Catching up on a lifetime takes a while.

Jonathan heard some more noise coming from upstairs and almost didn't bother waiting to hear if everything was alright like the past two times. But this time was different as he heard someone coming down the stairs. Jonathan stayed quiet as he didn't know which of his neices it was yet but he was sure that anyone of them would freak out seeing their Professor in their house talking to their mother. When he saw his neice enter the room he refrined from laughing as she seemed to have completely missed the fact that he was in the room as she continued talking to her mother. When he saw it was one of the twins it took a moment for him to figure out which one it was, he normally told the two apart by their company but that was a no go today. So instead he used his new knowledge and looked at the girls hand and when he saw no engagement ring he figured it was Trista. Oh the trouble that girl had caused him recently, Best not tell Juanita. he thought to himself. He smiled when he saw Trista turn round, "Hello Miss Paramore." he said, trying to not give away anything yet. He took a quick glance at Juanita to see if he could get any sort of idea if they were going to drop the news now. When he heard Trista's reaction he refrined the temptation to let out a laugh. He knew that some sort of conclusion would have been met and that one had indeed crossed his mind. "And what exactly do you think this is Miss Paramore?" he asked, remaining his calm, collected-self

This time Juanita heard the yelp, which one of her children had fallen this time? It would seem her clumsiness was genetic and she wondered which parent she herself got it from. But that along with several things inolving her parents was a matter for later. She watched as Trista slid down the banister of the stairs and had to bite back a laugh as Trista started chattering away to her at a hundred miles a minute, not even noticing Jonathan at first. To answer her question she nodded, "Sure... but as you know The Police and The Beatles are off limits." she said, acting as if nothing was amiss. At her next words however Juanita looked back at Jonathan then to her daughter once more. She knew exactly what her daughter was thinking and from the looks of it Jonathan did too, "What exactly do you think is going on Trista?" she asked, she loved her children to death but sometimes it was funny to see Tristas reaction to things and in the end there was no real harm done, it was obvious where Trista got her prankster spirit from, even if Juanita rarely used hers anymore. Though Trista was right in one thing... Juanita was interested in one of her professors. Just not the one currently in the living room, thinking of this Juanita looked to her brother and asked "You think we should give her a break Jonathan?"

Jonathan looked from his sister to his neice, he must say for the adults this situation seemed to be a lot less awkward than he had expected - well it was for him anyway. Although they were acting off faulse pretenses, what with Trista thinking they were dating, which was a gross idea for starters, it seemed to put the situation on a lighter note. Hearing his sister's words he let out a sigh and gave his head a solemn nod. "I think we should." he said, looking up at his neice with a hint of seriousness clear in his eyes. "Now Miss Paramore, I don't want you to freak out but...how would you feel if we ended up related?" he said, the corners of his lips twitching as he faught back a laugh. He was going to have fun while it lasted, afterall his words were true, even if they didn't mean what she thought they did, he couldn't be called a liar in this situation.

Tristas eyes flickered back and forth from her mother to Professor Spenser. Just what the hell was going on here? Why were they being so vague? When Juanita suggested giving her a break she was relieved, she didn't know what was going on here but it was bugging the sh!t out of her already. Professor Spensers next words however threw her for a loop, related? But they weren't, she knew that for a fact. So Trista could only think of two scenarios in which that would play out. Either her mother was getting remarried or she was getting another sibling, by her damn professor of all people. Once Trista knew the whole situaion she would feel like a complete idiot, but for now she stood there, still and silent. Trying to string a good sentence together she finally got out, "Unless you've..." she cut off, not even wanting to go down that path. "What does that have to do with anything?" she decided to ask.

Jonathan could tell that Trista had jumped to the conclusion he had hoped she would. No doubt dragging this thing would probably come back and bit in the backside but now he was having fun with it. Keeping his gaze on one of his eldest neices he waited for her to react to what he was saying, he was going to tell her because no one should have to think that they were going to have new father as a Professor or a new sibling with a Professor for their dad, whatever it was she was thinking about - they both weren't fair. A small smirk spread over Jonathan's lips, "Calm down Miss Paramore, it's not as bad as you think." he said in a reassuring tone. "It has to do with everything." he said, leaving no traces still of what the news was. "Would you like to take this one Juanita or should I have the honors." he asked as he turned his gaze back to his sister.

It was nice to have fun with people every now and then, but Juanita also knew when it was time to pull the wool from their eyes so they could see the truth, it would seem Jonathan did too as he suggested they get the news out there. Juanita nodded in agreement, lord knows if she was in Tristas hoes she'd be pissed when she found out she had been fooled, though chances were the relief of not having her mother dating a professor would weigh over the fact that she had an uncle as one. "You know Jonathan... I think I'll take this one." Juanita started, looking at him. "Well Trista... Due to a rather interesting series of events. Jonathan and I are..." she paused, adding one last bit of suspence before saying "Half Siblings. So no, it is definitely NOT what you were thinking. Jonathan, or Professor Spenser as you would refer to him, is your uncle." she ended, deciding to give it time to sink in a bit as she studied her daughter, looking for what kind of reaction to expect.

Trista stood in front of the two of them, subtly taking a few steps back as her professor and her mother both began to speak, from the looks on their faces something was definitely missing from the equation. But it was as if Trista had a puzzle to solve only to find out at the end she had a few pieces missing in crucial places. As Juanita paused she had to stifle a groan, waiting to hear something along the lines of 'are getting married'. She supposed she would get used to it eventually but it was still disturbing. But with the next words out of her mouth Tristas jaw dropped. "Wait... What? You... him... siblings?" she asked, looking back and forth between the two, now that she really paid attention there were quite a few similarities between the two. "Well you two do kind of look alike..." she noted, "So you're my uncle..." she said to Professor Spenser. "Wow now I'm embarassed." she said, her mother would think it was just for the assumption, but she thought Professor Spenser would probably see the fact that she was even more embarassed about what happened last month. My uncle caught me in a heated makeout session with my boyfriend. Dear god. she thought

Jonathan sat back as Juanita said she would take this one, he was gladly going to let her inform her daughter of the newest addition to the family. Jonathan let out a small laugh when Juanita paused mid-sentence, still leaving it so the situation could go either way. He was finding the whole situation more amusing than he had imagined it would have originally, for this he was glad. When the news was finally broke Jonathan stopped laughing and his features turned serious again, he too waited for Trista to react. He was glad though that Juanita had told her that she was still to refer to him as Professor, to make it easier at school for both of them but seeing as she would be graduating this year he didn't mind if called him Jonathan outside of school.

Jonathan took in Trista's reaction, impressed as to how well she was taking it. There was some shock of course but generally it was a calm reaction. He simply nodded to her question, this wasn't something people generally lied about anyway. When she informed them of their similarities he raised his eyebrows and looked at Juanita, shrugging his shoulders he turned his gaze back to Trista, personally he didn't see any similarities but figured that a fresh pair of eyes would be better than those of his own. When Trista addressed him again he replied with a simple, "Yep." realising there was going to be some weirdness now due to past events but he wasn't going to mention aything just as long as Trista didn't. "Nothing to be embarassed about Miss Paramore," he said with a wink, what happened was going to remain between them, "This doesn't have to go outside the family so school will be as easy for you and your sisters as possible. You are free to tell whomever you wish though, but rest assured my lips are sealed." he told her, figuring it would be best to have it that way for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back