Catching Up

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Ari had recieved an owl from Sam this morning to meet him up in the North Tower at 8 o' clock. She made her way up the spiral staircase, and emerged outside at the top. She had brought her guitar along, just in case, and she leaned it up against a wall. She walked over to the barrier, and looke down. It was long way to the ground. The night was warm, and clear. She smiled up at it.

Sam was finishing spiking up his hair when he realised that it was already five minutes past eight. "Damnit!" He cursed, he had sent a note to Ari to meet him up at the towers and he was late. He put on a light jacket just in case it got a bit 'chilly'. He then gave another glance to his muggle alarm clock before running out the door of his dorm and up to the North Tower. Once he arrived to his surprise he wasn't out of breath. He pressumed it was all the excerise over the summer. He burst open the doors saying, "I'm so so so sorry I'm late." He shut the doors of the North Tower and turned to Ari smiling to her he said, "Hi.." He then reached over and hugged her.

Hearing the door open behind her, Ari turned around quickly, breaking out in a smile when she saw it was Sam. She laghed at all the 'so's' "Don't worry about it" she said, brushing it off. She didn't care. She hugged him back, and pulled away still smiling, resting her hand on the barrier of the tower.
"How were the rest of your holidays?" she asked. Ari had briefly seen Sam at Brightstone, but they hadn't really been able to talk much. She wore a blue shirt, black skirt and tights

Sam shrugged, "They were alright. They really were just the same as they were when I last talked to you. Which by the way seems such a long time ago. It was weird not seeing you in so long, I missed you." he said to her, himself and Arianna saw each other almost everyday at the end of term. Then it all just stopped and it really seemed like ages since he last spoke or saw Arianna. "Anyways, how were the rest of your holidays?" he asked.

"Yeah, I missed you too" Ari said with a smile.
"My holidays were very boring" she said with a shrug "Well, actually that's not true" she added " I still had to distract my sister from trying to kill herself again" she said with a wry smile. Clare was fine now, but she had had her moments during the summer. Arianna pushed them from her mind.
She looked around at the tower on which they stood "I've never actually been up here before" she said "It's nice"
She liked looking down at the ground, or what she thought was the ground, since it was so dark she couldn't see all the way down.

"Oh no. Really? I'm sorry to hear that." Sam said sympathecally as she mentioned Clare again. He couldn't imagine what it was like, but he sympathised with her as a friend. "I've been up here a couple of times.." It was here that he and Toni broke up, though he hadn't thought about that in such a long time. In fact he had almost forgotten that it happened here. Wanting to take his mind off that topic he looked at her guitar, "I didn't know we were having another of our jamming sessions.." Sam said, wishing he had brought his guitar with him.

Ari smiled lightly "Thanks, but she's fine now" she said, smiling as she thought of her sister's progress.
"Really? I suppose I don't get out enough..." she said, looking around at the tower. There were, in fact lot's of places she hadn't been, Ari realsied.
"Oh, I just thought I'd bring it just in case" she said, following Sam's gaze to her guitar "Don't worry, we have the rest of the year to play" she said, her eyes shining at the thought of a whole years worth of playing with Sam.

Sam was relieved for Ari that her sister was okay now. He shrugged as she said that they had the rest of the year to play them, it was true and Sam was already excited. But now that it was here they could play it, make use of what they had. "Learn any new songs over the summer?" He asked her walking over to the guitar. He fiddled around with the neck of it before turning around to Ari with a smile. He hadn't really learned anything new over the summer but he waited for Ari's response.

Ari nodded "Yeah, a few" she said "But only one I really like" she added. With all her spare time this summer, she had been teaching Clare to play the guitar, and learning new songs herself. Most of them were dead boring.
"You?" she asked in return, as Sam picked up her guitar.

Sam smiled as Ari said she learned a new song. "Me? No, I didn't really practice too much." he said with a shuffle fo his foot but he nodded in encouragement to Ari and handed her the guitar. "Go on then lets hear." Sam said leaning up against the wall ready and waiting for Ari to show him the song. He was now perfectly comfortable playing in front of Ari, which is something he couldn't really say about anyone else. He hoped she felt the same about him too.

"You were busy with your sport" Ari said, smiling. It was good that he had been active.
"Ok, then" she said, taking the guitar and pulling the strap over her head. She started playing softly, and gradually shaped the music into the song. She sang along, enjoying every second. She liked playing with Sam, and didn't mind playing in front of him either.
"Not that good, but I like the song" she said, shrugging, her cheeks still a little pink from plaing.

Sam lifted his foot and leaned it up against the wall and smiled to himself as Ari began the song. He nodded his head and clapped once she finished the song. "'Not that good?' It was really great in fact!" Sam said with a smile. "Its a nice song." Sam said with a shrug, he hoped he wouldn't have to follow that.

The pink in Ari's cheeks darkened to red when he clapped
"Thanks" she said quietly, looking down at the ground, and scuffing her shoes.
"So, are you trying out for the house team?" she asked, reffering to Quidditch. She didn't know which position Sam played, and was interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back