Catching Up

Lapis Lazuli

OOC First Name
Jasmine
Wand
13" Willow with essence of powdered lapis lazuli (family heirloom)
Lapis loved the cliffs. Their peaceful windblown freshness made them one of her favourite places in the castle. Today she strolled along the edge, looking over the precipitous drop with caution. It was a good place to unwind after the exams. The day was windier than usual, making Lapis' dark hair stream in front of her face. Through its fluttering strands, she glimpsed a figure she thought she knew. Lapis ventured closer, and before long knew without a doubt that she was right.
"Katie!"

Lapis knew her cousin was at Hogwarts, but she hadn't seen the younger girl since the Sorting Ceremony, and that had been a brief glimpse. Now, she hurried over, relishing the chance to talk to the only family member she didn't have constant disagreements with.

Katie, head tipped back toward the warmth of the sun, felt her shoulders relax. She had been carrying the tension from exams and found it nice to finally unwind. Adjusting her newly purchased glasses with a wriggle of her nose she giggled. The whole concept of wearing glasses was foreign and funny to the Hufflepuff and couldn't wait to show them off properly.

Her eyes flickering in the direction of an approaching figure she felt her eyebrows contract. From this distance the girl approaching seemed familiar, it wasn't until they were right in front of her did she realise why. "LAPIS!" she laughed and stood. Wrapping her arms around her cousins waist she pulled her in for a tight hug. "I haven't seen you in ages! she squealled pulling back and bouncing on the balls of her feet. "What's been happening? What dramatic events have occured lately?" she jabbered quickly not waiting for the answers. "Sit! Spill!" she said dropping to the soft grass and pulling Lapis down with her.

Lapis enthusiastically returned her cousin's hug, laughing as they flopped down on the grass together. "I know, right!" Lapis always forgot how fond she was of Katie's vitality and bounciness. "Dramatic events? How long ago do you classify as lately?" It had been so long that Lapis felt she needed to ask. Without waiting for an answer, she ran through a few events she guessed Katie would classify as dramatic. "Mostly disasters. I lost my flute, bought a new one, got totally freaked out in DADA when they started talking about the Killing Curse- you know why- got a really weird reading in Divination, passed my exams with flying colours, and my father came back as a ghost." Lapis had narrated the events as they came to her; they weren't in any particular order of chronology or importance. "That dramatic enough? What about you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back