Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken had his hair grown out quite a bit now. Back to how long it was to when he started school in Hogwarts. Rather than having the fronts dyed, he had a strand here and there dyed red. He was wearing a leather jacket and dark blue jeans. His black shirt was tight and revealing from his unzipped jacket. He towered over the younger students, as he walked outside in the blazing sun. However, he found the weather quite comfortable. In his clinched hand was a ring, given to him by a mistake back in the past. He had to get rid of it, once and for all. It felt like an anchor on his chest. Rather than having a silver chain on his neck, he replaced it with a black chain with an eagle charm.

Jaken stopped walking at the cliffs. His anger of his past filled him, and gave him enough strength to throw the gorgeous and expensive ring over the cliffs. It soared through the air, and went out of view, chain and all. Jaken sighed, and shook his head. No more, will he dwell on what was. Because he had strong feelings for another. A much better girl, one he wished he had met back when he was a first year. Then he wouldn't have ever invented the gang, hurt Katerina, hurt her. Jaken's stormy eyes closed for a moment, and opened again. The Slytherin teen remained still, and had his arms hung loosely at his sides. The gust blew his brown and red hair gently in the wind. He needed time to heal. Time to figure out who he is: the heartless man that would be exactly like Kalif and Asparuh, or the kind-hearted one that appeared once he came to Hogwarts.

Chace's hands were jammed into his pockets as he sauntered to the cliffs. If he spent any more time in Slytherin house he would probably die of starvation. He was doing everything that he could to keep his mind off a certain Gryffindor girl. Honestly, he didn't know why he spent so much time thinking about her, considering that she wanted nothing to do with him anyways. He had skipped more than a few classes to avoid her, and was almost expecting his head of house to come in one day and turn him into a spotted toad. Not that it would really matter. He didn't think he had made enough friends for anyone to notice his disappearance. The Slytherin boy had just as good as faded into the background like a piece of drapery.

He stopped as a glint caught his eye. Something shiny had gone sailing over the cliffs. Chace turned to see Jaken, one of his roommates, who had obviously just thrown the unidentifiable object. By now, it would probably be impossible to locate. Whatever the older boy had disposed of, he didn't want to see it again.

Trying to crack a small smile, Chace approached the older boy. He did a rather mediocre job of it however. Chace was simply not a happy person these days, and honestly, Jaken didn't look so chipper either. Hopefully, the seventh year boy wouldn't find him a nuisance. "Where were you trying to throw that too?" he started semi-jokingly. Chace's heart wasn't in it however, and it wasn't long before he had jammed his hands back into his pockets anxiously. He hadn't told anyone about Kat. But why would he? He would probably just get laughed at- he was already cowed enough by the fact that a Ravenclaw had kicked his ass.

Jaken's eyes were a bit hazy due to mixed emotions, but became clear when he focused. He could no longer see where the ring had gone to, not like it cared. He would never retrieve it from its newly found grave anyway. He steadily moved his hair from his smooth face, and felt like he accomplished something by simply tossing that ring over the cliffs. Something so small, it had such a huge impact on his life, and yet, he did not even know it until now. It proved that he was over that... That girl from Durmstrang. Never again, will he think of her in that sense. It was too...odd for him. He only thought of one in that sense, and well, he loved her. Such strong words can explain his feelings for now.

The Seventh Year teen heard a small, familiar voice, and turned his gaze to see none other than Chace, his roommate. Jaken glanced back to the direction of the object that must have crossed Chace's vision. "Uh, just over the cliffs and getting rid of it. Allows me some peace of mind to know that I'm over a past mistake." She's not a mistake though... his mind thought of his most recent break-up. Jaken forced his thoughts to get back where they belonged, and that was on the present. Jaken said, his voice low and rather distant, "I haven't really seen you around much. Not out and around the castle." Jaken couldn't bring himself to smile, not even a hint of one.

Chace's feeble attempt at a smile melted off of his features as Jaken responded. His more inquisitive side wanted to ask Jaken what that mistake was, but the younger Slytherin had a feeling that it would not be a good idea. He shifted where he stood, his emerald eyes falling to his feet every so often. Whatever was bothering Jaken, it had to be something serious. The seventh year was normally good natured, well, he always had appeared that way to Chace.

The sixteen year old boy shrugged. "I just haven't felt like getting out, I guess. Nothing more to do than classes." This was really a sugar coated lie. The truth was that he didn't want to show his face to either Kat or her new boyfriend again, and make more of a fool of himself than he already had. His lack of having clubs or activities kept him on the down low easily. As silence ensued, Chace wondered if he should let Jaken have some time alone.

Jaken turned his rather large body toward Chace. The more he thought of the past, the angrier he got. Though he doubted anything would set him off though. He managed to control his anger issues rather easily now. That is, he always had something to calm him down right afterward as well. Jaken let out a soft sigh, and stated, "Classes are usually boring. Perhaps you could head down to the Quidditch field and fly a few laps or something?" Jaken honestly had no clue what the fifth year liked to do in his spare time. But eh, Jaken knew almost no one that did not like flying. Even his baby sister loved to fly, even if she wasn't old enough to fly on her own on a real broomstick.

