Cash Cow

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Well I've been taking my time
Slow goings nothing new to me
I've been taking my time
Slide up, just drop everything

The sun was up, it was cold but atleast the sun was shining. Harri walked around the school eagerly, she wasn't quite sure where she was going or what she was hoping to find but she had a good feeling about today and she had done ever since she woke up and realised she had indeed packed her bright green converses after the christmas holidays.
She walked along a corridor that was familiar but she wasn't quite sure how, humming along to herself. Her hair, which she was pleased to say, had grown a couple of inches bounced along as she practically skipped down the corridor, she came to abrupt halt when she reached a window that looked out nicely to the lake which shimmered in the winter sun.

Steph walked cheerfully around the castle, she had just gone for a long run in the grounds, gone back to her dorm, and showered. She had thrown on a old tee shirt that was ripped, with a black vest underneath, and her orange skinnies. She walked barefoot, ignoring the cold stone under her feet.
Steph walked down to the second floor corridor, humming a song she had written, looking out into the cold, but sunny grounds.

Steph turned to the forward, and noticed a girl with long red hair, Harri. She grinned, and walked slowly behind Harri. She was about two inches from her when she shouted, in her loudest and most high pitched voice, 'HARRIET!'

Harri screamed and jumped about 10 feet in the air when she heard someone scream her name behind her, "Jesus STEPHIE, you nearly gave me a bloody heartattack," she said laughing,shaking her head and pulling Steph into a huge hug.
"How've you beeen?" she asked, looking at Steph, "I havent seen you in far too long mrs," she said shaking her head.

Steph laughed, she laughed a lot. She actually started crying when Harri jumped so high. 'Hahaaaaaa,' Was all Steph managed, she wiped her eyes, still laughing slightly.
But as soon as she could breathe properly, she was being hugged by Harri, 'Ive been good, how you?' Steph grinned, once she was free. 'I know, its been so long! Ive got your christmas present in my dorm,' She smiled at Harri. Sqeezing her cold toes. And standing on one foot, just randomly.

"Hey," Harri said shaking her head and laughing as Steph laughed non-stop.
"Ah I'm glad to hear it," she said happily, "I've been good to," she said. "Oh same, sorry its not much. I'll give it to you later kays?" she siad grinning.
"And why, may I ask, have you got no shoes on?" she asked laughing.

Steph smiled, 'Glad,'
'That'll be good,' She grinned, fiddleing with her mop of messy hair.

'Hm, shoes..' Steph looked down to her red feet, and back up to Harri, a small grin on her face, 'I only wear shoes when i go for runs nowadays,' Steph didnt have a clue why, it was just her new thing.

Harri laughed, "Fair enough," she said grinning. "SO you've taken to running too? How awesome is it?" she asked, her eyes gleaming. She had to go for a run a day else she just felt unhealthy, it helped her start up the day right. It was the only way she could clear her head, the time when she thought most freely.

'Yeah,' Steph smiled, 'Ever since mine and Aidens little.. thing.'
This was true, because Steph had wanted to stay out of the castle as much as possible, and running gave her something to do. 'You run a lot dont you?' She asked.

"I still need to have a bit of a word with that boy," Harri said, her eyes slightly wider then usual.
She nodded, "Yup all the time," she said sheepishly. "Oh and hows the guitar going?" she asked curiously.

Steph bit her lip, she wasnt sure if it was best that Harri had 'a little word' with Aiden, it was months ago, and anyway, its not like Steph was still torn up about it..

'Its going great,' Steph smiled, 'Ive been playing all christmas break,' She said proudly, she had written her own songs, made her own strumming patterns, and done a lot of covers, and Steph was brilliant at playing guitar, and singing now.'When do you want to start the lessons?'

Harri smiled, "Great!" she said happily, "You singing as well?" she asked curiously.
"ERm whenever you want to," she said shrugging happily. She couldn't wait to get started, she had got Tommmy to show her some of the basics over the holidays.

'Yeah i am,' Steph smiled, 'I need to hear you sing again Harriet!' She giggled slightly.

'Awesome, i'll probably send you a note or something whenever,' Steph said to Harri, wondering what she would teachh Harri.

Harri laughed, "When did you hear me sing in the first place?" she asked grinning.
"Oh kays, I look forward to it," she said winking, she was really excited for the lessons to begin and she hoped she would pick it up quite quickly.

'I guess your a pretty loud singer,' Steph laughed, she had heard Harri singing around the castle loads of times.
'Yeah me too,' Steph grinned, trying to wink, but her face ended up looking spazy.

Harri grinned, "Or you've been lstening to me sing in the shower," she joked laughing.
"Woah what happened to your face?" she joked as Stephs wink went funny, she laughed alot. "I know your excited and all but really..." she said laughing.

'Busted!' Steph laughed, sitting on the cold stone floor.
'Thats a good question Harriet,' Steph smiled up at her best friend, 'But im afraid i dont have the answer.'

Harri laughed and sat down on the floor next to Steph, "So how've you been? " she asked, "Honestly," she added quickly, her eyebrows raised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back