Building Trusts.

Melody Renson

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Apple 13 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Melody and Sam walked side by side down the second floor corridor in comfortable silence. After they had met on the North Tower, she had shouted all her bottled up anger out at him, and attempted to jump off the tower. He had convinced her not to, and they had talked in the rain. An unlikely frienndship had sprung up between them, and even though she still rarely spoke, Melody felt comfortable around him.
She wandered over to a window, and looked out at the grey sky. It wasn't quite raining, just dark clouds.

Sam walked along beside Melody, he stopped when she did, and admired the view from the window like her.

"Do you think that its going to rain?" he asked her quietly, guesturing towards the dark clouds.

Melody shrugged slightly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. In fat, she didn't think it was going to rain, but she didn't think it mattered too much. She pulledout her wand, and twirled it lightly in her fingers. Clearing her throat slightly, she asked in a barely audible voice "Have you learnt any magic yet?"
Pointing her wand at a quill lying on a nearby windowsill, she flicked her wand and murmered "Accio"
The quill shot towards her, and she caught it, placing it on the windowsill again.

"Yeah, quite a bit" he replied, smiling to himself, his mother would have been proud, a true Ravenclaw "I really enjoy learning them all" as soon as he said this, Sam felt a little embarrassed, he hadn't really said things like that to anyone before, he shrugged it off, and watched what Melody was doing.

Melody nodded, and leant against the wall, so that she was facing away from the window. It was awkward when they were just standing here. If she had been here with him a year ago, she would have been making conversation, maybe even flirting a little bit. But that had all changed in June, and now she didn't feel like talking to anyone, not even her own mother.

Sam leant against the wall like Melody. There was silence and she was not talking, but Sam didn't worry, he knew when he didn't need to speak. He decided to break the silence.

"So, what's you favourite animal?" he asked, turning towards her slightly, he had decided that this topic was simple, and would cause any trouble - well he hoped it wouldn't.

Daisy was making her way through the castle, when she noticed a boy and girl about her age leaning on the wall nearby. The boy was pretty cute, so she decided to go speak with him. Daisy was rather quiet these days, but could always find words when it came to talking with boys. Girls on the other hand were just annoyances. They backstabbed, and gossiped, and were just plain stupid. There was always some drama, whether it to do with clothes, boys, etc. Daisy wasn't like that, and preferred to just hang with the guys.

"Hey there.." she said to the boy, her voice smooth. She looked at him with flirty eyes, a light smirk on her lips. "I'm Daisy," she continued, not bothering to ask for his name. Although she wasn't exactly a girly-girl, Daisy was still rather vain, not really caring about anyone else. (Well, apart from friends and family, she was fiercely loyal to them.) The whole while, Daisy didn't even glance at the girl next to the cute guy.

Meldoy was just considering her answer, when a girl rounded the corner, and walked up to them. She looked right through Melody, and talked to Sam. Melody was used to this. She was good at being invisible. The girl spoke with a certain confidence that she recognised. She looked down at the stone floor, and studied her worn out converse. She listened for Sam's reaction.

A girl approached them, Sam looked over towards her. He hadn't seen her before, so he smiled in a friendly way. He noticed that she seemed pretty and confident.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Sam" he said replying "And this is Melody" he said guesturing over to Melody. Yet, he couldn't look at her, as he was still looking at Daisy. Snap out of it he muttered quietly to himself. He did, by looking over at Melody.

"Sam," Daisy smiled, saying his name quietly. She wasn't freaky or anything, that was just how she memorised people's names. Only when he finished his sentence, did she realise that the girl had a name. Still keeping eye contact with Sam, Daisy briefly glanced at the her. "Oh, hey Melody.." she said, giving the girl a quick smile, barely meeting her eyes.

