Can You Get A Second Chance At A First Impression?

Jasmine Wolfe

OOC First Name
Lauren
Jasmine knew that having a good relationship with your team mates was one of the most important things in Quidditch and unfortunately things had been awkward with herself and Sara. They were both Chasers on the Slytherin Team but they had barely said two words to each other which made games and practices quite uncomfortable. Jasmine decided to bite the bullet and to speak to Sara after the practice had ended to clear the air so they could play well together in the next game. She knew Athena didn't think much of her cousin and Jasmine had been loyal to her best friend so far but Quidditch meant that the young Slytherin had to be more amenable and be considerate of things bigger than herself and her best friend. She hadn't seen Sara hang around with Fleur much after that day so she didn't think they were that good of friends anyway which would make things easier between the two of them.

Before making her way to the changing rooms with the rest of the team she tapped Sara on the shoulder "Er Sara... Is it okay if we have a chat?" she asked her team mate "I know we didn't really meet on the best of terms last year but since we're team mates I think it would be good if we could be friendly" she said to the the older Slytherin girl with a smile.

Sara had been pleased when she had made the Quidditch team officially, and she had been proud of herself for having tried out for Chaser which was available as opposed to getting the keeper position, as an alternate, once again. She did play last year but if she was more consistent with her playing she would gain more experience which was what she was aiming for. Chaser was the literal opposite of Keeper and this was going to allow Sara to have a chance at seeing the game from a different viewpoint. Unfortunately one downside to being Chaser was the fact that her own cousin’s best friend was not only on the team with her, but she too was a chaser. Sara and Jasmine had had a little misunderstanding when they met and the older Slytherin had quickly forgotten why that was in the first place. She didn’t specifically have anything against the younger brunette so she couldn’t understand her dislike anymore. Sara had changed her attitude towards her cousin over the holidays, though she doubted Athena had changed hers over Sara. As far as she was concerned, Athena still wanted nothing to do with Sara. It aggravated her that she got along so well with Leo, the sibling Sara was closest to.

It came as a surprise when after one of the team practices she was pulled aside by none other than Jasmine, and Sara smiled at her a little awkwardly. She wasn’t trying to be awkward or weird, of course, but it was just how it was. She used to look at Jasmine and see Athena next to her, which always annoyed her. But what surprised her more was when Jasmine told her what Sara had thought just moments before. She took several seconds to compose herself and give the younger Chaser a response. "Oh, yeah, of course. I’m sorry about last time. I’d love to start over," she replied, sticking out her hand for the girl to shake to signal the start of being friendly. "Plus, we're teammates, I think we owe it to each other. Especially if we want to help each other during practice sometime," she added, throwing the idea out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back