Cant Help but Miss it.

Raffael Fox

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Raff had had enough of studying. He found himself in the trophy room studying the erray of cold metal instead. He read the names carved into the cups and shields, wishing he were back in Beauxbatons. His name was on several there. He had won many acedemic achievements etc. Over here, he was a no one. He had no status. He had no friends. He was practically a shadow. He couldnt help but miss his home. His Paris. His school. His friends. His life. New Zealand was different and although Raff had accepted his parents were finally over he couldnt help but wish he could go back to what he used to have. As he traced a finger over a golden trophy he let his thoughts wander back to his life that he had to leave behind.

Carlisle had been walking along the corridors.. As he usually did when he wasn't in the forest. He seemed always to be on the move. He never had any idea of where he was going or why. But he always kept going. Walking on hands, feet, anything that took his fancy.

He found himself in a room that he hadn't been in before. interesting, The first thing that came to his notice was the gold and silver, shining like beckons in the dim room. He made his fluid movents over in the direction of the case when he noticed another boy there.. maybe a little bit older then him. A smile crossed his lips, "Bonjour Monsieur". He took one of his jester like bows and gave the boy another of his odd smiles, "Have a liking for shining things or is there something else on your mind?". Carlisle had the oddest way of putting out his first lines of conversations.. often catching people off guard and more then often hitting the mark

Raff looked around when he heard someone greeting him in French. He raised an eyebrow only to catch sight of the Carlisle boy that Andy had said she was dating. Well of course, that could change considering he hadnt spoken to the girl in ages. "Bonjour." He said in return, feeling strange to be using a french saying after so long at this school.

The next comment made Raff raise his eyebrow once more. "Well as nice as shiny things are, Im just mulling over thoughts." He admitted. "How about yourself? What brings you to the Trophy room?" He asked, noting he hadnt spoken to the boy in ages when really he should have.

"How about yourself? What brings you to the Trophy room?"

Carlisle paused for a moment in thought, "I too, mulling thoughts over and stumbled in I spose"
Mulling things over indeed. More like trying to leave behind the bad thoughts by walking them off. Like he thought that would ever work.

He walks over to the boy before asking with a curious lilt, "We've met before haven't we?.. Raffael wasn't it?" He wasn't as good as he would have liked with names but things always seemed to work out pretty fine anyway. He wondered if the boy knew he wasn't with Andy anymore.. or if he would bother with Carlisle if he knew. Was he brought up in social standings with people because he was dating the girl that everyone seemed to love? Who knew... Most probably.

Raff nodded at Carlisles answer. When he then walked over to him and asked if they had met before Raff nodded again. "Yeah, before school started." He laughed lightly, glad that Carlisle could now act as a distraction from his, would one call it sulking? Maybe. Depended which way one looked at it. "Yeah, Raff if you like." He said, before adding. "And your Carlisle?" Just in case he had gotten the boy mixed up with someone else.

Carlisle smiled as Raff seemed to be lightening up. He offered up his nickname and asked for confirmation that Carlisle was indeed..well..Carlisle. "That I am.." He took a slight bow and beamed happily. "Ever get called Riff Raff before?" He asked with a light laugh of his own. He had nearly forgotten the reason he had been walking around so glumly or any of the past events... Which certainly was an improvement for the moment.

Carlisle's head tilted to the side slightly as he looked over the boy. He now seemed rather fine but only a few moments before his face held different expressions. Now Carlisle is a rather gifted deductionist and quickly put together the link between his 'mulling over thoughts' had something to do with the trophies or what they reminded him of. Perhaps he was a good player and something had happened? Carlisle's brow furrowed the slightest. He hadn't heard of him being brilliant at anything and from a quick side glance.., saw his name on none.

The boy seemed to have the slightest trace of an accent to his voice which Carlisle had now been trying to pick up. French, it only just came to him, The boy was french. Perhaps he was a big hotshot in france and now found himself rather like a shadow of his former self in this land.. He mulled the thought over for a moment.. what a horrible feeling.

Raff smiled and then made a mock horrified face. "Ive been called everything. Riff Raff, Raffle ticket, you name it, Ive most likely been called it." He laughed, remembering each of his friends back home had a different nickname for him. His face fell for only a second, before he forced himself to think positive and he began strolling around the room again as a silence crept upon him and Carlisle.

Raff shot a look back at Carlisle, who seemed to be in intense thought. Raff raised a curious eyebrow and asked, "What are you thinking about?"

