Butterfly Chaser

Penelope Fournier

Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Pixie Hair
Penelope sighed as she wandered around on the great lawn. She had nothing on her mind at the moment, she was just wandering. Penelope lay down on the grass after a while. There were flowers nearby. Bees buzzed in and out of the flowers. She stood up when she saw a butterfly. She took a closer look at the orange and black butterfly. The butterfly seemed to take a closer look at Penelope. The butterfly apparently decided to fly away from her.

She chased after the butterfly. It zigzagged, as if trying to lose Penelope. She kept running, watching only the butterfly, until she bumped in to someone. She fell backwards, blushing. Penelope quickly stood up. "Sorry about that," she said, just a little disappointed in losing the butterfly. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

Alexandra was a bit off today, or so she thought. It started in the morning with a heavy enough headache and then it went downhill from there. She had barely taken in a word from the mornings lessons, ate very little at lunch and now was terribly hungry. Great.
She clutched her head in anguish as she walked out of the doors, hoping that a bit of fresh air would do the trick. So she walked slowly down the lawn and tried to think of something that would help, other than headache pills that is.
Moments later she collided headon with someone, yelped and fell to the ground. She stood up again and was on her way to snap out a biting comment when she discovered who it was.
"Penny! No no I wasn't looking. So sorry." Pause, in which Alix rubbed her head in an effort to calm the headache down, and fails. "I haven't seen you in a looong while, Penny." She said. "And you unfortunately caught me on one of my more horrible days..." Alix added, while chuckling.

Penelope looked at the person she had bumped in to. It was Alix! She shook her head. "Alix, it was my fault, trust me," she said. "I was chasing a butterfly." She thought for a moment. "Well, then I guess it was the butterfly's fault!" She giggled a little. "Maybe it's fortunate, though, that I met up with you on a bad day," Penelope said. "Because maybe I can make your day better." She winked.

Penelope felt a breeze and watched the grass sway. "So, how have you been besides the current day that's horrible?" she asked. "I hope you haven't been having many days like these."

"A butterfly? That's nice." Alix said, hopefully sounding not too sarcastic. It was really nothing in hindsight, she thought, it was just a headache, nothing too serious. Looking up again and nodding, she replied the following to Penny, adding a hug to it: "Thanks Penny, it's nice of you to bother." And smiled; well, was there anything else to do than smiling goofily at her own comment? Nope. Alix subsequently chuckled at her inner comments.
"It's nothing really, just a migraine. I'm having those rather often nowadays." Sighing she settled down gently on the grass and tried to sunbathe, but quickily discovered that this only increased her headache, just great. "I don't know exactly Penny, I'm having them sometimes and at othertimes just perfect, but they do come almost once or twice every week. Just enough to give me a constant bother. No matter now, no matter." She took a pause for breath and gave her next words a thought or two, then continued with: "You too Penny. How have you been these last months?"

Penelope shrugged. "Boredom kinda attacked me, and I saw a butterfly flying away, so I said, 'why not?' and started chasing it," she said. She stared at the sky for a minute. "If you're having headaches often, maybe you should go to the hospital wing. Could be some headache disease nobody's heard of." She looked back at Alix and winked.

Penelope sat down on the grass, then reclined so she was lying down. "Well," she said. "I found out I have a half-sister. Been doing classes, homework. Met new people, all that stuff." She found a cloud in the sky in the shape of a butterfly, and was about to pint it out to Alix when she realized it might sound stupid.

"Ok, then I understand. You know what Penny? That's really the funniest story I've heard since well, last year actually." Yes, true but not very relevant now, "Really it's nothing to serious now. It's just perhaps boredom." Smiling brightly, Alexandra returned the wink and said in slight surprise: "You have a sister? Wow."

Penelope smiled. "I have a lot of cures for boredom, you're in luck," she said. She nodded. "Yeah. She's well... she's a tomboy. Who likes to skateboard. So we don't have much in common. We've agreed not to be at each other's throats for the sake of our family. She isn't that bad... she just had a grudge against me, thinking our mom would like me better and forget about her. As if she was the one left to her father." She blushed, a little. "Yeah, that's my family, a little messed up everywhere," Penelope, said quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back