Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily had been concentrating on quidditch so much that her studies were falling behind. She decided that since she had not called practice for this afternoon, she needed to spend some time in the library getting caught up. After lunch, she headed up and found a quiet table in the back of the room to spread out her ink and parchment and get down to business.

Things were flying around pretty well and she had gotten back on track with a few of her classes when she decided to rest for a moment. Laying her head down on her arms, she tried to relax and get the desire back to finish off the rest. Soon she was thinking of new play patterns for the next quidditch game. Picking up her quill, she lifted her head again and started to draw up some plays on spare parchment.

Ford was wandering the halls of the school bored, as was usual. It had been a while since passing marks necessitated studying for him. It did not really matter the exact grades, professional quidditch teams did not look at such things too closely. As such, when he found himself by the library, he almost kept his pace. However, he made a sudden change of course into it. Bookish girls tended to fall all over Ford's charms, and they also had a tendency to be cute. He shrugged and walked into the library, wishing he hadn't left half a plate of mashed potatoes and chicken sitting in his room, he was hungry again.

He wandered slowly for a few minutes until he found someone else in the library, Lily. He grinned evilly, even though their previous encounter had been less than satisfactory, Ford could never manage to pull himself out of a form of attraction for the girl who showed herself to be his only equal in devious sadism. He strolled over to the table at which she sat and flicked the chair opposite her out with his wand. He lazily fell into it, grinning. "Hey there, sweety. Long time, no agitated attack on my nether regions."

Lily jumped as the chair across from her was suddenly moving out from the table. "What the--- oh, you," she said, her voice dripping with disdain at the tall, lanky boy that for whatever reason had decided to join her. Crap. Why am I in the back of the library by myself? THAT was a bad decision. she thought before she set her quill down.

"Aww. Are your nether regions missing me? I can arrange for my knee to make a return appearance, or would my foot make them feel better?" she said to him mockingly. Lily leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest, grateful that she was wearing her uniform and not dressed in more casual clothing that tended to reveal more. There was something about Ford that made her feel like he was trying to undress her with his eyes every time she was near him and it tended to creep her out. Or was that really excitement?

Been such a while, Ford thought whistfully. Not in a romantic way, though something in the back of his mind said that Lily would provide a good challenge in such a train of though, but rather in that Ford missed the banter. His idiot grin widened, he was already enjoying the conversation. He sat forward from his reclined position, "Knee? Not so much," his expression became thoughtful, "Although I hear feet can be quite relaxing if used properly. But you'd take some practice on that count." He finished with a return to his usual grin and turned his gaze to the girl's posture. Instantly, he mimicked it, figuring it would only fluster her more.

"Oh really? Do you mean something like this?" Lily decided that she would try to shock him into leaving her alone and was glad that she had kicked off her shoes a bit earlier. She reached her right foot over and stroked her big toe around his kneecap and down his thigh just a few inches. "But see I don't need any practice. And that, sweetie," she continued, pulling her foot away, "is your loss. I'm not into wimpy quaffle chasers. I like my man to know how to swing a bat with some vengeance." She was, of course, referring to the fact that Blake was a beater when he played quidditch. Although she, herself was a chaser, she felt that women were able to do that better. Something that was backed up in her recent game against Slytherin. Ravenclaw's chasers dominated the field and the scoreboard -- and were all female for this game. Slytherin fielded two boys and a girl and were clearly outdone.

Ford kept his face straight while Lily made her performance; quite an undertaking, for many reasons. Part of Ford wanted to laugh, Lily was clearly still attracted to him, but was otherwise taken. For the moment. At the end though, he only gave a smarmy grin. "And I like my chasers to know where the goal is." He said and made an obvious, but intentional, cursory glance toward Lily's crossed arms. "But beaters, while they do their jobs, they lack the finesse that I know we chasers share."

Lily felt Ford's gaze on her folded arms and wanted to throw up just a bit. She hoped that her reaction did not show, when she continued to speak. "But too much finesse in one spot is not always a good thing. Maybe I like it that beaters are a bit, um, rough around the edges." She hooked her legs around the legs of the chair, sitting back further into her chair and staring down the Slytherin in front of her. He was obviously not leaving, but staying for a while.