Lame sorry. :doh:

Carlisle let out another laugh as Raff went on with the Nicknames the boy had. But the smile only half reached his eyes that were still carefully watching him. Carlisle never intends to look at people like this.. it just seems the only way he can pick up every detail. And there it was, near confirmation of his earlier thoughts. Raff's face fell after he said the nicknames which could only lead Carlisle to believe that the people who called him these were back in France and by extension... He was missing home.

Raff started to move around the room but shot a look back to Carlisle and asked what he was thinking about. Carlisle broke the concentration and his face lit up with welcoming warmth and humor. "Uhm.. you might think its abit weird. But I like to figure out what a person's position and feeling is when I talk to them. It helps me to stick in their good books and help out where I can. I mean not to intrude.. I just don't want to say something stupid.. It also helps when somebody is planning to hit your or something" He let out another chuckle

Raff's interest perked up when the boy said Raff might think it was weird. He listened and did not find what Carlisle said weird at all. In fact it made alot of sense, but Raff always had difficulty reading people. He nodded slowly and gave Carlisle a somewhat impressed look as he chuckled lightly at the comment about knowing if someone was going to hit you. He looked at Carlisle and stopped walking for a second. "Alrighty, what am I thinking about?" He asked, in a light tone, so Carlisle knew he wouldnt care about what Carlisle said. Truth be told, if the boy already knew then Raff wouldnt mind if the boy spoke up about it.

Carlisle was the slightest bit surprised when Raff actually looked impressed by his last statement. Most people took more concern to it and even thought of it as a violation of their privacy. And he supposed.., to an extent.. it was.

"Alrighty, what am I thinking about?"

Carlisle's head tilted to the side as he looked at raff for a moment. "Home.. you miss home. Home is France... and by your accent.. I would put you around Paris somewhere." He paused a moment in the quiet before adding, "And friends.."He looked over to the trophies in the case and lifted a finger to them, "Perhaps even your academic or standings?". The arm dropped back down to Carlisle's side and he smiled one of his odd smiles that seemed to catch peoples attention in a way that you wouldn't expect.

Raff listened to Carlisle and his eyes grow slightly wider the longer he listened. He stood staring at Carlisle, then he slowly raised an eyebrow. "Impressive. Hit the nail right on the head." He said, going to turn away before turning back, "A little scary actually." He point a finger absently, before chuckling and beginning to walk again. "Yeah I miss it like crazy." He said more to himself than anything. He turned back to his fellow transfer. "Your obviously from France to. How you fitting in at Hogwarts?" He asked, curious to know if he was the only one that missed what he used to have back home.

"Impressive. Hit the nail right on the head."

Carlisle's odd smile once more touched his liops and he lent against the wall behind him with a sigh. He, like everyone, liked to hear that his talents were impressive "A little scary actually." . Well....maybe he shouldn't have put so much detail into it? Carlisle mentally rolled his eyes at himself before his attention turned back to raff who had just asked how he was fitting into Hogwarts.

Carlisle closed his eyes for a moment as his mind flickered through all the things that had happened to him since he had come here.. the last thing was the image of Andy in the café. A pang hit somewhere deep within him. He stayed quiet for a long time before putting on a smile and saying, "New Zealand offered me..new opportunities.... True I miss home... But for me.. It was a fresh start..".

Carlisle moved off the wall and closer to Raff pointing in his direction in an almost zombie like way with a curiously tilted head, "You on the other hand.. left a perfect life.. and I could not begin to imagine what it would be like to come here.. near but a shadow of the brilliance of France..."

Raff chuckled at Carlisle comment about detail but left it at that. Raffael kind of wished he could do that. He completely failed at reading people, yet Carlisle could practically read his mind. Raff hadnt even said all that much in the conversation. Weird.

He listened as the other boy spoke about his home, but said he thought of coming to New Zealand as a new beginning. Raff wished he could look at it like that, maybe in time he would, it was just hard is all. Raff simply nodded as Carlisle explained.

He watched as the Gryffindor came towards him with a finger outstretched and his head to the side. Raff furrowed his brow. "Erm. Well yeah. It wasnt exactly perfect, but it was a good life." He said, although he soon after shook his head. "Dude, creeping me out a bit." He chuckled, before beginning to walk around, occationally stopping to read a name inscribed in a trophy. Maybe he would have his name on at least one before the time he left the school. He sure hoped so.

"Dude, creeping me out a bit."

Carlisle dropped the hand with a laugh but this time his body followed the falling hand and he did a one handed cartwheel before coming back and doing the same again but stopping halfway so he was now standing upside down on his hand. "I do tend to creep people out sometimes.. but don't worry.. I'll keep my thoughts to myself..and im generally an easy going guy nowadays" He said as he spun his hand so his body followed, making the world spin around him.

((sorry for the lameness))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back