Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Personal Questions

1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
Carter Hans Kaster, I haven't ever changed my name.

2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
I don't really have much in the way of nicknames, mostly people use my last name, or sometimes CK, mostly I jut get called Carter though.

3. What do you look like? (Include height, weight, hair, eyes, skin, apparent age, and distinguishing features)
Um, I'm about six foot two, I have browny-blonde hair and I think grey eyes. I've never really paid attention to the colour. I'm not particularly thin, as you can see, but I'm not hugely fit either, I work out though, get some jogging time.

4. How do you dress most of the time?
I prefer suits and ties. My mother always liked us to dress nicely incase of visitors. I think she purposely planned visitors though.

5. How do you "dress up?"
I sort of usually am well dressed. I mostly wear very specific kinds of dressrobes though, which are really only reserved for my mothers most important guests.

6. How do you "dress down?"
Just pants I guess and a shirt.

7. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
Uh, you might want to ask Kiera.

8. Do you wear any jewellery?
None, except maybe a watch.

9. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
I don't really know. I like to think I have nice hair.

10. What's your real birth date?
I was born on the fifth of May in two thousand and six.

11. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.?
I live with my wife. On occasion we also have her children as well, though they mostly reside in the school. It's usually pretty neat, I know Kiera likes a tidy house and I agree. My desk at work is always really neat, I'm quite proud of that.

12. Do you own a car? Describe it.
I do not. It's one of those muggle gadgets I never quite understood.

13. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
I have to say my watch. It was my fathers. He gave each of us something valuable to him. Kiefer got a ring, as the eldest of us. Helene received an emblem with the family history engraved into it. Ingrid I believe has father's quill, which was of course used by him in his youth and I think Phillip got father's cuff links.

14. What one word best describes you?
If you ask Kiera it's stubborn, or rather, stubborn as a mule.

Familial Questions

1. What was your family like?
Well, we're all pretty tight nit. Mother likes to meddle in everything but she's alright, we all get along well. Growing up we used to fight a lot, but mostly it was because we were jealous of each other being able to use magic outside of school, we all had our turn though, so it was good.

2. Who was your father, and what was he like?
My father's name is Wilfred Kaster. He's a good man, doesn't talk much though, mostly he leaves that to mother. I'm not always sure how much of what she says he agrees to is true but he never says anything within earshot of us. He worked in the Wizengamot when he was younger but recently he took more of a desk job. I think he's going to retire soon, mother does so like for him to keep her company now that she has only Phillip at the manor.

3. Who was your mother, and what was she like?
Mother is a very, incredibly, meddlesome woman. Ursula Kaster is her name. She's a horse trainer, or she was. She doesn't really have to do it anymore, or rather she doesn't want to, though she loves horses, she's getting a little more to the side of sixty to be training horses anyway. She was very hands on with us growing up, unlike father. Mother never had favourites, I was father's favourite. In saying that though, Mother also tended to try and impose her will on us. No harm though, we came out alright.

4. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
Mother and Father married quite young, pretty sure they were just out of school. Mother didn't want a traditional german wedding, but she got one anyway, which makes sense as she was marrying into a pretty old family. They're still married, quite happily I assume.

5. What were your siblings names? What were they like?
I have four siblings. Two older and two younger. Kiefer, Helene, Ingrid and Phillip. Kiefer is sort of the leader type, prefect in school and such. He got married right out of school though which kind of shocked all of us, we definitely hadn't expected that, you know? Of course Mother was thrilled, she loved his wife, they’d been put together in an arrangement, not something I ever wanted but Kiefer was ever the Mother’s boy I guess. They’ve got two kids now.
Helene was the same, prefect in school and leadership throughout. She didn’t get married until much later though and they only just recently had a child, I say recently but I think its about two now, girl I think. I haven’t really had a chance to catch up with her unfortunately, she and I always got along pretty well which I’m very grateful for.
Ingrid is the youngest girl, younger than me obviously. She’s kind of a fire cracker, pretty sure she has her husband wrapped around her little finger. Quiet guy, bit grumpy in my opinion. Strange though, I thought they hated each other, their wedding was a shambles and they were yelling at each other the whole time. They seem pretty content now, expecting their first baby this year.
Then there’s baby Phillip. It doesn’t even matter that he’s not a baby any more, that’s basically what he’ll be called now. He’s the youngest of us you see, followed completely in our footsteps, though I think he’s a professor now and in a long term relationship with someone, though I’ve never met them. I’d already moved to New Zealand by then so I don’t really get much chance to see my siblings. Ingrid lives in England with her husband, Kiefer lives at the manor, Helene lives in Spain I think and I assume Phillip spends most of his time wherever it is that he teaches, you know?
I suppose I should mention Dalton, my best friend and pseudo brother. He’s sort of unofficially adopted into the family. He’s a muggle born and his parents kind of abandoned him when he developed magical abilities. I hate him, obviously, but he’s my best mate and was the best man at my wedding, or he was going to be until we eloped, he was the witness though, so that still kind of counts, right?

6. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings?
I’d say the worst thing ever done to me was when Kiefer nearly killed me by levitating me too high. I’m probably exaggerating there, but really I broke a lot of bones and I was bed ridden for quite some time. I’ve never forgiven him for it, let me tell you. I didn’t ever really do anything to my siblings and I’ve never really gotten back at Kiefer, maybe I should look into that now.

7. When's the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
Not counting my wife obviously the last time I saw a member of my family was probably at the christmas party. Everyone was there, well, those that could attend. My mother, sister and a couple other people. Mostly it was Kiera’s family though, which I was fine with. My family doesn’t celebrate christmas in the same way so it was understandable. They’d all be back home now I imagine.

8. Did you ever meet any other family members? Who were they? What did you think of them?
When I was ten years old I discovered that there was a whole other part of my family I never knew about. It was quite amazing actually. A whole section of cousins. They were part of the reason I chose New Zealand as my new home, I still have family to connect with, which is great so it was fun to get to know a new section of the family. They are very much like the rest of the family which is so funny considering they grew up completely isolated. I get on well with the majority of them.

Childhood Questions

1. What is your first memory?
Hmm, that's a bit of a tough question. I have so many memories running around up here, not all of them good. I think the first memory I have is of my father. I couldn't tell you how old I was, crawling though and I ended up in my father's office somehow. Nothing really happened to make this memory stand out to me, but it's the earliest thing I can remember I think.

2. What was your favorite toy?
Okay, this is probably the simplest thing you've ever asked me. I had a toy wand until I was about nine years old when it got broken by Phillip. I wasn't happy with him, but I guess I eventually got over it, but it was my favourite toy of all the things Mother bought us.

3. What was your favorite game?
Well, you say game, but I never really thought of Chess as a game rather a bonding, strategy session. I started off playing mostly by myself and then eventually as I got better, Father joined me. Father and I often spent hours in intense concentration never actually moving a piece at all. It was good fun. I don't really play much anymore, but it was something I always looked forward to.

4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?
I can't really say so, most of my time growing up was spent surrounded by family. The odd nanny or maid would come around, but nothing really substantial. I had a good relationship with my head of house, but otherwise nothing really.

5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
Well, before school it was a local kid, Nevile, he was a boy from some other family my mother had ties with, he was probably a cousin come to think of it. But he kind of dropped off my radar when I started school. I always just assumed he was homeschooled, I don't really know. During school and through to now it's Dalton. Dalton Airheart, the biggest pain in my arse to ever be a pain in my arse. Worst friend ever.

6. What is your fondest, childhood memory?
I'd have to say it was getting my Hogwarts letter really, or playing chess with my father. Both of them were very happy memories for me, most of my childhood was pretty happy really.

7. What is your worst childhood memory?
Definitely when I was dropped from the sky and broke most of my body. Not a good time.

Adolescent Questions

1. How old were you when you went on your first date? 

That's honestly a good question. I think I was about nine or ten. It wasn't a real date. I think it was with one of my cousins. Honestly I could't say.

2. It is common for one's view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it?

I whole heartedly agree with it. My father was in the Ministry for years and my mother is quite over-bearing. I learned to respect people in authority when I was really young, so I still carry those values.

3. What were you like in school? What "clique" did you best fit in with?

I didn't really have a clique. I mean I was head boy, that much is true, but I mostly got along with everyone. I played a bit of Quidditch in my time too, I had pretty good grades. I was tutored and in turn did some tutoring. I was mostly friends with everyone I think.

4. What were your schooling goals?

I wanted to graduate with enough NEWTS to get into the Ministry, to make my family proud and I like to think I did just that.

5. Who was your idol when you were growing up? Who did you first fantasize about in your life?

Haha, well, it really depends on what you mean. I didn't have any specific idols that I really liked. I do enjoy classical music and such, but most of that is written by dead people. My idol, in a lot of ways, was my father. He taught me everything I know. He was a Wizengamot official, one of the reasons I also joined that committee. He was my hero and my idol.

6. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?

As much as I said I hated it, I enjoyed when my mother meddled, well, meddles, in my life. Don't tell her I said that, she'll come here.

7. What is your worst memory from adolescence?
My mum got really sick, I think I mentioned it earlier. I had to leave school for a while, we weren't sure she was going to make it, but she survived. That was a really hard time for us. Dad was mostly useless, he didn't know what to do with himself. None of us were really prepared for that, so yeah, that was a really tough time.

Occupational Questions

1. Do you have a job? What is it? Do you like it? If no job, where does your money come from?
I'm the head of the International Magical Law Department here in the New Zealand Ministry. Before that I just worked in the department. I like it, I know all the laws of this country back to front, it helps me I think, I love my work and I love New Zealand.

2. What is your boss or employer like? (Or publisher, or agent, or whatever.)

Cameron? Yeah he and I are good friends. Lucky thing, I'm married to his sister.

3. What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don't you get along with?

I'm a Head of a Department, I know a lot of people. Adam Winters is a decent conversation, Akira and I get coffee together in the morning. It's really on Cameron I see with any frequency. I use meetings as a pretence to have a chat, is that wrong?

4. What is something you had to learn that you hated?

Please don't get me started on this, we'll be here all day honestly. We don't have time for this discussion.

5. Do you tend to save or spend your money? Why?
Oh I'm definitely a saver. Always have been. I save so I can spend on things I really want. Makes sense right?

Likes & Dislikes Questions

1. What hobbies do you have?

2. Who is your closest mundane friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.

3. Who is your worst mundane enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.

4. What bands do you like? Do you even pay attention?

5. What tape or CD hasn't left your player since your purchased it? Why?

6. What song is "your song?" Why?

7. What's been your favorite movie of all time?

8. Read any good books? What were they?

9. What do you watch on the Television?

10. When it comes to mundane politics, do you care? If so, which way do you tend to vote? If not, why don't you care?

11. What type of places do you hang out in with your mundane friends?

12. What type of places do you hang out in with your normal friends?

13. What annoys you more than anything else?

14. What would be the perfect gift for you?

15. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

16. What time of day is your favorite?

17. What kind of weather is your favorite?

18. What is your favorite food? What is your least favorite food?

19. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine, etc.)

20. What's your favorite animal? Why?

21. Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind? 

22. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)

23. What habit that others have annoys you most?

24. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?

25. What don't you like about yourself?

26. How would you like to look?

Sex & Intimacy Questions

1. Would you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Why?
2. Do you currently have a lover? What is their name, and what is your relationship like? What are they like? Why are you attracted to them?

3. What is the perfect romantic date?
4. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.

5. Do you ever want to get married and have children? When do you see this happening?

6. What is more important – sex or intimacy? Why?

7. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with? (Does not need to be sexual, merely romantic.)

8. What's the worst thing you've done to someone you loved?

Drug & Alcohol Questions

1. How old were you when you first got drunk? What was the experience like? 
Did anything good come out of it? Did anything bad come out of it?

2. Do you drink on any kind of regular basis?

3. What kind of alcohol do you prefer?

Morality Questions

1. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?

2. Have you ever been in an argument before? Over what, with who, and who won?

3. Have you ever been in a physical fight before? Over what, with who, and who won?

4. What do you feel most strongly about?

5. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?

6. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?

7. Is there anything you think should not be incorporated into the media or art (sex, violence, greed, etc.,)? If so, what and why, and if not, why not?

8. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?

9. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?

10. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?

11. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?

12. What's the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?

13. What's the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?

14. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of poop, say so, and explain why?

15. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?

16. Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?

17. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?

18. What do you think is wrong with MOST people, overall?

Miscellaneous Questions

1. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?

2. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?

3. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?

4. How ticklish are you? Where are you ticklish?

5. What is your current long term goal?

6. What is your current short term goal?

7. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?

8. If you were a mundane person, what would you do with your life? What occupation would you want, and how would you spend all your time?

9. What time period do you wish you had lived in? Why? (Looking at this as an attempt to change history doesn't count.) What appeals to you about this era?

10. How private of a person are you? Why?

11. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money (via an inhertiance, a lawsuit, a lottery, or anything else) what would you do with it?

12. What would you wish for if you found a genie?

13. What do you do when you are bored?

14. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back