Casual conversation....

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri was literally skipping down the corridor now, she was immensly happy this year just seemed to be getting better and better. Nina had transferred and she had had one of the best summers ever. She sighed happily, feeling like this was going to be her best year yet.
She wore one of Kevins hoodies which smelled exactly like him as she smiled everytime she smelt it. She was wondering the corridors now, in a big hoodie and denim shorts, a smile on her face. The only thing that could make this better now would be some company...

Kiera was storming angrily out of the library when she ran smack dab into Harriet, literally. Kiera lay on the floor looking up at the celling. This day just keeps getting better and better, she thought sarcastically. Kiera scrambled to pick up her book and then stand up. She looked at Harriet with an apologetic smile. "I am so sorry. Are you okay?" she asked with concern.

"Woah there," Harri said as someone ran smack into her, she was sent flying back and only just managed to stay on her feet, "Kiera?" she said when she realised who it was. "I'm fine," she said dismissvly, "Are you okay?" she asked, seeing her angry face.

Kiera attempted a smile. "Yeah sure. I have had worse falls." she tried to joke. Kiera was still fuming though she was trying her hardest not to show it. Nina had gotten the better of her this round but she would not the next time the two of them met. Kiera shook her head trying to shake away the fight but failing miserably.

Harri raised her eyebrows, "You know thats not what I mean," she said laughing a little. She looked at Kiera, she had never really seen her angry well not like this. Whenever she saw Kiera she was happy and smiling, but not now.

Kiera sighed. "Well I was in the library minding my own business and that girl Nina came up and started insulting Cameron." she admitted. "You know how I am and well I defended him and she started insulting me and Gryffindors alike. I let my temper get the better of me." she said still angry at the girl. She couldnt understand why some people were just so rude and mean. She almost felt like crying. It made it ten times worse since the girl knew her secret.

"Whadddt?!" Harri said shocked, "Nina?" she said shaking her head, she couldn't imagine Nina ever being mean, "What did she say?" she asked, it didn't seem like Nina to be insluting people, and Kiera looked really upset. She didn't like that.

Kiera frowned. "Well I was in the library reading and she came up and sat with me. Everything was fine until she mentioned Cameron. She acted like he was some pompus jerk but you know you have met him, he isnt like that. Cameron is a nice guy! Well you know how I am. I got upset and started to defend him and then the insults started. She called me and Gryffindors dumb! So I insulted her back and well things got out of control. She was just so mean!" Kiera said on the verge of tears. She didnt like to fight with others. "She even insulted Caysi." she added quietly. In truth the fight had been Kiera's fault as much as Nina's.

Harri looked shocked, this didn't fit with what she knew of Nina, but Harri could tell Kiera was really upset and she hated that.
"Thats awful," she said, slightly angry now, she made a mental note to go and sort this out with Nina a little later on. "I know, Cams a good guy," she said, wondering why anyone would insult him he had seemed really nice when she had met him.
"I wonder why she did it," she murmed more to herself. "Are you okay though?" she asked, her brow creased in almost confusion.

Kiera attempted another smile. "I will be. I just dont do well when I feel like people I love are attacked. I have never met someone so awful! I dont know how the goblet picked her to be the Scotland Champion." she said, her eyes still watery. "I could have handled it better if she was just insulting me even as it was I shouldnt have reacted like I did." she said ashamed of her behavior. Kiera wiped at her eyes. "But enough about me how are you Harri?" she asked in true concern. Harriet had had a rough year last year and Kiera knew it.

Harri nodded, "Understandable," she said, but she couldn't understand it. What would make Nina act like that? She was usually so nice!
"Oh I'm good thanks," she said happily, she breathed in deeply smelling Kevin on her jumper, the smile on her face grew. "How was the rest of your summer?" she asked, wondering what they had got up to after she left.

Kiera sighed and rolled her eyes at Harriet's last question. "Well I went to see Jacqueline." she said as if that should tell Harriet all she needed to know. "Apart from that everything else was fun. I enjoyed training up for a bit and seeing my family and friends." she said with a better, more normal smile. "What about you?" she asked.

Harri laughed, "So I'm guessing she hasn't changed a bit?" she said. "Oh thats good," she said nodding, "Yeah it was great thanks! Family and friends came over," she said, not wanting to mention that Nina had been one of those friends.

Kiera smiled with a hint of sadness. "No unfortunately. I dont think she ever will." she said trying to block out what Jacqueline had done to her. She didnt want Harri to find out. "Was Kevin one of those friends?" she asked slyly.

Harri laughed, "Unfortunatly, no," she said shaking her head, "He couldn't make it, he has alot going on," she said, her eyes glued on the floor as her hands curled up inside the jumper that smelled of him, she wondered if Kiera found it curious that right now she smelt like a boy, or maybe she was used to it living with Cam, but then again she wasn't used to it with Tommy.

Harri looked up at Kiera, if there was one thing she knew about Kiera was that she could trust her, "Well, when we're together its perfect," she said happily, "But we live in two different worlds, its really hard," she said honestly, "I see him twice a year for a few weeks if I'm lucky," she said sighing.

Kiera nodded her head. She understood how Harriet felt. Now of course, she was dating Daniel and in the same situation as Harriet. "I know that is hard. Where does he go to school again?" she asked. She wasnt sure if she had ever known the answer to that one.

"Hogwarts Scotland," Harri said, her tone less happy then before. "What about you? Your dating one of Caysi's brothers right?" she asked, her tone returning to the bouncy friendly, normal level.

"Daniel?" Harri repeated trying to place a face to the name, "Oh my gosh, Daniel!" she said as she managed it, "Well he's fit," she said laughing, "How longs this been going on for then?" she asked curiously, smiling at the way Kiera's face lit up at the mere mention of him.

"Thats great Kiera," Harri said happily, "How old is he?" she asked, "Your year or older?" she assumed he wasn't younger on the basis that she had met him adn he looked older.

"Well he is in his 6th year at Durmstrang." Kiera said with a smile. "He and Cam are the same age. Funny how it worked out with Caysi dating Cam and now I am dating Daniel." she said with a small laugh. "Oh and Kevin and you too. He's part of Caysi's family too right?" she asked.

Harri laughed, "That is strange," she said. "Yeah, hes her cousin," she said laughing, "Thats weird huh? We're all dating each others realatives!" she siad grinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back