Now she was settling in for a fight, Ford could have cheered. The longer he could keep her talking, the easier it would be to later pry her off of Blake. "Such a position could be interpreted from your recent performance: sloppy, shotgun approach." He cocked his head to the side, "Fire off blindly and hope it gets to where you are vaguely aiming." He leaned forward slightly and righted his head back up, "But I can assure you that with some extra quidditch lessons, you could preform to a chaser's full potential." He lessened his grin to a mere suggestion of one, hinting at its existence.

Lily rolled her eyes. "There you go again. You think that you can tempt me with extra quidditch lessons. You are well aware that my performance on the field is not sloppy by any means. I think you are just jealous that you aren't able to be out on the pitch playing with me. I am doing what you only wish you could be right now, and it drives you bonkers." She knew that he was not seeing anyone right now, and that quidditch was really not quidditch in this little chat. Lily noted his grin and the way it made her stomach twist. She wanted to say it was a in a bad way, but really couldn't. She had always been intrigued by Ford. There was just something about him that made her insides melt -- and in a very different way from the way Blake did.

She leaned forward, placing her elbows on the table and crossing her forearms. Looking straight into Ford's eyes, she continued in a softer voice. "I always perform to my full potential. I know exactly where the target is and am able to get there better than you anyday." Lily smirked at Ford, wondering if he was ready to leave her alone or if he had yet another snappy comeback for her. She enjoyed the banter back and forth, but always hated how guilty it made her feel, like she was doing something behind her boyfriend's back.

Something inside Ford jumped, he knew he got more than linguistic and witty enjoyment out of these exercises. But, he was loath to admit it to anybody, much less himself. His grin broadened and took on a mischievous tinge, few girls proved to bring the 'battle of wits' that Lily did, being able to actually one up him. "I wouldn't go so far to say you are better," Ford laughed playfully, "but I do acquiesce that we both know that you are quite good at...grabbing...that which you want." He slid down in his chair slowly and threw in a roguish wink for good measure.

Lily closed her eyes and shook her head. I cannot believe he just winked at me. What a jerk! Gah. Looking back at Ford, she spoke with attitude. "I am quite good at what I do. I would not have lasted as captain if I wasn't." Then, taking the same stance as her opponent, she slid back in her chair and down a bit, her legs extending forward and, unknowingly, under his chair. "At least someone at this table is able to prove themselves as captain." It was a low blow, but she wanted to get to him.

Ford almost took the bait. Lily definitely knew where to hit him, that was for sure. On the surface, Ford knew he appeared to be a quitter for no reason. "Some of us don't have to prove ourselves." He leaned forward and spoke in a quieter tone than usual, even for the library. "We're just...that good." He flashed a grin at Lily and having noticed her drop forwardly too, he brushed his leg against hers softly, but made no motion or indication he had done so to her face.

Lily felt Ford brush her leg but worked hard not to give him the satisfaction of a reaction. She caught herself as she started to inhale sharply, stopping herself almost at once. Crossing her legs left over right, she slid back up in her chair, rubbing her foot along his leg as she moved. Leaning forward on her elbows again, she spoke softly back to him. "Well, if we're that good, what are we doing here?" She gave Ford a rather suggestive look, just to see what exactly he would do.

Ford grinned, thinking himself the victor, he hadn't expected Lily to acquiesce this quickly. It was quite against her personality, which Ford would have found quite suspicious had be not been so enthralled with his success. "I think this is quite private enough," Ford replied, emboldened by Lily's reaction. With a relaxed motion, he placed his hand under the table and gently touched Lily's leg. It was nice when a plan came together.

Lily was a bit shocked when Ford reached over and touched her leg. He had never been so bold before. The reaction that her body had to that simple placement of his hand on her thigh was astounding. The only time she had ever had this kind of physical reaction was when she and Blake had spent some time on the beach alone and things had gotten a bit farther than she had planned -- but not so far that she would regret things later on.

