Can't Make A Sound

Caina Dante

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Caina had been continuing to study for the upcoming exams. Grades mattered to her even if she refused to show it for the most part. Though as the more information had to be shoved into her mind, Caina grew less and less able to retain any information at all. "Maybe I'll just go for a walk" She said to herself as she dropped the text books on the bed.

Leaving the Slytherin dorm, Caina walked out into the dungeons. The cold dungeons air chilling her for a moment. The dungeons were always so cold, though there wasn't as much as a shock as when Caina had first stepped into the dungeons first year. It all seemed so long a go.

Walking through the dungeons, Caina tried to clear her mind. Hopefully she would soon be able to concentrate on her studies soon but until then the absentminded walk was a nice change.

Andrew had been wandering in the dungeons, as he tried to find his snake, Fernin.He had simply slithered out of his dorm and into the dungeons and Andrew came running behind him.Now he walked with a lightened wand in his hand and his eyes on th eground finding his snake.

He suddenly bumped into someone and his wand fell."Hey!what the.."than he recognised that someone to be Caina."Hey Caina, have you seen a loose emerald tree boa in the dungeons, I seem to have lost my pet?"he asked her with concern.

Caina took a deep breath, the cold dungeon air feeling her lungs. Maybe she should go back and study for a bit. Five more minutes She thought knowing quite well that five minutes would turn to ten then to fifteen. Not surprisingly Caina could live with that fact.

Suddenly she felt someone bump into her. As if by first reaction she took out her wand from her skirt pocket. "Lumos" She said the light feeling up the dungeons. "Oh Andrew" She said pointing her wand at the ground in attempt not to blind him.

As he asked about his boa, she shook her head. "I haven't seem him but I really wasn't looking either" Caina said shrugging. "How can you lose a snake though?" She asked a small smile on her face. A snake wasn't like a cat or something to that affect, weren't snakes always in glass cases? Maybe she just didn't know enough about snakes.

"Well, i was busy studying and than when I looked up it had slythered all the way to the exit of the common room"he said with a sigh as he picked up the wand and straightened himself, facing Caina, he looked into her eyes that were filled with amusment."Whats so funny about loosing a snake?"he asked her as he looked on sides trying to catch a glimpse of Fernin.

"You have any pets, not owls you know how difficult it is to handle them"he said shaking his head.Suddenly, something seemed to move near his pants and he picked up his snake."there you are little breat."Caina meet Fernin, Fernin she is Caina, my friend"he said with a smile.

"Still studying." She said rolling her eyes playfully. At least he cared about his grades. Maybe it wasn't completely un-Slytherin like to do so. Yet no matter what, Caina really wasn't going to admit how important her grades were to her. It just wasn't something that this thirteen year old did.

Smiling as he asked what was so funny about losing a snake, she shrugging. "I just would imagine it is quite hard to manage" She said a small laugh escaping her. "I mean it isn't the fastest creature in the world" She continued.

Though as he reached down and grabbed a snake, Caina couldn't help but back up just a bit. Snakes weren't the cutest creatures in the world but still they weren't a creature that she was scared of. Now bats, bats were something that Caina was afraid of.

"No I don't have any pets. I was hoping my mother would just send me galleons for Christmas so I could buy a cat" She said thinking that her mother would probably send her some awful outfit that Caina would rather die than wear.

Looking at the snake, Caina liked the name. It was an odd name though she did like it. Yet something did catch her off guart. Andrew had called her a friend. That seemed like a first. Smiling of coarse she looked at the snake. "Fernin. When did you get her?" Caina asked hoping that the snake was indeed female.

"Cats are nice pets too.You see I got this snake and an owl in a gift so I really couldn't choose.But I don't think I can manage three pets so I am happy with them."he said as he took Fernin back in his hands so he couldn't try to go near Caina.

"I think I got him a year ago.Its a male, but I have a female owl, her name is Tamara.We'd go to meet her someday.She is fun, unlike him.He's were moody."he explained Caina the things he thought about his pets.

He made a self note to get Caina a cat as her christmas gift."What kind of pet would you get for yourself?"he asked Caina as he walked towards the exit of the dungeons.

Caina listened as Andrew said that he had both a snake and an owl. Two pets now that would be a balancing act for her. Though she had never thought about it. Maybe she would be able to get a puffskein and a cat then or maybe an owl. Now choices were available, she would have to think about it.

"Oh a whole year old. He's sort of cute" Caina said not knowing how cute a snake could really be. She smiled at the name of the owl. It was a rather nice name. Andrew seemed to be a good namer of pets. Caina hoped she would be able to name her own cat something good.

Though as Andrew asked what type of pet she would get, the choices came up again. "Well I would get a cat first" Caina said "Then maybe a puffskien or an owl" She said shrugging guessing that maybe she would just get a cat this year. She could save up the money.

