Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 14" Flexible Larch Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Lennon had only been at the Quidditch match for a few minutes when his Head of House, unfortunately also the Flying professor, had kicked him out and demanded he go to his office. All his posters had been confiscated but Lennon had let a bunch of pamphlets loose in the crowd so they were scattered all over the stands. They didn't have pictures of Jean Snow, but at least it still got his point across. Lennon sighed as he followed Professor Cliffeton back up to the castle and into his office. Lennon tried his best not to roll his eyes as he took a seat in one of the available armchairs at the front of the man's desk and sat down patiently. It was going to be a long four years with Professor Cliffeton as his Head of House.

Justin held back a huge sigh as he walked Lennon Cohen-Knight to his office after yet another Quidditch incident. He couldn't understand why he went to so much trouble over Quidditch, it wasn't a dangerous sport at the castle and the staff and referees were always on hand to ensure that things didn't go terribly wrong. He took a seat behind his desk as Lennon took one of his own, and he let his sigh out. He threw all but the Jean Snow poster into his fireplace, and placed the other one on his desk. "Explain why you think this is appropriate. There is 5 years of students who would have known Jean, did you even stop to think how showing them something like this would make them feel?" He was furious, and he wouldn't be getting off lightly for this. It was disgrace to Jean's memory, and a disgrace to his house that he would do something as stupid as this.

Lennon pursed his lips to keep his own frustrated sigh from escaping because he wasn't trying to get into more trouble. He tried to keep his tone neutral as he responded, but as a teenager sometimes he couldn't help the attitude in his voice. "I was thinking that maybe they'd finally realize that this stupid sport actually does kill people, like I've been saying," he retorted. "If people can see that it actually happens even to someone they know then they'll finally get it," he reasoned, heated by his passion and not anger. People only cared about something if they were invested personally in the issue somehow, Lennon knew this and had used that tactic. Or tried to before Professor Cliffeton had stopped him.

Justin held back another sigh. This was unbelievable that he would go as far as to defend that stupid action. "Imagine if it was a family member of yours that had died? You're not the only person in this school who knew Jean, if even a single Ravenclaw comes to me to complain about what they saw I'm going to let you explain to them why they had to experience that stupidity." He said, with another sigh. "This is unacceptable behaviour, and for a Ravenclaw I figured you would have acted smarter than this." He continued. His temper wasn't going to go away anytime soon. "You're not to take a single step on the Quidditch Pitch for the remainder of the year, and if I see another one of your posters, signs, or leaflets, you will receive detention every night for the rest of the year. Tonight, I want you to come back here for a detention. You'll also lose 10 house points for disgracing your house." He finished, and flicked his wand to open the door. "I'll see you later." He said, indicating that there would be absolutely no discussion.

Lennon couldn't contain himself and actually huffed out a laugh as he dryly replied, "A family member of mine did die because of this inane sport! Why else do you think I give a poop?" He didn't care that he had just cursed because he was already in trouble so it wasn't going to change his punishment. Lennon wouldn't have cared so much about the safety of the players if he hadn't been personally affected by its horrors to begin with. He shook his head in disbelief when Professor Cliffeton kept lecturing him and muttered, "This is ridiculous." He knew he was stubborn because he wasn't going down without a fight, but he expected his Head of House to be more understanding. "You can stop me from making posters about Jean Snow but you can't stop me from protesting," he said fiercely.

Just because Professor Cliffeton didn't agree with his point of view it didn't mean he could restrict Lennon from freedom of speech. And if the man wanted to take points from his new house then that was his choice. The Ravenclaw was frustrated that he had such a short-tempered man as his Head of House and felt anger and pain boiling inside him. He felt alone, like he couldn't go to anyone who would understand because his Head of House was supposed to be the one he could turn to, but he couldn't do that. Lennon left the office without another word since the Flying professor clearly wasn't interested in hearing his students out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back