she supervised the game, making sure to tally how many classmates each of her students found, and adding a few points to the student that never got caught. Soon enough, the last seeker's five minutes were up and with a few reminders, she had sent them off to get their things and class was dismissed.

-limit of three student finds per seeker-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back