Calming down after the gossip

Efeyenia Samartzi

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Undecided
Wand
17" Ebony Wand Essence of a Dragon Talon
Nia had left the catle after everything had settled down realtively from the Gossip magazine that morning. Not too many people had taken it well at all, her included. Even though her friends had reassured her that her mention meant nothing to them she still couldn't believe someone would even try to crack a hole in the Glam Squads friendship.

She swiftly made her way down to the lake front, she didn't know why she had decided to go here, but it seemed peaceful and that's what she needed, to get away from the gossip. Despite this fact she still couldn't help but read the magazine over and over again. She sat down under a large tree, shaded nicely from the sun. She read the magazine one last time and stood up.

She started from the back, the page she was mentioned in, and ripped it out, wrapped it into a ball and threw it into the water. She knew it would do nothing, but it gave Nia a satisfaction. She ripped out the next page.

James stormed out of the castle, his hands in his pockets and a frown on his face. Some idiot had made a gossip magazine, and lots of people's feeling were hurt. James didn't know any of the people mentioned, but it was still a horrible thing to do.

Natasha still wasn't talking to him, and he couldn't seem to find her when she wasn't surrounded with her friends or with Avadia He wanted to get as far away from people as possible. He started for the cliffs, then changed his mind. The lakeside seemed like a pretty good place to think.

As he went closer to the lake, he saw a girl ripping up something, and throwing it into the water. He sighed, it was probably another person who had gotten upset about the stupid gossip magazine. He was going to walk away from her, but he decided against it. He hadn't talked to many people, the only person he had actually talked to this year was a Hufflepuff. He walked over to the girl, and sat down against the tree. "You might not want to throw it in the lake, the mermaids might hate you for it." he said, smirking. His fringe flopped into his eyes, and his typical black clothes weren't creased for a change. He was beginning to try to get on with life, even though the world was changing.

Nia continued to rip up the flith magazine into little shreads, she was almost finished, a sly smirk crawled across her face as she ripped up the pages. She heard a voice from behind her, she didn't recognise it. Rolling her eyes to herself she said, not looking at the boy, "Do I look like I care." a harshness in her tone, and as usual when she spoke harshly she spoke in Greek. It had come so natural to her after 12 years that she didn't even realise she spoke Greek at all.

"Anyway, it might give the mermaids something to read. God knows I don't want to." She added in English. She turned round to see the boy who had spoken to her and she resummed her seat under the tree, letting out a small sigh of relieve she said, "Much better." with a slight laugh.

James didn't understand what the girl had said, but it was obvious it wasn't nice. He snorted at the girl's next comment. "Okay then, suit your self." he shrugged, he really didn't care what this girl did. "What kind of idiot would even think about writing a magazine like that...?" he mused. he had been speaking almost in a whisper, but the girl would be able to hear him.

"Did they mention you." he said in a bored voice, more of a statement than a question. He was sure they must have, otherwise she wouldn't be so angry.

Nia shook her head, "I honestly haven't got a clue." she said truthfully. "But who ever it is must have eyes and ears everywhere. It's not even possible to pin point it to one house." she commented, they had been gossip from every house, unless it's a group of people, she thought.

Nia nodded, "Last page. Did you read it?" she asked. If he had, she'd only have to mention her name, it wasn't the most common around the school.

James frowned. "Well whoever it it, they are going to be found out eventually." he said savagely. He knew most of the students would be trying to find out who wrote the hateful magazine. He didn't know many people in the school, so he didn't have a clue who wrote it.

"Last page, wasn't that the random bits of gossip bit? What's your name?a" James said, thinking. "There was a lot of gossip on Isabella Chaos. I think whoever did it doesn't like her much..." he suggested.

Nia nodded in agreement, it was only a matter of time until the owls were traced back to the source, it couldn't be an outside source? she thought, but it wasn't possible, no one would be able to get into the school to get that sort of information.