Chace shifted uncomfortably where he stood. He could not help the nagging feeling that he had intruded on something personal. His emerald eyes downcast in embarrassment, he responded plainly, "I don't fly. Haven't since first year." As far as Chace knew he was the only person that got sick at the very idea of being on a broomstick. The mention of flying was enough to turn his stomach upside down. He liked the soles of his shoes planted on terra firma. He felt quite awkward around Jaken, who obviously played Quidditch. With how big the guy was, he would have made him out for a beater. "You're on the Quidditch team, right?" The younger of the two Slytherins felt that he was snatching at empty conversation.

Jaken raised an eyebrow. Chace didn't like flying? That was a first time he had heard this. He bit his lip awkwardly, and finally responded, "Well, can't say that I am not amused to hear that. I haven't seen or heard of anyone who didn't like flying. But I can only guess why that is." Jaken hadn't flown for a while, and every time he did, it seemed like he crashed somehow. Or in last time's case, Mike did. Jaken hadn't seen that boy in a while, but that it really mattered to him much anyway. Everyone had their own lives. The seventh year nodded, "I play Keeper. Though Beater is my best position." Jaken wondered what did this kid like to do for fun. "Well, since you don't fly, then well, I don't know of other things to do besides pick on younger students or take a trip to the Forbidden Forest." Jaken himself had stayed away from the forest. Last time he was in there, he got a beat down by his old man.

Chace chuckled nervously. He was one that would rather be observing in the stands. Cheering was not his forte, but he did like to watch. He was always comfortable knowing that he was much safer than the poor sops on broomsticks. "Yeah, it's just never been my thing." He nodded as Jaken said that he was the team's Keeper, though he didn't look to be much of one.

"Picking on younger students? I haven't done that since I was a third year back at my old school," he replied with a feral grin, "But the Forbidden Forest, well- it's Forbidden." His emerald eyes brightened at the idea. He wondered if Jaken was implying that he wanted to take a trip there. Chace wouldn't mind stirring up some trouble himself.

[[Is this open? If not i'll edit my post]]

Ashley decide to have a little trip all over the castle on her first day back. She stopped half of the term last year and want to continue her study in here in Hogwarts and have a new life. Ashley's family was no longer half, her mom and dad got back and they have a perfect family again.

Ashley decided to walk at the cliffs which Cecily said its open, Cecily explained all the new stuffs in the school and Ashley wish she can live with. As she walked towards the cliffs, she saw two guys the she didn't know at least for now. She went to them and greeted a simple, "Hey."

I honestly don't care. It is also up to Chace as well.

Jaken nodded, indicating he understood Chace. Perhaps there are non fliers in the school after all. Jaken confessed with a small frown on his face, "I haven't done that since my fourth year. To be honest, I don't know why I even mentioned it. I know I wouldn't do it without a just cause." Jaken shook his head a tiny bit, not really wanting to discuss much further about the topic. Jaken hated having his past talked about. It shamed him really. Jaken shrugged lightly, "I don't see why it is forbidden. I have yet to run across anything dangerous in there." Jaken's gaze went toward the forest, wondering if he would dare go in there. Of course he would. And he knew it. A small "Hey." hanging in the air snapped him out of his thoughts. He glanced at the girl, one he seen and yet, not know. Jaken smiled faintly, "Hey..." Though it was small, he didn't know what else to say.

The topic didn't say open, but I'll roll with it. And this rp isn't on the first day they returned to school, it's about a week and a half later. :)

Chace shrugged. If he were presented the opportunity, he was sure that he wouldn't mind messing with a gullible little first year. Jaken made have had some revelations on the matter, but Chace had no qualms about embracing the Slytherin within him. And since he no longer had a best friend/ flirt that was a Gryffindor, he had no one to really answer too. He grinned slyly.

"Honestly, I think it sounds like a marvelous idea." The Slytherin fifth year's eyes narrowed as a girl approached the two of them. He thought he recognized her from one of his classes, but he still couldn't put a name to a face. Chace had always pretty much alienated himself from his fellow fifth years anyway. "Um, hello," he responded plainly. Chace had never been all that friendly to people outside his own house that he didn't know, and he wasn't about to make any exceptions. It took him all he had not to sneer when his eyes fell on the house colors she was wearing. Hufflepuff.

Jaken laughed silently. He nodded at Chace, saying that he agreed with the idea being a good one. He turned to the girl that he had no idea who it was. Jaken shrugged lamely, "Eh, not really. If we had to talk alone and in private, I think we would have chosen a better spot." He had some sort of a friendly smile on his face. Even though her colors were Huffelpuff from his guess, he did not know much about the rivalry of the houses anymore. Not that he needed to, he wasn't really from any Hogwarts. Jaken introduced himself, "I'm Jaken Styx. And well, I'm a seventh year in Slytherin." Jaken wasn't normally much of a talker, and especially to a girl that was completely knew to him. It wasn't surprising that he found himself without much words either.

"Nice to met you Jaken, i'm in fifth year..Um..Hufflepuff." Ashley nervously said, first time to talk on both Slytherin guys. She looked at the other guy who did introduce himself to her, such a snobbish Ash said through her mind. "So, what you two up to?" Ashley asked facing Jaken.

Chace was thrilled that Jaken agreed with him. Merlin knew that the fifth year Slytherin needed some excitement in his life. Right now, his situation at the school was almost as bad as when his mother had taught him- not completely, but almost. He decided to chime in, even though the girl had directed the question at Jaken. "Well, we were talking," he retorted. Hadn't that been obvious? Chace had never been the kindest person, and after what he had gone through with Kat, he was relatively bitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back