Caleb Mintkin

Caleb Mintkin

OOC First Name
Chalky
-Full Name: Caleb Mintkin

- Birth Date: October 16 2011

- Current Age: 11

- Basic Appearance: Light brown hair, deep blue eyes, relatively tall and well built

- Parents: His Mother (Jane) and father (Terry) are both dead. They were experimenting with new spells once, and got one seriously wrong. Blew the whole house up, with them and their 6 month old baby daughter inside. This was when Caleb was 10 years old.
Now he lives with his uncle (Peter), Peter’s new wife (Debby)(he re-married 3 years ago) and Peter’s 4 sons (Sam [17 years old], Will [15 years old], Ben [14 years old] and Connor [7 years old])

- Siblings, if any: Older brother (Todd [13 years old]), 3 little sisters (Katie [9 years old], Harriet [8 years old], Frederica [4 years old])

- Pets, if any: A Springer spaniel called Milly

-Best friends: He is going out with a Muggle called Alice, his uncle disaproves entirely of her, but Caleb says that they are in love. His closest Male Muggle friends from his band and at school are called Harry, Jaymey and Danny.

- Area of Residence: An old Victorian 4 story house in the countryside, somewhere near obsidian harbor.

- Blood status: most of his family except his mother’s parents are magic.

(If your character is a sorted student) :
- Hogwarts House (And why):
- Best school subjects (And why):
- Worst school subjects (And why):

Muggle school

- Best school subjects (And why): He went to a special Muggle school for the musically talented, so he is obviously good at music, dance and drama.

- Worst school subjects (And why): English, because he is dyslexic, and Maths because it’s really boring!

- What would their Patronus be? A Buzzard, because he is strong and when he dances it’s beautiful!

- What would their Bogart be? A rat. He has a deep fear of rats after one was suspected of killing his gunea-pig when he was 5 :(

- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) A tiger, because he is strong and fast

- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Him with a letter accepting him to some world famous music/dance/performing school

- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? The time his band (which he plays guitar in) won the musician of the year contest at school. And the sound of the audience cheering them on and seeing them give a standing ovation.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:

Hello Caleb.

Just a few questions for you to buy your time. ^_^
I don't mind either way in which you answer them. Just yeah felt like asking them...</COLOR>

[ul][li]You say both his parents were killed in the accident. Was your little sister killed as well along with them? Could you tell us a bit about how you were feeling and if he stills thinks a lot of the accident? Also, is there anything that scares him now eg. louds noises, bright lights, e.t.c. ?</LI>
[li]How do you feel that you have to share a house with so many other people? Do you argue a lot and find there is not enough space? Are your sisters and brother staying with your uncle too?
[li]You told us a bit about you going to a dramatic arts school. How passionate are you about this? Which one do you excel mostly in?
[li]Do you like the area you're living in now? Or does it bother you?
[li]Does Alice know anything about you being a wizard? Do you plan to tell her sometime and/or will she ever discover the secret? (even by accident)
<LI>[li]Have you ever been bullied on the fact that your a boy and dance and sing by other children?
[/li][/ul]

<COLOR color="firebrick">I think that'll do for the time. Nice CD so far by the way. :D

I do think about the accident a lot, I was always worried that one of mum or dad’s spells would go wrong one day. It was too much to lose them, I still get really sad when I think about it, and angry, because they didn’t only kill themselves, but my little sis, Jeanie as well!
Yeah, I’m pretty scared of loud bangs now, I’m just generally pretty jumpy. Although that is slowly wearing off now.
Yeah they do live with us too. It does Get pretty hectic, and we do have our fair share of arguments, (practically with Ben and Connor) but no more than can be expected I suppose. My uncle’s house is huge! Its got loads of rooms and its on a 15 acre plot of land, with loads of trees and horses and stuff, so there’s always something to do, and we don’t always have to be ‘under each other’s feet’ as they say.
I love my dramatic arts school, my favourite subject is music, but my best grades are in dance. :D
I love where I live, in the heart of Gloucestershire, it’s great. I couldn’t think of a more beautiful place to live.
I hope not to tell her, all she knows is that I’m going to boarding school, but I won’t tell her which one, she thinks I’m going to Dean close in Cheltenham.
Well because all of the people at my school do the same thing as me, no I don’t get bullied about that. I have never been to an “ordinary” school, and I don’t know very many people outside of school, accept my family and neighbours, who all encourage it! :)

(OOC)Just a couple of questions...

-I know it's the obvious one but, why, if your character lives in Britain, is he going to hogwarts here in New Zealand?

- And, more of a comment really but, while it's not impossible to be in love at 11yo, it is very unlikely that an adult would take it seriously enough to bother disapproving of it, especially so if he's raised other children. unless your character's uncle disaproves of all of Caleb's muggle friends? In which case why would he send Caleb to a muggle school?

Asides from that it's a really good character :)

All of the magical people in my family have gone to the hogwarts, so its logical, itn't it?

I do love her, very much. I don't know why some people disaprove!
He thinks he loves her, but the love is trivial. And his uncle knows this, and its what he disaproves of, he dosen't think they should be having such an 'intimate relationship' at their age.<i></i>

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't clear in my first question, I meant why is he going to Hogwarts in New Zealand not the one in Britain?

And, as for the second question, I'm sorry but I've had 2 kids (& my husband 4) and it doesn't matter how 'in love' they think they are at 11, you do not take it seriously. your kids are telling you who is the love of their lives & who they're going to marry before they're 3 years old. You might find them holding hands & kissing, playing 'if you show me yours' or even 'mummys & Daddys' at assorted times, it's all just things Kids do & if your uncle has 3 older sons then he will already have seen it all. An 11year old character is still 'just a kid' in they eyes of an adult & 'intimacy' is not something you worry about. If he were 13 or 14 it would be different, but not at 11. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back