Not quite knowing what she was planning with this, she decided that she would roll with her feelings instead of her head for a change. She loved Blake with all her heart, but there was something about Ford that just drove her crazy. Leaning across the small table, she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him closer to her, planting her lips on his.

Ford was quite surprised by Lily's reaction to him. He had fully expected the usual response of a slap in the face or a kick in the nethers. But this was quite the opposite of his expectations, but he, for one, was quite enjoying it. He returned Lily's kiss in full force and tightened his grip. Ford had imagined this for some time. While Lily had not been the only object of his attractions, she had certainly been one of the most significant. It was all he could do from laughing maniacally.

Lily felt her body react to Ford as he returned her kiss. It was all she could do to not just throw the table out of the way and climb in his lap right there. Instead, she pulled back, catching her breath for a second, then stood up and walked around the table. She spun his chair around to face her, then sat on his lap and resumed kissing him, not caring at that moment who saw the pair of them in the back of the library.

Ford was taken completely aback from Lily's action. That is not to say it was at all disappointing or unpleasant, infact the phrase 'diametric opposite' was rather accurate in that sense. However, it was the last thing he expected to happen. He was fully expecting to have to wear her down for a few more months. But, as they say, life is what happens when you are making plans. Ford, as a result, was hit with a rush of adrenaline, the surprise and pleasantness thereof combined proved a potent combination. He grabbed Lily and stood quickly, and pushed her onto the table, continuing the kiss.

Lily clung to Ford as he stood up and placed her on the table. She had lost all sense of what was right and wrong and was just consumed in the moment. She wrapped her arms around his neck and slipped her hands up into his hair. Leaning closer to him, her arms tightened around him and pulled him as close as possible to her. Lily wasn't thinking. Not about the boy she was dating and in love with. Not about the repercussions of what would happen if word got out about this. The only thing on her mind was that Ford was an amazing kisser and that she wanted more.

Cecily walked into the library to check out a book. Checking the card catalog, she saw it was in the back. Whistling a happy tune, she walked that way with a spring in her step. Turning around the book shelf, she screeched to a halt, whistling stopped. She cocked her head, mouth dropping open, gum falling to the floor.

"While I appreciate the inventiveness of youth, I think the librarian can polish that table on her own."

Lily stopped kissing Ford when she heard the professor's voice speaking. Turning a brilliant shade of red, she looked at Ford and then over at Professor Rambolt and stuttered. "Merlin's beard what am I doing? Oh my god. Oh--my--GOD!" She pushed Ford away from her with as much force as she could muster and bolted. She didn't really care that she was not wearing shoes and that she left her books and messenger bag behind.

As she moved past Professor Rambolt, she looked up and sputtered out. "I am so sorry Professor." She ran from the room as the truth of what she had just done started to crash down on her. She only hoped that she could make it back to her dorm without running into anyone that would notice the tears that were starting to fall down her face -- and her lack of shoes. Lily realized with each tear that fell, she had betrayed Blake. If he ever found out about this, there would be no forgiveness from him.

Ford did not register Professor Rambolt's voice until Lily pushed him away forcefully. He stumbled backwards, not yet knowing what was going on, into a nearby bookshelf. A book toppled onto his head, but Ford shook it off. He looked over to see Lily running for her life, and Professor Rambolt, who was looking in a disapproving manner. Sweet Vishnu, Ford thought. This he had definitely not expected. If anything, he was going to keep his dignity. And the knowledge that he had Lily wrapped around his finger, with the proper stimulation.

His confused expression quickly turned into his usual mischievious grin. He put his hands into his pockets and looked at the professor and gave a quick wink and turned the other way, quickly walked the other way. He already had a job lined up for him, it did not precisely matter what happened between then and now.

As Lily ran passed her with the hurried apology, it wasn't her exit that caught her attention. It was the cat ate the canary grin and saucy wink Ford sent her way that brought color racing to her cheeks and her hand flying up to cover the laugh that threatened to escape. She let them go for now but their Heads of Houses would be getting an ear full.

Cackling at imagining the look on Manteia's face, she forgot her book and headed that way first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back