"Any particular cat you've seen for yourself?"he asked hoping she wouldnt get suspicous why he was intrested so much into Caina's cat pet."You see my friend, Kasey she works at the Pet shop.She is just too good with names because she usually asks the customers or suggest them the names and as she gifted me both the pets, I let her name them."he said admitting it.

Caina couldn't help but give Andrew an odd look when he wondered so much about Caina's cat choice. Though she shrugged it off. There were many types of cats. Maybe he was just curious. Now that made sense.

"Actually I was thinking a cute little tabby cat" Caina said laughing a bit at how that sounded. Usually she wasn't so girly about things but animals were rather cute and a little black kitten would always find a spot in Caina's heart. "What kind of owl do you have?" Caina asked curiously.

Though when Andrew said that his find had named both pets, she laughed a bit. "Well she's great at naming animals" Caina said "I'd probably pick a common name like Lina or something along those lines" She said thinking that now that she thought about it, that wasn't an awful name.

"I have a snowy owl"he said remebering that Caina liked Tabby cats. He was happy at the thought of gifting her a tabby cat whom she would name Lina." Its a nice name"he said with a smile.

"Common names are so in nowdays."he added. "Some students I know have named their Pets from the Professors name or stuff like that."he said as he laughed.

"So why were you here in the dungeons?"he asked her as he got a proper hold of Fernin.

"The best kind" Caina admitted thinking that snowy owls were always the prettiest ones in the shop and the ones that seemed to be almost rare. Beautiful creatures. They really were. Smiling slightly as Andrew thought Lina was a nice name. It was the first name that popped into her mind and she was actually growing fonder of it by the second.

"Students name their pets after Professors?" Caina repeated her tone questioning. Why would anyone name a pet after a Professor. Caina could never see herself naming a cat Nick or Kiara or anything to that affect. It just didn't seem right. The poor creature would always remind Caina of the Professor and what fun would that be.

Looking at the snake briefly, Caina tried to think of why she was in the dungeons. The thought of exams rushing back. "Oh I was studying for exams and I just needed a break" She explained trying to push the thought of exams out of mind but really she couldn't completely forget them. Who could until they were over.

"I just want those exams over and done with" She explained shaking her head a bit.

"Yeah well some do, its just like a teasing part of them. Like for instance if I call my pet Arthimos like its sort of disrepect for the Professor."he said hoping Caina would get what he was saying. Kasey had told him so and when it came to pets she was the one to ask.

"Yeah exams are very jerkish. What would we be doing during our OWLS? "he asked her shaking his head on the thought."So how many subjects did you cover so far?"he asked her.

Caina understood why someone would name their pet after a professor but really she didn't think it was the best thing to do. Maybe it didn't fit in her mind, that obviously didn't mean that others didn't find it a great naming process. Shrugging slightly as she passed the topic completely only wishing to come back when the topic of exams came up.

"You can say that again" Caina agreed. No one liked exams. She didn't understand why they even had to take them. She had to deal with classes all semester and now exams. Quite annoying.

The mention of owls sent her eyes rolling around once more. "Don't even mention owls" Caina said hating to even think about that far. "But I've covered a bit of everything just not enough" Caina said wondering if she was going slower on the studying than she should. Really she should spend a few more hours studying. "How is your studying going?" Caina asked pushing a stray piece of hair behind one ear.

He smiled as Caina agreed on the exam matter with him. Most of the students would unless those who were out of their minds, Andrew called them abnormal."Pretty bad.I realised that I had slept for three hours which were dediacted to Astronomy in a few moments after reading the notes" he replied."From all subjects, Astronomy is my worst. What about yours?"he asked her.

Caina couldn't help but let a small laugh when Andrew said he had fallen asleep when he was supposed to be studying for Astronomy. It wasn't an odd thing that happened though. Many nights, Caina had fallen asleep at her desk using the open book as a pillow. As the years went on, Caina guessed this would become more and more normal.

"I am like Astronomy" Caina said knowing that it may sound odd. Usually the class wasn't too boring even though Caina made the Professor think she hated the topic with the passion. That really wasn't the case at all.

"My worst subject would probably be Transfiguration" Caina said hating that subject without a doubt. It was just so pointless in her opinion. Now if they would learn some spells that came in handy it would be better, but still the class failed to do that for Caina.

Andrew listened as Caina said she liked Astronomy. He was cool with it as he knew that some people really did. "Yeah well, I like Transfiguration but if you aren't going to use it much that it maybe useless.It depends on your occupation"he said thoughtfully.

"And well I want to become an animagus so it transfiguration I'll have to do.SO I guess its worth it for that."he added remembering the chat he and Zuka had about Animagus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back