Daisy was quite a bit taller than Melody, and seemed to tower over her. Not in an intimidating way, because Daisy wasn't like that. Yeah, she could be mean if she wanted to, but it wasn't just something she did for the fun of it. The way she towered over Melody was more like.. 'I'm not trying to, but I'm looking down on you. Not in a stuck-up way, but I just can't help it'. Because Daisy definitely wasn't stuck-up. In fact, she was quite the opposite. Growing up in a foster home, it was impossible to be like that. Sam and Melody were probably a million times richer than she. Daisy just liked feeling powerful; she was a Slytherin after all. Maybe not a totally mean cliched one, but a Slytherin none the less.

(( Wow, ramble much? :p ))

Sam smiled when Daisy said his name, it sounded nice. He decided to strike up a topic, one which he had just started when she had arrived.

"So do you have a favourite animal?" he asked, looking a Daisy.

Meldoy kept her eyes to the ground as Sam mentioned her name. She felt like she was shrinking by the minute. For some reason, the way that Sam and Daisy were talking to eachother bothered her, deep down somewhere, but she blocked out the emotion, which had become a familiar process lately.
Sam asked Daisy the same question that he had asked her before Daisy had joined them. She sighed inaudibly, and listened to them.

(Hmm, not saying much...)

Daisy laughed slightly at Sam's question. "You're funny," she said, hitting his arm playfully. "And um.. I'd probably go with.. a lion." she finished, flicking her long golden hair over her shoulder. In many ways, Daisy was a lot like a lion, so it was quite ironic that she'd chosen it as her favourite. "What about you?" she asked in return. Realising that Sam and her were probably being a bit mean to the other girl there, Daisy glanced at her briefly again. "And you, Melanie? Melody, sorry.."

(( Yeaah.. sorry about that :errm: ))

Sam smiled back at Daisy.

"Well, I actually like rabbits" he said, blushing slightly "They were my Mums favourites" he looked sideways at Melody, she would know what he meant. Then thought he had better ask her

"So what was you favourite animal?"

(No no sorry, I meant me :p)

A lion. Figures Melody thought bitterly. The anger in her own thought surprised her, so in an attempt to go back to the dormitory without being noticed, she began to slide along the wall. Heart sinking when she heard both Sam and Daisy ask her what her favourite animal was, she just kept her mouth shut, and eyes to the ground. She might have considered telling them if her favourite wasn't the same as Sam's. It would sound stupid if she also said rabbits. Melody knew that her silence would probably amuse Daisy, and so she resigned herself to yet another set of rumors about her weirdness.

(( I know, I meant sorry that I couldn't give you much to work with.. ya know, since I'm mainly talking to Sam :p ))

Were? Daisy thought, when Sam mentioned something about his mum liking Rabbits. She wondered why he spoke in past tense, but chose not to push it. Instead, she just gave him a small smile. Realising that Melanie Melody still hadn't answered, Daisy turned her gaze to her once again. It was one thing to be quiet, but another thing completely to just flat out ignore someone. She had included the girl to be nice, but now Daisy was getting a wee bit annoyed by this rudeness. But as she turned to Melody, she saw the smaller girl begin to back across the wall, as if she was trying to run away. I'm not that intimidating, am I? Daisy thought. "Um, are you okay?" she asked with an awkward laugh, looking back at Sam. She gave him a look that said 'what happened, did I do something?'.

[this is hard to post too... :blink: :doh: hope this is ok ]

Sam shrugged at Daisy. He walked over to Melody, who once again looked vunerable. He took her arm, gently.

"Melody, are you ok?" he asked.

(I know! And I'm finding it hard to get into character too :doh: )

Meldoy froze when she felt Sam's hand on her arm. She hadn't been touched by another person since... she didn't even want to think about it. Twisting her arm out of his grip, she whispered tensly "Don't touch me"
She tried to move her legs, but they seemed to be glued to the ground.

"Um.." Daisy said, totally confused. She didn't understand what was wrong with this girl. She raised her hand to touch Melody's shoulder, but quickly pulled it back when the quiet girl whispered something strangely. "Should I.. go?" Daisy said to Sam, looking between the two. She had absolutely no clue was to why Melody had frozen like that, as Daisy was sure she hadn't said anything insulting. Just introduced herself and told them what her favourite animal was. How could anyone go weird over that? Unless of course.. oh, Melody must have a soft spot for Sam, she thought, raising an eyebrow slightly. Well, he may be cute, but if he's taken, then I better back off.. Daisy continued, taking a small step backwards. She hadn't meant to do anything to infuriate the girl, but she obviously must have without realising it. Why else would someone just go so weird all of a sudden?