"That's the one." She said as he recalled the page. "Efeyenia Samartzi. What's yours?" She asked, it only seemed right that she knew his name, afterall he now knew hers, along with everyone else who read the magazine and could put 2 and 2 together. Nia frowned, "I don't know why people would dislike Bella, she one of the nicest people I've met" she said truthfully, but when she thought about it, Bella had got burned quite a bit, I hope she's ok. she thought.

Wow, that's a mouthful. James thought as the girl intoduced herself. "James Bell." he said. "You're in the Glam Squad, would that be correct?" he asked, already knowing the answer. "She's in Slytherin, right?"

(Ultra lame post alert! Brain has stopped working! :frantics: )

Tis ok

"Nice to meet you James" she said as he introduced himself, it seemed weird to be only saying it now and they had already been talking for a few minutes. Nia grinned, "Yes I'm in the Glam Squad." She answered, she found it amusing that boys knew, or even cared about the Glam Squad.

Especially James, by the look of him he didn't follow the normal fashion sense, he had his own style. Something that Nia admired in people, especially boys, was going by their own style and not what people say they should wear. Living in her own constraints, she could understand what it was like to be forced to wear something you are told to wear.

Nia nodded again, "Yeah, we're all in Slytherin. There's Bella, who you've already mentioned, the leader." She started off explaining. "Then there is Alyssa Snow, the next in command." She continued, taking a sigh she said, "That's what the magazine said, that I was taking over Alyssa, that I was going be the next one in line" She said with a roll of her eyes, as if? The only time that would happen was when they all graduated and Nia would take the role for her last year and hand it down again.

"Then there's Abbey Lurken, she joined a bit before me." she continued, going back to her original train of thought. "Well they are all third year Slytherins, so were friendly enough to start, then I joined near the end of my first year. I'm second year now." She finished, that should cover everything, well the minimum anyway, there was more she could tell, but would wait to seeif he had anymore questions.

"Huh, I'd have thought there were more people in the Glam Squad..." James commented. He supposed only cetain people actually got into the the so-called 'Glam Squad'. Abbey Lurken... The name sounded familier. "Lurken... Avadia's friend." he said angrily, thinking of his evil cousin. Avadia wasn't that evil, but in James's eyes she was. "I'm third year." he said when Efeyenia told him that she was second year. "Is it only girls who can join the Glam Squad?" he asked, more as a joke than a question. Surprisingly, he actually cared about fashion and all that stuff. He knew Becky would want to join the Glam Squad if it wasn't just Slytherins too.

Nia shrugged lightly, "We're a very exclusive group of people." She said jokingly, but quite frankly they were fairly exclusive. Nia looked at James, slightly confused, "Sorry, don't know an Avadia. Actually don't know many of Abbey's friends, just Bella and Aly." She said.

I don't know many people full stop she thought angrily to herself. If only she wasn't made to drop out before Halloween last year she may have actually had some friends, in her own year. Not that she minded Bella, Aly and Abbey deing older than her, but when they left she would be alone. She let out a small sigh at the thought, but pushed it back, That's not for another four years she reminded herself.

Nia thought about James' question, "I honestly don't know." She admitted with a laugh. "If you proved yourself worthy, you might be in with a chance. But you'd have to be approved by us all." She continued. "Why? Do you want me to set you up with an appointment?" she asked jokingly.

"Well, you probably won't want to meet her, she's an idiot." James said harshly. Avadia wasn't all that bad, but James still hated her. He didn't usually have grudges against people, but this was different.

"I reckon you know a lot more people than me." he said seriously. "I basically know people who are related to me, and a few of their friends." he smirked. James was such a social person Not.
He rolled his eyes. "Oh no, what would the rest of the Glam Squad think was worthy?" he joked, looking scared. "Funny." he smiled, one of the very first real smiles he had done in years. "I know someone who would kill to be in the Glam Squad. Pity she's in Hufflepuff really, she has a mind like a Slytherin." he shook his head fondy.

