Celebrating my birthday in the hospital wing

Lynette Ferguson

OOC First Name
Claireyz
Wand
Apple Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Head lowered, eyes half closed, Lynette wandered shyly into the hospital wing. You'll be fine, she reasurred herself unsucessfully. It's nothing. Over the past few months, Lynette had been scared senseless. She was positive there was something madly wrong with her, though she didn't realize it was as simple as a bad case of claustrophobia. Everytime her heart raced or her vision blurred, she was sure she was dying, but the feelings always passed. Confused and wearing a 12th birthday badge sent as a gift from her Mother, Lynette didn't really feel like celebrating. She was simply here to find out what was wrong with her, and she was dreading the reply. Maybe she had a heart condition? She felt sick all over again considering this and tried to push it to the back of her mind. Her Mother had never mentioned that anything like this would happen to her, and now she only wished she was back at home in her arms.

OOCOut of Character:
Labeled as open, I hope you don't mind.

The hospital wing wasn't a place Yerik Rhys Price frequented. For one, he never really got in the way of too many jinxes and curses in his time at Hogwarts so far. He didn't like fights, usually tried to make peace, but was fortunate enough to only have been hit by a body-bind curse at the most. The curse had been cast to shut him up and wasn't nearly enough to get him to a healer quick. Today, however, the hospital wing was where he was headed, hopeful for a visit the place and just hopefully observe it. The clouds were present in the sky, blocking the way of the sun like ugly, great tapestries that hang in those old, Tudor homes. The sun, stubborn as it was, fired its too bright rays through masses of grey and greyer in an unsuccessful attempt to illuminate the winter dreary. As the young Ravenclaw went in thought the truth was he was actually sneaking in he saw a familiar face inside the room, it was a fellow Ravenclaw. Yerik Rhys approached the girl and looked at her, "Hey, what brought you here?" he asked her.

OOCOut of Character:
Not at all, thanks for joining.

Lynette jumped at the sound of a voice behind her. At first, she hadn't realized he was talking to her, but when she finally turned around, her cheeks flooded with pink. She recognized the boy, but he probably wasn't in her year. Slightly amused that someone was bothering to speak to her, she smiled, her eyes sparkling a little. She looked awfully happy all of a sudden for somebody in the hospital wing. Confessing all to someone she barely new seemed pointless, so she attempted to keep the topic to a minimum. "Hi", was all she managed to say before she forgot that talking was a challenge for her. She shrugged helplessly, and then cleared her throat. "I'm just.. Worried about something," she stated simply and then realized she should probably return the question. "You?" It was immediately obviously that she wasn't skilled in the art of conversation, but he seemed like the kind of boy who would understand her.

The girl somewhat looked familiar as if he had saw her along the hallways of maybe it was along the towers. "Worried about what?" Yerik Rhys asked. Hopefully she wasn't the young girl he heard about, the girl who had Leukemia something or was it Cancer. Which led to Yerik Rhys thought of becoming a doctor when he was young, other than being an auror he also too wanted to be a Doctor and practice the like. He wanted to be a busy person, busy enough to forget the real world that hinders it all. As the girl popped the work You he glanced back at her and shook his thoughts away "Curiosity, I guess." he replied. Yerik Rhys took one step closer and stared at the girl, she was indeed lovely. Then again is she that ill to be here when the fact that she looks pretty much normal to him.

Lynette fidgeted, perching on the end of a bed and holding her hands awkwardly in her lap. She looked down, her face concealed by a mess of hair. Why's he interrogating me? She thought, feeling as though she was about to cry. She needed to get over her fear of telling anybody what was wrong, anyway. Inhaling deeply, Lynette placed her hands on the bed, as her spinning head wasn't making her feel any more secure. "Just.. Some things which keep happening to me. I'm scared there's something really wrong with me. It's stupid, really.." Lynette trailed off, unable to say anything else. She liked the boy's curiosity, but not when it involved herself. She wondered when the nurse was going to turn up, so she didn't have to keep up an awkward conversation.

Aisling had been in the back room, preparing a potion for a bug that had been going round. she'd had a good few children in with a stomach bug in the last few days, and kept having to make more. she'd decided to make a big gatch today, as it lasted well and it meant she'd have more time on her hands.

She heard high voices, of younger students just as she was adding a crucial ingredient. They were talking to each other though, so she supposed they could wait a few moments. she guessed they were younger students, because the older students tended to hea their own wounds-if they weren't too serious. She finished stirring the potion the appropriate amount of times and wiped her brow. It was hot back here, she much prefered her office, light, but cosy, but the potion room was ideal for brewing, when the dungeon was occupied. She wiped her hands on her apron, and poured the potion into phials. Placing them on a shelf she walked out into the wing.

"I'm sorry I took so long." she smiled, her Irish accent warm and welcoming. "I was finishing off a potion for the stomach bug that's going around." she smiled, walking over to the two children. They didn't seem too bad, neither was supporting the other, and there was no cradling of limbs, probably just cut or something. "So, how can I help you two?" she asked, summoning two glasses of pumpkin juice. "Drink?" she proposed, letting them hover in the air in front of the two second years.

