Carrow Hall

Thorine Dolohov

OOC First Name
linda
Wand
the dead don't need wands
Haversham.jpg

Thorine finally managed to find a home she thought suitable for her son and heir. It was a glorious period residence twenty miles from Obsidian, surrounded by ten acres of the most beautiful landscaped gardens. The drive way up to the house was long and afforded them much privacy, as did the gorgeous matured trees that surrounded the grounds just inside the high wall that also surrounded the grounds. Thorine and Goia had spent the best part of a morning jinxing and hexing the place against intruders muggle or magical. Those with the DE mark of course were always welcome and would only have to produce their mark to the Dolohov and Carrow family crests on the large gate at the front of the driveway. True she had confunded the muggle realtor in order to procure it at the very reasonable price she had but it had been worth it. Thorine could easily have used her legilemency on the weak minded woman but she preferred to keep her strength for other things, like playing with her four week old son Christian.

Goia of course was insisting that they hire another house elf to help, especially as Thorine was now in search of employment. This alone rattled her, she was not used to just wondering around the house. Julian strangely enough had been extremely understanding regarding the birth of her son, delighted that the DE would have a future possibly. But she did need employment, the money she had earned doing various mercenary jobs on behalf of the DE paid quite well but she and her small family could not be expected to live on it for long, especially after the house and managing to regain most of her family heirlooms from the Ministry of Magic in England, who had taken all her families wealth after her grandfather, uncle and mother had been thrown to Azkaban. They had held it in storage for some bizarre reason but luckily from her own position within the ministry she had found where and who was guarding this area. So it came to pass that when she left her position at the ministry and left England entirely, she had managed to retrieve quite a portion of her families wealth, priceless heirlooms, antique furniture and pictures. All would be delivered shortly to their new address.

She knew that she would have to agree to another house elf though, Goia was getting on in years and with such a large house and a baby to take care of, as well as gardens to maintain he would need as much assistance as possible. One more job for her she thought. Of course she also had another agenda entirely, she had moved here with the single purpose that she might just happen upon Tristan Drage, the father to her son Christian Antonin. He hadn't a clue of course and she still wasn't sure if she should tell him but how could she not? Goia had grudgingly gone around the house muttering such vile things as 'next you'll be drugging him to stay with you' which had irked her greatly. She knew he had some great love, that she herself would never mean anything to him but did she want her son growing up without a father? He was a pureblood baby after all and deserved the finest. Whether or not this was Tristan remained to be seeing but somehow or other, the words her house elf had uttered returned to haunt her constantly, until she was beginning to consider the possibility of a love potion. She could of course use her legilmency or occlumency but where was the fun in that. No, a love potion just might be the answer.

Of course if Thorine really considered it, she would find she was a greater catch than what she gave herself credit for - Tristan Drage wasn't the only man in the world and goodness knew in the magical community, alot would do well to attach themselves to a pureblood line and an instant pureblood family.

newborn-1.jpg

Christian Antonin Dolohov
born: 4th June 2021

Thorine walked into the front hallway looking about her as she did so, the house seemed awfully quiet.
"Goia? Goia?" she called out, it was strange that she was in such high spirits but she had managed to secure herself a job, actually better than that. She was now her own boss, on the biggest whim since she had bought the house she had gone and bought herself an Inn as well. Who cares that she hadn't the first clue how to run one, it couldn't be that hard after all and the place had two fine house elves already. One she was even considering bringing back to the house with her to help Goia.

There was still no answer and Thorine did not like that at all. If something was wrong surely she would sense it though.
"Goia?" she called again as she walked up the stairs to Christians room.

The sight that met her was strangely touching as well as humorous.
Goia was seated in a rocking chair with the baby in his arms, both fast asleep.
A smile crept up her features as she gently removed Christian from her house elves arms and placed him carefully into his crib. He didn't stir thankfully, so she very carefully woke Goia placing her finger to his mouth so he wouldn't call out in alarm.
"Follow me down stairs" she headed back out of her sons room and headed down to the drawing room.