"What's makes her so bad?" Nia asked, intrigued, although she probably shouldn't have asked, it wasn't nice to pry into people's lives, Since when do I care what people think? she asked herself, surprised. "You don't have to tell me though." she said quickly, before he could reply. The one thing Nia didn't want to do was scare away the first person who had talked to her outside of the Glam Squad, and she had to admit she, James was beginning to grow on her.

Nia snorted at his next comment, "Let's see," she began counting on her fingers, "The Glam Squad." She stated holding up three fingers, "A little first year who I really couldn't care less about." She continued holding up a fourth finger, "And you." A full hand. She gave a shrug, "I suppose there's my family as well, but I try to avoid them as much as possible." She stated rolling her eyes, "Which thankfully is easy to do." She commented.

Nia laughed at James, "I wouldn't be all that much, just impeccable taste in fashion among other things." She said, not sure how to explain the ridiculing part. "What her name?" Nia asked, wondering if the girls had ever mentioned her as someone with good or bad taste. "Ha! Everyone wishes they were in Slytherin, it is the best house after all." She said with a cheeky grin.

James shrugged. "I found out that my twin sister wasn't actually my sister, and she has an identical twin of her own." he said, the simple version of the story. "Avadia is my sister, Natasha's twin and now Avadia won't let Natasha talk to me." he snorted. "Just a petty thing." he said dismissively.

"About the same as me then. I know my family, a second year Hufflepuff, Natasha's friends and you." he smirked. And Clover. he thought, remembering. Clover had been a good friend, even if she was in Gryffindor. That was before she disappeared. James had never found out what happened to her.

"Lucky, if I want to avoid my family, which is most of the time, I have to practically stay in the common room. I'm the only Slytherin in my family." he chuckled, saying the last sentence with a hint of pride.

James raised his eyebrows. "That probably disqualifies me then." he smirked, looking down at his black clothes. They weren't bad, but not exactly 'high fashion'. "Um, Becky Gale." he said. He remembered back in first year when he had a crush on Becky. Such childish times. "She's been at Beauxbatons for best part of three years, so she wouldn't be known very well yet." he smiled. "I think she would suit Slytherin, she's changed a lot since she was eleven. A lit less naive." James said the last sentence quietly, but it was true: Becky had been rather naive when she was younger. Not any more though.

Nia listened to his story, surprised he had told her. It was pretty personal and the two Slytherins hardly knew each other. "Wow, James." She said, not sure what else to add to it, "I'm sorry to here that. If you want I'll beat her up for you?" She suggested, with a light laugh.

"Do you have a lot of family in the school?" She asked, duh obviously. she mentally scolded herself. Nia chuckled, "Nice one. I'm sure your parents were proud." She said sarcastically, if he was the first in Slytherin, they were probably far from it, although she could be wrong. "I'm the first into Slytherin too. Although my mum went to Beaubaxtons and dad was home schooled. And I'm an only child." She stated.

Nia shurgged, "You never know, you look like you could scrub up well. With the right fashion guildness that is." She said with an impish, yet innocent look on her face. Nia shook her head, "No haven't heard of her, but I suppose being at Beauxbatons would do that." She said with a small laugh. "Everyone is niave at that stage. I'm sure you were?" She asked more as a question than a statement, she didn't know him when he was 11 so she could be completely off.

James laughed. "Much as I would love you to, I don't think that is a good idea." he joked. "Yeah, loads of them. And I'm the only Slytherin." he grinned. James shrugged, Del had acted completely different about getting into Slytherin that he had thought. "Del, my mum, was proud actually. Dad died, but I guess he wouldn't care." he said. He knew his dad had been in Ravenclaw, but he had no idea Delani had been in Slytherin, she had told him that she went to Beauxbatons for all her school years.

James rolled his eyes. The Glam Squad was strange, very strange. "Of course, as you said, everyone is. Half the first years I've met think the world revolves around them." he sniggered, thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back