Building the family

Nelly Camden

OOC First Name
Chalky
Nelly Had been in this position so many times before, every time slightly different than the last, but never as scary as today. Today there would be three new children entering her family. Its what she lived for, she was born to be a mother and she wouldn't let anything get in the way of that, ever. She had been putting off going into the house, but helping the movers instead while she ran over in her head how she would introduce herself, what she would say, do, ask them. What ever she did it would be awkward at first, it always was. These children had just had there lives torn up, and were now being put with a new family that they had never even met before. It couldn't be easy, which ever way you look at it.

It was time to be brave and go in, go in and meet these children. She was quite exited on top of all the nerves. She loved new additions to the family, doing things for them, seeing them gradually overcome their problems and be happier. It was what she lived for after all. She looked over at the rest of her family and smiled, "I'll see you in a little while. Carry on unpacking." Taking a deep breath she stepped through the front door and found her way into where the girls were. "Umm, hey," She waved and tried to control the huge grin as she saw the girls, "I'm Nelly, you're Adoptive mother. Now," she sat in a nearby chair "You're not to call me mum if you don't want to, Nelly is fine if that feels better, and my advice to you is ignore the boys, they're all very.... well, boyish." She tried to break the ice with something light-hearted, still grinning like a Cheshire cat!

Noah had finished getting his boxes out of the van and sorting them so he followed Nell into the house. He stood in the corner of the room as she spoke to the girls and shook his head. He could tell what she was trying to do and he could tell she was failing epically.

"Nell, just, don't okay?" Noah shook his head and stepped forward. "Ignore her, she's a rambler." He smiled at his mum and nudged her in a friendly manner. He wasn't as shy when he was with his family, he could be himself. "I'm Noah." He waved at the two girls and the toddler between them.

Skyle was freaking out. She really didn't want a new 'family'. They would have been fine on there own, but the government had other ideas. Sky was sure they were cursed. That was what was wrong with them she figured. There had to be a reason all their previous guardians had you know... But that was just the main reason she didn't want them here. She didn't want anymore death. She felt totally responsible for her moms, Sarah and Kari, and most recently Damien's death. But she had been a good girl and dressed up a little, put on a happy face and waited for her new family to arrive.

A nicely dressed woman came in and introduced herself as Nelly our new guardian. Shortly after followed by a boy who interrupted Nelly and said his name was Noah. Skyle would have laughed if she hadn't felt so horrible inside so instead she looked them over more closely. "I'm Skyle.. and this is Kairi.. and Angela" She said knowing that Angela would probably have something to say about she could speak for herself or something but didn't care. She just wanted this to be over with so she could leave or at least call Teddy.

((Sorry for the wait people =) ))

Angela was to keep to herself, that was a rule she made. She wasn't going to like this place, or anyone in it. She had even closed off a bit from Skyle, not wanting her to be next. Angela wasn't even going to introduce herself. She looked down at Kairi, whom was tugging on her leg to go 'up'. Angela looked away, and just ignored her, trying to tell herself she was big enough to stand on her own. Angela watched the woman, her body language, the way she rambled and just rolled her eyes tuning out. She heard Skyle introduce herself, and she figured that she would. Angela then turned and made eye contact with the two, still not talking.

She had made sure not to dress up for this, wearing a pair of sweats, her white-blue hair thrown up in a pony-tail, and she had no make-up on; not that she wore much anyways. She wanted them to hate her, she wanted them to want her gone. Maybe she'd be better off away from people.

OOCOut of Character:
No worries, cole :D

Nelly meant well by her ramblings, with nervous children/young people it seemed to reduce nerves to know that she was probably as scared of the meeting as they were. When Noah walked in she sighed, "I thought I asked you to stay outside?" she muttered, in a stern/joking kind of way. She shook her head a little and looked back to Skyle, she seemed like a sweet girl, someone who would try to burn the house down at least! She squatted and waved when introduced to Kairi, mouthing 'Hello' to her.

Angela seemed to be taking a very different approach to the situation than Skyle however. She came across shy, or scared, or as if she just didn't want Nelly to be there at all. Nell's smile dropped a little, she knew the situation couldn't be perfect, but she never liked seeing people upset or cross or whatever. She wasn't going to push the subject now however, she didn't want to make anything worse. "So, do you girl's wanna show me around?" She bounced up onto her toes, clapping her hands together and rubbing her palms, itching to see this house that shed heard so much about!