Goia woke startled, the babe had been removed from his arms but his panic soon died as he saw his mistress standing over him holding a finger to his mouth to stem any flow of babble that he might issue forth. She knew him only too well, he looked for a moment at the baby in his crib before following his mistress obediently down the stairs.
"Mistress" he felt immediately that he must apologise for falling asleep when he should have been more alert, he would punish himself in due time of course, " I am sorry. I did not mean to fall asleep."

"Goia do not trouble yourself for now, you are old and taking care of my son is no easy task. I think I may have secured another house elf for us though. I have a job" she watched his face as her words sank in slowly.
"I purchased an Inn at the nearby village, down near the harbour".

She walked now to the drinks cabinet herself and poured a firewhisky.
Dealing with what seemed to be mainly young children was not what she had, had in mind when she took on the Inn but for some reason that was all that frequented the place. She would seriously have to change that of course.
"There are two house elves working there but one I am sure would be better suited here, taking care of the household duties while you take care of Christian. Does that seem fair to you? Or would you prefer to take care of the house?"
She would allow him the choice, he had worked within her family for many, many generations now. Surely she could give him that much.

Goia inclined his head respectfully at his mistresses kindness. She was so much more genteel since she had become pregnant and since having the baby, she was like a force of nature blasting through the country side. Merlin help anyone who might attempt to harm her precious child.

He looked up at her trying to gauge what position she would best like him to do and knew instinctively that she could only trust him and not any other house elf with her son. The honour was almost too unbearable for him, he wanted nothing more than to go and bash his skull open for daring to fall asleep with his young master in his arms. Anyone could have gotten to him.

"I will take care of the baby and will do a better job now I do not have the rest of the house to take care of..." he faltered though, would he have to seriously answer to another house elf after all this time. The shame of the thought which went against his mistresses wishes nearly sent him flying at last to the hearth to bang his head longingly against the hard stone wall.

Thorine arrested his flight, knowing full well what the foolish elf was about to do.
"Goia you are to stop that do you hear? I will not have you going around hurting yourself when you are now in charge of the care of Christian" she knew of course what was on his mind and though usually she wouldn't give a rats tail about how any house elf felt, this particular one meant alot to her and was the only other in this world who loved and adored her son nearly as she did.
"You are the senior elf here, what you say will always over ride anything by the other house elf but you must allow her to get on with her duties. No constant interference or interuptions unless it is completely necessary. You alone know how I like things and I will need you to impart your wisdom to her. Understood?"

She downed the firewhisky and allowed it to flow through her. After the ghastly evening she had this was very welcome indeed.
"I am retiring for the night Goia, I shall check in on Christian before doing so but please keep an ear out for him incase he cries. I shall be putting fresh charms around his crib for his protection, only you and I shall be able to remove him from the crib after they are in place".

Was she being paranoid about her son? Of course she was, he was the great grandson of the esteemed Death Eater Antonin Dolohov, the grandson of the death eater Salazar Dolohov and fellow DE and former Muggle Studies professor at Hogwarts Scotland Alecto Carrow. Even his uncle Amycus was a DE member, of course on Christians fathers side they were just as noble and poignant in the DE circles. Though she had heard rumours on her travels that he had sired a half blood. The thought disgusted her, how could such a pureblooded wizard lower himself?
"Goodnight" she muttered to Goia flinging her deep navy robes out behind her as she walked up the winding staircase to say goodnight to her baby.

Goia had been slightly taken aback when his mistress had announced that she had purchased an Inn. He had imagined her as many things but an Innkeeper was never one of them. This he felt was beneath her, no matter how desperate they may become for money. He pottered about the house the following morning preparing breakfast and Christians bottle before the mistress came to tell him that she would be taking her son with her to do some shopping and could he kindly go and open up the Inn for her. She also wanted him to meet the other house elves and put his foot down so to speak.
He had been delighted to know that he would not have to bend to the whims of some other elf who had no long standing obviously in a respectable family but rather could teach and manipulate, mould to his mistresses will the house elf she had chosen to help about the house. They all left the house at the same time, apparating into Obsidian, he bid her farewell with the promise he would take care of her Inn until she got there. She had seemed so secretive as she had walked away, cooing and laughing with her son.
No doubt when they met again at the house later, she would tell him about her day. It had almost become a habit now, one he had begun to look forward to.