[glad you are too! ^_^ hmmm what shall i do next.]

Sam gave a weak smile to Daisy

"Yeah, maybe you should" he paused glancing at Melody "I'll sort this out"

Once she had gone, Sam sat down against the wall, he felt horrible. He hadn't let go of her arm, even though she had told him to. He didn't want her to leave, he liked her company, she was his friend too. Finally he let go of her arm, letting her decided whether she would leave or stay.

"I'm sorry" he whispered to Melody "Look, will you just explain everything to me?" he looked up meeting Melodys eyes.

Meldoy stood tensely as Daisy walked away. Sam still had her arm, and she was relieved when he let go. She stumbled towards the wall, away from Sam and his gaze.
"I can't..." she managed, leaning against the wall, and staring dow at her feet.
She had no idea what do. She was grateful to Sam for not making Daisy stay. This was the guy she become friends with on the North Tower. Deciding that if Sam was giving her this opportunity to pour her heart out, she might as well.

Taking a deep breath, she slid down the wall next to Sam "Well, it's a long story" she said, still looking down at her shoes.

Sam looked around, and shrugged.

"I've got time"

He sighed to himself, looking at Melody. He felt really bad. He hated hurting anyone, especially Melody. He was pretty protective over her, there was something about her. He wanted to make sure nobody hurt her again. He was puzzled about this too, he was so protective, yet it seemed like more than a brother. Sam decided that he would think about this later though. As he was ready to listen to Melody.

Melody sighed, and rsigned herself to a hour of awkward silence. This was the first time she had told anybody about this, and this subject wasn't really a comfortable one to talk about with Sam. But she knew she had to, and matbe she would feel better after.
Taking another deep breath, she began her story, in her quiet, Irish voice.
"Well, last year, ust before the summer holidays, a new boy named William joined our school" she said, pink tinging her cheeks "He was dark, handsome and mysterious, and my best friend at the time, Rachel, and I welll... liked him quite a bit" she said, the pink turning to red.
"One day, at lunch time, William asked me to take a walk with him. So, of course I went. We talked for ages, and I felt like I had know him my whole life. He told me he felt the same" she said, her voice turning hard in the last sentence.

Melody paused, clearing her thoat slightly. She hadn't used it properl like this in so long, it was rusty and sore.
"When we got back, Rachel was cold, and I knew why, but I was so self centered I ignored her and went off with William" she said, shamefaced.
"Anyway, school ended, and we spent every moment together. He told me that... he loved me" she said, almost inaudibly. This wasn't something she liked talking about, at all.
"He also said that we would spend our lives together" she said, bowing her head.
She struggled with herself, forcing her mouth to open and tell the rest
"The day after he told me all of that, we had arranged to meet down by the river. He was an hour late, and when he finally turned up-" she broke off, voice cracking. This was going to be hard "He was with Rachel, and just brushed me off" sh said, keeping all emotion out of her voice "Told me that he and Rachel were going away... somewhere" she finished, unable to keep the bitterness out of her voice.

She knew her story sounded lame, and nothing to get upset about, but there were details she had left out, and other things like her parents. It had hurt her deeply, and she had basically withdrawn into herself ever since.

Sam was, speechless. He honestly didn't know what to say. He took a breath and spoke. This was after a bit of thought in what to say.

"Melo, this is one guy, there are so many more fish in the sea..." he trailed off "I know you really thought that you loved this guy, but everythings going to be ok" he looked at her "Infact, your probably going to find someone way better than him" he paused "I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just know that it will turn out ok, and that your probably better off without him"

Sam looked at Melody, hoping that was he said was ok. He was glad she had told her though, as his Mum used to say when he was little was - A problem shared is a problem halved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back