Skyle was glad Angela was choosing to be quiet. She knew it was better than her throwing a fit. Nelly asked to see the house. Skyle figured she might as well do it because she knew Angela wouldn't. So she picked up Kairi, who was trying so hard to get Angela to pick her up. "Sure, that sounds like a good idea." Skyle really didn't want to do this but she smiled and continued. "This is obviously the living room, I'm not sure how you want to do the bedrooms. There are plenty for everyone but I figured you would handle that." Skyle lead Nelly through the house explaining things when needed. She didn't go to far in to detail about anything but got the job done none the less. "That's all besides the yard really." Skyle said when they came to the last room.

Noah watched as the girl, Skyle, showed Nelly out, giving a tour of the house. He turned to Angela and frowned. He could see why she could be upset, obviously, but he wanted to show her there really wasn't much to be sad about. This family was possibly the best chance people got when they went into the system. Especially with a background like theirs. The kids, well, Damien, had managed to sneak out their folder to see what they would be dealing with. They were impressed.

Noah moved over to stand near her. She interested him and he had a feeling she would become one of his friends whether she wanted it or not. "You know, you're lucky here. You could've been sent to a worse family or, with your record, a child correction facility. Not to mention the thought of separation of you and your cousins." He looked down, wondering how she would react that he had seen her record. "Nelly's a good woman. She doesn't impose on you. She'll let you do what you want really, within reason of course. She's not stupid." He thought about how Damien wasn't allowed home alone or just with Maya. That would be a stupid choice, he did like fire.

Angela closed her eyes for only a moment, telling herself she was not the only one allowed to talk to Kairi. She took a breath and then opened them. Angela watched Skyle's behavior. She was so accepting of this situation. It actually made Angela just the slightest bit sick. She swallowed the lump in her throat and listened again to Nelly. She was glad Skyle decided to do the work, because Angela wasn't about to move from that spot until she was alone, and could do it without a question. Unfortunately, after they left, the boy was still there.

He stood next to her, talking to her as if he expected a response. Angela glanced at him with sharp, aqua orbs when he mentioned seeing her record. That idiot probably lent it to them, or they were warned of her. She didn't want to take it, she wanted to yell at him and knock his head clear to the Americas, where she wanted to be at that moment. She stared at him, blinking every few seconds. She didn't say anything, she just looked. He looked like a snotty, teenage boy. She hated teen age boys; with the exception of Teddy, of course.

Nelly followed Skyle around the house, surprised that the man would leave such a humungous and beautiful house to some strangers. He must have been an amazing person. Just as they got to the last room she smiled at Skyle. "Thank you. It really is beautiful." They made their way back to the first room just in time to hear Noah talking to the other girl, Angela.

Nelly opened the door and looked at her son disapprovingly, she didn't approve of stealing. "You took the girls' records?" She didn't like being angry at them, or even imposing rules properly, that was more Jasons' job, but looking at someone's private property, especially their social services file, was strictly prohibited.

Skyle was glad that the tour was over, but she wanted to be polite, these were the people she was going to be living with weather she wanted to or not. As they made there way back to the front room and heard the one-sided conversation in the living room, she wondered what kind of messed up kids she was living with. He had looked at there files, there were a lot of personal things in those files. Notes from counselors and such. Nelly pretty much asked him if he stole them, Skyle found it funny she had to ask, he had just said he had to Angela. "I'm pretty sure he just said that." Skyle didn't mean to be rude, she was just stating the obvious.

Noah looked up at his mums' voice. "No!" He said automatically. He, himself, wouldn't do that. "Well, I didn't. I was just told about them." He was probably the person most likely in the family to dob on people. He always thought people should know the truth. The truth was a big thing for him. "Damien." Of course it was his brother. He was like that, Nelly probably knew it had been him but she always asked, just in case it was someone else for once.

Angela immediately sunk back into the crowd. To her it seemed that as soon as Skyle had come back, she was ignored. Angela had always held a bit of jealousy and resentment toward the blond beauty. She had always been better at everything, and Angela sighed slightly. She sat down as she listened to them talk about the files, something that irritated her. Kairi, whom had wriggled from Skyle's arms, was now over on Angela's lap. Angela's hand twitched slightly, she wanted to hug her, but she just couldn't. Everyone she touched died, or at least people around them did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back