The time had slipped by as if each day just melded into the next. Thorines new business at the Leaky Cauldron thrived, though she hated serving stupid students from Hogwarts or any other school for that matter. She was seriously considering banning them from entering unless they were accompanied by an adult. Christian was now four months old, completely adorable and the apple of his mothers eye. There was nothing she wouldn't do for him, she hadn't put her plans for Tristan on hold she just hadn't time to go through them in more detail.

The house, the Inn, her son all took up her precious time, as did of course her work with the DE so any plans she had had for Tristan had to wait. She had recieved a letter from the Drage girl, Tristan's half blood daughter letting her know that she couldn't obtain any book for her. It was with anger and total blindsided rage that Thorine had thrashed about the house that evening. If Goia had not cooled her temper with warnings of how she was terrifying her son, goodness only knew what Thorine would have done. As it was, she allowed the days to pass instead always wondering what her next move would be. It wasn't as if she passed him in the street anyway, it certainly wasn't as if any of the DE she had talked to recently even knew where he was. She had attempted to use her powers to find him but unless he was the other side of the world she couldn't reach him.

She woke one morning with a strange smile hovering on her beautifullly dangerous set face. Her good friend and colleague within the DE was an acclaimed professor of potions and an alchemist, Thorine would write to her or go to her store and see what she could do for her. The day was not going to be a complete waste after all.

Once again it would seem as if time melded into everything else, her business was going well. Her son Christian was thriving and finally she had been able to make contact with her old colleague. Life had certainly turned itself around and fortune did indeed appear to be in her favour. The howling of her son in his teething stage, as well as the howling of an incoming owl caused her to wince. She knew Goia would ease her sons pain in a heart beat so she went to see who was sending her mail. Perhaps Aphrodite had managed to secure the necessary ingredients at last, with that in mind and a smile on her face she opened the door and watched as the owl dropped its envelope and flew on without stopping. She caught it before it fluttered to the ground and scowled as she saw it was closed with a ministry seal.

She cracked it open as she stepped back into the huge hallway and began to read. The letter within seconds was falling to the floor, the ground felt as if it were rising up to meet her and if it hadn't been for the newer house elf inspecting her handiwork about the house, Thorine would have fallen into a complete faint on the floor. When she came to, the letter was in Goia's hand and big large tear drops were falling down the house elves face. Goia had been in the service of the Dolohov family since her grandfather Antonin Dolohov had been a young boy and now... now one of his oldest masters was dead.

Thorine sat up and took the letter, reading it again. It seemed impossible to imagine, all these years locked away in the depths of Azkaban had finally taken their toll on one of the greatest Death Eaters the world had ever known. The ministry were blunt and almost dismissive about his death, as if it meant nothing. Just another number, another wasted face and body that they had shut away to be forgotten about. Well she hadn't forgotten him, her son was called after him. Would her mother and uncle experience the same fate, of course they would.

"Goia, go take care of Christian. Eyma prepare my trunk I must leave for England immediately to arrange my grandfathers funeral" when both house elves were out of the room she went to the large bureau and taking out a quill and parchment wrote to Julian Faulkner, explaining what had transpired and that she would be gone for a small while to take care of necessary arrangements. After calling her owl and giving him the letter to take to her Death Eater leader, Thorine turned in time to see Eyma apparating at the foot of the stairs with the travelling trunk at her side and Goia with Christian Antonin Dolohov in his arms.

"We are ready then" wasting no more time, she stood amongst them and all apparated to the old house where she once grew up back in England.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back