(Thank you ^^)

Lynette jumped when a woman - probably the nurse - appeared from a door she hadn't even noticed. She kept quiet as the woman chatted happily to her, though she smiled a little. When she poured some pumpkin juice into glasses, her eyes widened. She'd heard many times that it was foul, so she shook her head slightly. "No, thank you," she said, her voice a mere whisper. She wasn't sure how to start this conversation. Lynette knew there was something terribly wrong with her; she simply knew. And it was scaring her senseless.

Lynette stood up, though she was lightheaded and had to sit back down again. Embarassed, she looked at her lap and closed her eyes. "Some things have been happening to me..." she began, though she stammered. "For example, um, I was in the dungeons and... and I suddenly felt really dizzy and sick," Lynette had to swallow down the scary feeling as she spoke. "And my heart was racing and I couldn't breath, and I'm so scared beause there's something wrong with me!" She rushed the last bit, and then began to cry. Tears streamed down her small pink cheeks and she wiped them away with a sleeve, angry that she had been so weak. "Sorry," she apologized for no reason.

Aisling smiled the girl, and quickly banished the pumpkin juice. "No problem." she grinned, she walked the girl toward the comfortable seats in the corner of the room. "Okay, now tell me what's your name?" she asked, smiling gently. "I'm Aisling." she added, putting her arm around the girl's shoulder- she seemed quite distraught. The girl began to stutter and stumble over her words, scared and muddled. "Okay, now, it doesn't seem too bad. When does this happen? When it's dark? When you're in inclosed spaces?" she asked, rubbing her on her back, and pushing back her hair.

The little girl began to cry. Aisling hugged her close, rocking her from side to side. "Oh, Honey don't be sorry, you've done nothing wrong." she sympathised, pulling away from her and looking into her small little face. "There is nothing wrong with you, now, when did this start happening?" she asked, brushing the tears from her eyes.

Lynette didn't understand. At all. "Lynette Ferguson," she replied warily. She was about to question how there could possibly be nothing wrong with her, when she felt herself in the arms of the nurse. She smelled comforting, and she closed her eyes for a moment until the nurse pulled away. It seemed like the right time to explain. "I... I hadn't really thought about when it happened," Lynette stammed, her eyes darting back and forth as she tried to recall her unpleasant experiences. Just the thought made her throat tight, which made it harder to breathe. Taking a shallow breath of air, Lynette carried on. "I suppose it happens in places I can't easily get out of. But what does that mean?" Lynny was truly worried now. There was obviously something wrong with her, but the nurse wasn't even doing any tests. Was it so bad that there was no cure? Lynette made a tiny, barely audible whimper, trying to hide the fact she was shaking. "Please tell me what's wrong with me! I don't care how bad it is!" she cried, desperate to know. If she wasn't going to have much time left, she at least wanted to know so she could spend it wisely. The poor girl didn't understand that the nurse was right; there was nothing wrong.

Aisling looked down at Lynette, she looked so lost, so lonely. They little girl looked terrified. Aisling was used to that, lost of the younger students were. "Do you want something to eat or drink?" she asked, she kept sweets and drinks, like cocoa, and lemonade for the young students especially. Lots of them liked to have some comfort food, they got so frightened, not knowing what was wrong, and she completely sypathised.

"Not many people do think about when it happened, it can be so scary, not knowing what's going on." she agreed, nodding along with Lynette. She listened to her explanation, and grinned, she knew exactly what this was. "It sounds like claustrophobia." she said calmly, then realising that to Lynette that probably sounded like some dangerous disease she added. "It's a fear of tight, or inclosed spaces-it's completely normal-everyone has something they're afraid of-right?" she looked down at Lynette, glad it wasn't anything serious. "Me for instance-I'm terrified of snakes." she grinned, lowering her voice to a conspiratory whisper. She put a finger to her lips and winked at the little girl in front of her. "Just try some breathing excercises, if you ever find yourself in a position like that." she explained, breathing in and out slowly to demonstrate, she added; "Like this."

Lynette was about to ask what claustrophobia was when the nurse explained, obviously knowing her well already. She listened to the nurse, nodding and smiling a little where nescessary, but she couldn't really take any of it in. She had a fear of tight spaces? Frowning inwardly, she looked into the nurse's eyes. She felt too stupid to take deep breaths in front of somebody, so she sat still instead, just watching the woman's shoulders rise and fall. Lynette was in shock, perhaps because it was much less dangerous than she had imagined. Questions swarmed inside her head, and so instead of answering anything the nurse had just said, she tilted her head to one side and said, "So why do I feel like... I'm about to have a heart attack or something?" she hoped that the nurse would realize she didn't mean right at this second.

Aisling smiled at Lynette, she knew she must be scared, she had seen lots of kids like this. She knew that it was scary, finding out something about yourself that you'd never seen before. She remembered when she'd found that she was adopted it had been terrifying-and she'd been an adult at the time. "Well, it's a reaction, your mind feels trapped, and you begin to panic, they're like panic attacs, irrational, but scary. It's just being scared really, when your scared your pulse heightens, your breathing becomes faster. It's completely normal." she smiled at Lynette, sitting down beside her once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back